Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing's, 661 MD AWD HP.....just getting started

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2006, 07:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ron
Why such low power on a GT45R? The Ecotec boys are making 1200-1400 hp (flywheel) on the GT45R. Is your current state of tune just a low-boost shakedown session?
We are just getting started. This was only the 3rd full pull on the car. We had some intercooler piping problems and that is what caused us to end the day early.

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow.. great work as usual! Cant wait to see an evo in the 8s. Also.. the tq comparison between your new 20g and this turbo just further indicates to me that your turbo is the way to go on the street.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

thats sick. that turbo is as big as my head! haha. sick numbers cant wait to see the 1/4 mile times. do u guys ever head to raceway park nj? im there for the waterfests and vw shows because i am a huge vw fan. i would love to see the buschur fam at a waterfest , i will be there this year with my evo, hopefully sporting my new 20g and custom tune. u guys would have a good time if u have never gone. i still like hanging with the geman car owners because a lot of the times they are more chill than a lot of import owners, mostly because thay are older. no trying to offend anyone here, just telling it how i see it in my neck of the woods. well anyway if u guys are ever at raceway park please let me know and i will drive down there and meet u guys.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That is one nasty setup, and I can't wait to see final numbers. Nicely done Buschur!
Old Jan 30, 2006, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Nice!!!
Old Jan 30, 2006, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

That's just crazy. Can't wait to see the thing in the summer when I come up to get parts installed.

And I like the attitude on the whole racing thing. That's the way I'd love to do it. Just go for fun and see what you can do and see. No pressure, no hassles.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Way to go David! You never cease to impress. That is freakin kick a**! Once you get it tuned, please take it over to Tym's dyno and break the record...just don't break the dyno!!

Last edited by DragNRacing; Jan 31, 2006 at 04:07 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 06:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DragNRacing
Way to go David! You never cease to impress. That is freakin kick a**! Once you get it tuned, please take it over to Tim's dyno and break the record...just don't break the dyno!!
Sure you dont want to change over to this setup Trevor? lol
Old Jan 31, 2006, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
Sure you dont want to change over to this setup Trevor? lol
Not with the MR due to its limited production...it is tempting though, but I still need a nasty street/Solo2/road course car I'm going to buy an RS for my all out drag car Probably look for something that was stolen or in an accident. Enlosed trailer will probably come first. I'll gladly be on call if you need a backup driver
Old Feb 2, 2006, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Yes, we should be at Englishtown this year. We are planning to travel with this car some. Hitting just Mitsubishi events with it.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Feb 6, 2006, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Why would I go with what everyone else is running? Back in the day we were ahead of everyone else and quite honestly we sat idle too long with the EVO. We never intended to build a drag car, didn't want one. It seems to have come to this though.

I've sold my tube chassis car to John Shepherd, just sold our Conquest to a friend of mine in Aruba and my brothers kids are old enough he doesn't have to be home as much. It's time to go play. I enjoy building and tuning them, he loves to drive. Should make a good combination this year.

Jarrod is working on posting pics right now.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Dont tell me Shep is ditching that record breaking maroon talon? That'd be a shame. Which tube chassis is this? The one with the prostock chassis and talon?

Im curious to see what hes gonna do with that.

Otherwise, I agree...it is good to see that you guys are stepping it up and taking a punch. I mean, this is a kick a$$ start. Good luck
Old Feb 6, 2006, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

any updates on this?

Any1 know how much the gt45 flows?
Old Feb 6, 2006, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by feldguy
Dont tell me Shep is ditching that record breaking maroon talon? That'd be a shame. Which tube chassis is this? The one with the prostock chassis and talon?

Im curious to see what hes gonna do with that.

Otherwise, I agree...it is good to see that you guys are stepping it up and taking a punch. I mean, this is a kick a$$ start. Good luck
Don't you know anything about DSM history? Shepard's maroon colored rocket WAS originally Buschur's. Silly kids...
Old Feb 6, 2006, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Being the first DSM was released before I even thought about puberty, I'd say NO I dont. Even so, that hasn't much to do with the new sale of the vehicle. Just the same, I knew there was an association with Shep and Buschur, Dave freshens up the block every now and again for the car etc etc.

So...sonic, know anything about the intent?
Old Feb 6, 2006, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

I want mine to do the samething when I get it You hear me Dave.
Hay by the way thanks for the quick reply, on tuning my GTi with Tec3. I will call you as soon as she is running.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing's, 661 MD AWD HP.....just getting started