Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.
View Poll Results: Buschur Delux or AMS with lower intercooler pipe
Buschur Delux
37.78%
AMS with lower intercooler pipe
62.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Buschur Delux or AMS with lower intercooler pipe

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2006, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow, that Nisei pipe looks awsome. I wish Buschur had the Lower IC pipe at the time I inquired, I would had bought their product in a hearbeat. I do have AMS now.

To me it will always be a mistery to ever know why Buschur took so long to release a LICP that would sell independetly and not having to buy it with their Intercooler. Had they release a LICP sooner and I can promise you they would have sold many many more LICP.

My opinion is to get Buschur pipes, they have been tested for best performance. The black intercooler pipes made by Helix have to much length and many extensions in my opinion, then you are paying extra $20 because they are black("limited edition")

Good luck
Old Feb 5, 2006, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The only thing the Buschur kit leaves out is the nipple for the hose running to the boost solenoid (or MBC if you're using one instead). You have to get that from the manifold hose after install.

I don't know about AMS's product.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Thats looks nice.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 08:40 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by KazzEvo8
The only thing the Buschur kit leaves out is the nipple for the hose running to the boost solenoid (or MBC if you're using one instead). You have to get that from the manifold hose after install.
Or you just spent about $2 for a 1/8 x 1/8 npt nipple, $5 for a drill bit and tap, and then add a nipple yourself to the Buschur pipe. It's very easy and quick and the material is thick enough that you get a good seal with a little thread sealant.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KazzEvo8

I don't know about AMS's product.
Its really not a big deal. I just tapped into the BOV line. Took all of 60 seconds.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
Its really not a big deal. I just tapped into the BOV line. Took all of 60 seconds.
I'm tapped into the BOV line myself but it was an unexpected need when I sat down to do the install and there is some controversy about impact on MBC/BOV timing and operation.

If I'd have known and was so prepared I might have done the "tap". But I'm not inclined to jack her all up and go after that again just for that purpose.

I agree it's not a huge deal but it IS a difference from stock. Again, I don't know about AMS' configuration. I'm of the opinion they don't replace the stock turbo outlet pipe???
Old Feb 6, 2006, 06:47 AM

I'd go with the buschur, the guys are great to deal with and they have great pricing on their products.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

It is better to run the MBC straight off the turbo, I wouldn't recommend using the BOV method.... I used to run off the BOV method and had surging and bucking so I switched it to use the turbo as a source and it works perfect now. As for AMS LICP it fits on the left side of the intercooler so it doesnt even effect the turbo outlet where the nipple is because its on the opposite side.

Last edited by dan628; Feb 6, 2006 at 08:27 AM.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dan628
It is better to run the MBC straight off the turbo, I wouldn't recommend using the BOV method....
Would you care to give an explanation why?
Old Feb 6, 2006, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

I would go with the AMS....i had a buschur and did not have good luck with it.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 08:40 AM
EvoM Guru

As for AMS LICP it fits on the left side of the intercooler so it doesnt even effect the turbo outlet where the nipple is because its on the opposite side.
What are you talking about? The AMS and Buschur LICPs are both on the same side of the intercooler.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

then why are people talking about the MBC for the LICP on bushcur's pipe not having the nipple, people have no clue I guess... I wasnt even talking about Buschur, I was talking about AMS pipe....
Old Feb 6, 2006, 10:42 AM
EvoM Guru

then why are people talking about the MBC for the LICP on bushcur's pipe not having the nipple, people have no clue I guess... I wasnt even talking about Buschur, I was talking about AMS pipe....
I'm still completely confused by what you are saying. The stock turbo outlet pipe that feeds the lower IC piping on the hot side of the FMIC has a nipple. The AMS LICP connects this stock pipe to the hot side of the FMIC (passenger side). The Buschur LICP includes a comparable piece to the AMS kit, plus it also includes a larger turbo outlet pipe that doesn't have a nipple like the stock one. So, the AMS and Buschur kits are the same except that the Buschur kit also replaces the outlet pipe from the compressor (which is on the passenger side as well).

Now are we on the same page?
Old Feb 6, 2006, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

I think so But I was told the pipe goes on the other side, so I guess they were wrong???
Old Feb 26, 2006, 12:31 PM

Personally, i wanted an AMS intercooler but it didn't come with a LICP. Then i was going to go with the Buschur Deluxe w/ LICP But, i wanted to change the UICP as well; The only problem with that was when you change to a UICP from Buschur, you need their Intake with MAF pipe and mini battery so it would have been too costly. So what i'm going to do is get a Set of Helix upper and lower IC pipes for about $360 and call Buschur to see if those pipes will work with their RACE intercooler, if so that's my choice; If not, then i'll get an AMS. What do you guys think?

Quick Reply: Buschur Delux or AMS with lower intercooler pipe