Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

20G-9 from buschur.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2006, 07:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
Would you have to get a $175 Buschur install kit on top of that? Or does that include everything you need to drop it into an Evo8?
I was told by FP that's everything you need.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 07:40 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Anyone remember the commercial with the Indian standing by the littered road side with a tear in his eye (ok, alot of dads would)? Threads like these make Jesus cry...

Ok, just the parts where someone believes their opinion is better than everyone else's...

Last edited by Zeus; Feb 11, 2006 at 07:44 AM.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Maximum Boost
You are going to need something bigger than a 30R to catch us dog!!!!

LOL

Last edited by blowoffsilver; Feb 11, 2006 at 09:46 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 04:41 AM
Evolved Member

well guys the tune and install was today but due to the weather had to postpone until the 20th. AL got stuck and couldnt fly back home so its not happening today. maybe its better because i would have had to drive right through where CT was hit hard. so if everything goes well, next monday i will drive down there for the install and tune.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 04:45 AM
Evolved Member

as far as i know, david knew that i didnt have cams. and like i have said b4 i am doing a turbo first because i can extract more power from the turbo than u cam cams. and warranty, emmissions and all that were voided a long time ago.
Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
He probably assumed that you had cams. David probably would have tried to dissuade you from getting the 20G if he had known that you had stock cams and weren't upgrading them because you thought the turbo was a better bang for the buck (as opposed to keeping them in for warranty, emissions or some other legitimate reason).
Old Feb 13, 2006, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I have been out of here for 4 solid days in school. Dyno/EFI training. Seems you can always learn something!

From page 9, post #132. 4tune8, yes, I feel this is a good upgrade over the stock turbo, if I didn't I would not sell them and that is a fact. I need sales but I don't need sales from parts that I don't believe in and we won't sell junk that doesn't work here.

As a side note, Al was not aware that the turbo he has been tuning, our 20G, had any differences at all. In other words the responses he has been making about our 20g have been without any knowledge of different wheels being used. He is a great supporter of ours but I'd like to think it is because he sees results in tuning with our parts and not just because him and I are friends.

There are many parts he prefers over parts we build and he does recommend those rather than just using strictly Buschur Racing parts. Al is not biased to name but to what works in my opinion.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Feb 13, 2006, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

david when i talked to u over the phone and through pm's , u had told me that with the use to this turbo the stock injectors would be maxed out so i would need at least 680's. others here are telling me that because i still have stock cams i will not need the injectors i bought from u, that the stock ones will work when i add the 20g-9. please let me know if i will need them with theis turbo running boost up to 22psi pump and maybe 26psi race gas with stock cams. thanks
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I have been out of here for 4 solid days in school. Dyno/EFI training. Seems you can always learn something!

From page 9, post #132. 4tune8, yes, I feel this is a good upgrade over the stock turbo, if I didn't I would not sell them and that is a fact. I need sales but I don't need sales from parts that I don't believe in and we won't sell junk that doesn't work here.

As a side note, Al was not aware that the turbo he has been tuning, our 20G, had any differences at all. In other words the responses he has been making about our 20g have been without any knowledge of different wheels being used. He is a great supporter of ours but I'd like to think it is because he sees results in tuning with our parts and not just because him and I are friends.

There are many parts he prefers over parts we build and he does recommend those rather than just using strictly Buschur Racing parts. Al is not biased to name but to what works in my opinion.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Feb 13, 2006, 08:25 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Your going to need them... even if you "didn't", you'd be close enough to wringing out the OE set that you might as well anyway. Not to mention the fact that I can't see you going too awfully long without picking up a set of cams before it is over. Granted, WE (as in almost everyone here including myself) don't know you and your goals from Adam. However, cams would be a part of the natural progression for most anyone wanting to keep a stock based turbo in their car.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

ok so i will need them. cool. cams are in the line up for next mods. but like i said i still have my coilovers to put in and i wanted to do an intercooler b4 cams, but we will see. also not sure what cams i want yet either
Originally Posted by Zeus
Your going to need them... even if you "didn't", you'd be close enough to wringing out the OE set that you might as well anyway. Not to mention the fact that I can't see you going too awfully long without picking up a set of cams before it is over. Granted, WE (as in almost everyone here including myself) don't know you and your goals from Adam. However, cams would be a part of the natural progression for most anyone wanting to keep a stock based turbo in their car.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 09:07 AM

Just curious buy why are you doing an intercooler before cams? You said you wanted to install it yourself, but when you look at the price to power ratio between cams and an intercooler it seems silly not to go with cams next. Now I'm just guessing here because I don't know the exact specs, but with the minimal turbo upgrade you're doing (compared to something along the lines of a 35R) I don't think you're really going to be pushing the lmits of what the stock IC is capeable of in terms of flow/cooling. Like I said, I could be way off base with that statement, so hopefully someone with more knowledge can jump in and comfirm/deny it.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Well with the buschur race ic , anyone should gain a minimum of 10-15whp. now thats just from flow and cooling. not only can i install it myself but it doesnt have to be retuned. so i can just slap it in and go. cams are 600 with about 300+ installed. thats in the line of a G in costs for everything to be done right. an intercooler is 6-700+ and i can install it myself. im not sure whats next to be honset with u, but im leaning toward the ic. in Albany ny where im from, it gets muggy in the summer, so the cooler the better.
Originally Posted by TheSmacker
Just curious buy why are you doing an intercooler before cams? You said you wanted to install it yourself, but when you look at the price to power ratio between cams and an intercooler it seems silly not to go with cams next. Now I'm just guessing here because I don't know the exact specs, but with the minimal turbo upgrade you're doing (compared to something along the lines of a 35R) I don't think you're really going to be pushing the lmits of what the stock IC is capeable of in terms of flow/cooling. Like I said, I could be way off base with that statement, so hopefully someone with more knowledge can jump in and comfirm/deny it.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

Don't forget, with intercooler comes piping. If you are getting the BR Race it doesn't come with a LICP. That makes the combo cost the same amount as the cams. In my opinion, get both! I know it's not always that easy. Good luck to you.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

by the way, if you shop around you can get a great deal on cams and installation. I was able to get mine isntalled for $650. I've seen people in different parts of the country advertise local cam intalls for $200 and less. I hate to push cams so much but they make such a huge difference with proper tuning.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

yeah i know. i just wish i had a second car so i could install them myself. sucks. i also have a 1963 ford galixie 500xl in my garage so there isnt much room.
Originally Posted by Abicus
by the way, if you shop around you can get a great deal on cams and installation. I was able to get mine isntalled for $650. I've seen people in different parts of the country advertise local cam intalls for $200 and less. I hate to push cams so much but they make such a huge difference with proper tuning.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 06:03 PM
Evolving Member

if i run stock boost on the 20g 9 will it make more power? will i still have to upgrade intercooler or injectors?

Quick Reply: 20G-9 from buschur.