Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing's, 661 MD AWD HP.....just getting started

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2006, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet!!!!!
Old Jan 27, 2006, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

damn lets go run some 9s
Old Jan 27, 2006, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I don't care about NOPI, NHRA, IDRC or anyone else. We are building this car for US. BTW, that was not meant to be rude sounding to you GSNT.

Everyone keeps pointing out AMS and us going after them. AMS is the fastest and as I have said hundreds of times before we really like those guys. It is not our goal to "go after AMS". Just as when we had the GT35R it was not our goal to "beat Al."

We are running the car for US. If we happen to beat someone's record along the way it was just done on our way to get where WE think we should be. I can honestly say AMS nor Al are in our "sites".

We do have some lofty goals for the car and they do include..................

GSNT, I built the header on the car. I built the one on Matt's car too, it was similar with a GT40R.

This turbo is laggy but I haven't worked at all on trying to get it to spool and of course there is always the bottle. This car will also not be rolled into like it is on the dyno. I'd guess launch RPM's will be 7,000+rpm with anti lag.

I'd really like to run the car with no bottle to start and run some decent numbers with it.

A trip to a Dynojet may be in order when we get it dialed in on our dyno. I'd be interested to see what it makes.

Al's car is coming down next week as he said. Going to be doing a lot of misc work to it he has a GT42R on his.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jan 27, 2006, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
blowoffsilver, is that all?

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jan 27, 2006, 10:09 PM
Evolving Member

lol i would love the 8s to please
Old Jan 27, 2006, 10:19 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I don't care about NOPI, NHRA, IDRC or anyone else. We are building this car for US. BTW, that was not meant to be rude sounding to you GSNT.

Everyone keeps pointing out AMS and us going after them. AMS is the fastest and as I have said hundreds of times before we really like those guys. It is not our goal to "go after AMS". Just as when we had the GT35R it was not our goal to "beat Al."

We are running the car for US. If we happen to beat someone's record along the way it was just done on our way to get where WE think we should be. I can honestly say AMS nor Al are in our "sites".

We do have some lofty goals for the car and they do include..................

GSNT, I built the header on the car. I built the one on Matt's car too, it was similar with a GT40R.

This turbo is laggy but I haven't worked at all on trying to get it to spool and of course there is always the bottle. This car will also not be rolled into like it is on the dyno. I'd guess launch RPM's will be 7,000+rpm with anti lag.

I'd really like to run the car with no bottle to start and run some decent numbers with it.

A trip to a Dynojet may be in order when we get it dialed in on our dyno. I'd be interested to see what it makes.

Al's car is coming down next week as he said. Going to be doing a lot of misc work to it he has a GT42R on his.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
I am down with Dave's plan

As the sanctioned sport comact racing series become less and less grass root and more and more rigid - they appeal less to me

After winning most of the races I entered last year - this year will be a year to run the car when ever and where ever I can run it

I have to have david's genious touch on my car and have his master eye clean up my set up

I am also excited to have david tune my aem

Last edited by DynoFlash; Jan 27, 2006 at 10:30 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When you switched back to the 2.0 did you ever consider a destroked 4g64? I've been told that those blocks with the proper support can go over 10k. My goal is to slap on a turbo that can sustain about 22psi to a 10k redline. Hopefully your EVO9 20g will be up for the task. What do you think about the turbo and the 2.1? Also one crazy idea I had since I wanted to maintain low spool and no drop off in boost would a properly setup twin turbo work?
Old Jan 27, 2006, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sport Compact racers lack the proper leadership. These things can be just as exciting as the big time dragsters. Instead we get no coverage on any major networks, prizes which don't amount to much, and cash prizes is pretty much non existent. I wish someone could take this sport to the next level. If snowboards and skateboards can be on the major networks why can't these events be there.

With the proper coverage/sponership it would give us smaller guys with unique ideas a chance. Right now most of the top cars are just advertisement for whichever major shop built it. None of us small timers can compete to their budget since will we gain pretty much nothing in return

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
I am down with Dave's plan

As the sanctioned sport comact racing series become less and less grass root and more and more rigid - they appeal less to me

After winning most of the races I entered last year - this year will be a year to guys run the car when ever and where ever I can run it

I have to have david's genious touch on my car and have his master eye clean up my set up

I am also excited to have david tune my aem
Old Jan 27, 2006, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
I am glad that i have arranged to bring my car to Buschur Racing this comming week for the Buschur treatment !

I can not wait to see the results from the black car - the meanest Evo i have seen to date
AMS's evo is the meanest to date and is very beautiful hands down that is my opinion, This black one from Buschur does have a beautiful setup though none the less.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

Didn't Al's car dyno at 580awhp on Buschur MD and didn't his car make 761awhp on a dynojet? If so, Dave's car should already be putting out over 840awhp, we'll see.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 12:10 AM
Ron
Evolving Member

Why such low power on a GT45R? The Ecotec boys are making 1200-1400 hp (flywheel) on the GT45R. Is your current state of tune just a low-boost shakedown session?
Old Jan 28, 2006, 01:59 AM

Quick question,why did you choose the HKS Kansai inlet manifold,and how do you think it performs?
Old Jan 28, 2006, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by T()()L
Quick question,why did you choose the HKS Kansai inlet manifold,and how do you think it performs?
Is that an hks? I thought it was a Full Race looks just like the one full race produces for the honda
Old Jan 28, 2006, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

it's the kansai...great manifold...never heard anything bad about it.
but it is a little pricey..
Old Jan 28, 2006, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
/\ this is the first I have heard of someone utilizing the HKS intake manifold....what are you impression of it dave?

Last edited by kmcconn9; Jan 28, 2006 at 07:14 AM. Reason: sp

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing's, 661 MD AWD HP.....just getting started