Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

20G-9 from buschur.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2006, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sure will. David, when are you guys coming down here?
Old Feb 26, 2006, 12:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TURBODAWG
Al (Dynoflash),

I think he (ez76) had a very good point above. I wanted to ask the same question. I am not a Vishnu guy, but a realist.

I searched back today and found several posts where after testing the WR that you said that you agreed that it wasnt a very good mod for the money.

However I believe that you answered his question pretty well. You were right in saying that it wasnt a 440 whp turbo for the most part.

It does however seem that you are jumping on the bandwagon now that Buschur has decided to sell a WR turbo. You didnt jump on this bandwagon until after David Buschur announced that he was now selling a WR product.... In fact, I never heard you say a good word about FP until yesterday....

I like David Buschur, I have nothing against him at all. But it seems you would endorse anything Buschur Racing sells, even if he was selling "chocolate covered terds"..

We tested a WR that was converted to Evo 9 parts. We made good numbers with it on an Evo 9 with basic bolt on mods. You never even made a post about the numbers at all. You did post in the thread, arguing uselessly about spark plugs or something like that.

Brian
HAHAHA chocolate covered terds... btw can i get a link or a thread name to that test?

Originally Posted by ez76
Here are the facts to face.

FP has Switzer's 420whp dyno on the WR product page. I think that speaks pretty clearly to what they feel the turbo and Tym are capable of.

BR has white-labeled FP products, and I think that speaks pretty clearly to what BR thinks FP products are capable of.

Your historic "case studies" on the WR turbo would seem to speak to what you felt FP and their turbo were capable of. Much like the 20G-9's blades, your opinion also casually switcherooed.

Do I really think you had a negative opinion of FP or Switzer? No. I think more likely you were trying to take the wind out of their sails (snails?) while BR readied their own offering. I think you are now backpedaling as alliances and wheel rotations have reversed.

When EVO9 turbos are back in supply it will be interesting to see if sentiment shifts again. If I read carefully I can see the stage being set for another reversal.
you missed something sir... i'll add it in for you. old wr 8 turbo... no surge, made good curve, worth is up to the owner. old 20g, surgy... power is there, worth with the surge is up to the disgruntled owner.

now... new wr9... more powa, got al's respect... new 20g9, same as wr9... got al's respect...

so... i think i'll take the one that's got al's respect... that's gonna get me at least 5 more horsepowa i can't feel.

Last edited by trinydex; Feb 26, 2006 at 12:45 AM.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 04:50 AM
Evolved Member

i agree 110%
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The deal is like I said, the very first turbo I had built into a 20G-9 was one I bought from Mitsubishi direct, the turbo that is. Then sent to them, had them put the wheel in we worked on together and tested it. No surge, it worked perfectly. Problem was the turbo cost me just short of $1500 to buy then we had to modify it. This was not an option. trubochargers.com had no EVO9 cores. FP did. I bought 7 more EVO9 turbos from FP and had them dropped shipped to tborcharger.com to build into 20g's. So there were a total of 8 turbos built that were 20g-9-6's (6 designates the actual 6 bladed Mitsubishi style wheel). We have since sold probably another 25 or more and those have all been built my FP and are the 20g-9-5 wheels (5 bladed wheels).

With this new crap that has taken place we will not be selling ANYMORE 6 bladed wheels. All of my 20g's will now be built by Robert and have the 5 bladed 20G wheel in them.

deadbeatrec,

You would think that after 40 years of living that I'd know to get something in writing but it's tough to for me to get into the frame of mind that most people are not stand up kind of people. The world is full of more people who will break their word than will keep it. Just this year we had to come up with a written contract for guys we help out "sponsoring". In the past we have helped tons of guys and in the end they can't even put a simple sticker on their car. It makes me sick honestly. If you give you word you keep it, plain and simple.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Feb 27, 2006, 04:55 AM
Evolved Member

quick question dave, on my actuator it looks like it has been welded in the corner just like in nils's pictures. does this mean that i have a high boost actuator? because i know i didnt pay for one but when tuning the car, the boost wouldnt go below 1.4-1.5 bar. so im guessing that i am one of the first to receive the free high boost actuator? sounds good to me if i am correct because the car is a beast.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

deadbeatrec, did you ever get you cat issue resolved and are you going in for a dyno anytime soon?
Old Feb 27, 2006, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

i have the test pipe, just waiting for the weather to warm up a lil to put it in, right now its 10 degrees out and windy as ****. so as soon as i get that in, i think im going to buy a aem ugeo and install that. dyno and another tune is 350 buck plus the time and money spent driving down there. so for now no more tuning, unless i need it. im going on vac-ca soon and i need to save for that so we will have to see if the cat prob gets cleared with the test pipe. if its nice this weekend i will install it.
Originally Posted by QAT-R
deadbeatrec, did you ever get you cat issue resolved and are you going in for a dyno anytime soon?
Old Feb 28, 2006, 07:05 PM
Evolving Member

question? when installing the 20G-9 from buschur the installation kit is needed for the 03 evos. would i still need the installation kit if im going to use the evo 9 exhaust manifold down to the downpipe?
Old Mar 1, 2006, 04:44 AM
Evolved Member

if u have a evo 8 then u will need the new oil lines unless u want to bend ur existing ones. however u do not need the new lower ic pipe if u are running the stock intercooler and stock plumbing.
Originally Posted by htsai14752
question? when installing the 20G-9 from buschur the installation kit is needed for the 03 evos. would i still need the installation kit if im going to use the evo 9 exhaust manifold down to the downpipe?
Old Mar 1, 2006, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

If anyone wants to give this a try I have the lines that came off my 8 I'll sell for cheap.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

hey are u having any boost creep issues? i am a little bit and im not sure if its the wastegate not adjusted right or if its my diverter valve spring not tight enough. i have the forge diverter valve and i think i have the tightest spring in, and i thought that spring would hold more than 25psi but i can confirm that anywhere. when i hit 1.5 bar on my boost gauge it goes to 1.6. also i have my boost gauge taped off my fuel pressure regulator, so is the pressure that im reading there more than what it would read at my manifold??? trying to fogure this all out but im not positive about any of this. please help.
Originally Posted by justchil
If anyone wants to give this a try I have the lines that came off my 8 I'll sell for cheap.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Not that I've noticed.. but I really havent got to drive the car in decent weather yet (It's been parked all week fixing ic pipe issues then I busted my radiator). Hopefully the radiator comes today

I'm not really sure.. I've got mine tapped off the manifold. Wouldn't hurt to switch it around to see. Is your DV the newer Forge or the older one (I think some of the older ones had issues?).
Old Mar 1, 2006, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

ok first and formost the reason y i didnt tap my gauge off my manifold is because i didnt know where to tap it off of. can u describe it to me or maybe a link or even batter if u have pictures.
secondly i have the older forge valve, but have never had any problems with any forge products. the valve is a great valve and i do not think thats the problem other than the spring might not be tight enough.
Originally Posted by justchil
Not that I've noticed.. but I really havent got to drive the car in decent weather yet (It's been parked all week fixing ic pipe issues then I busted my radiator). Hopefully the radiator comes today

I'm not really sure.. I've got mine tapped off the manifold. Wouldn't hurt to switch it around to see. Is your DV the newer Forge or the older one (I think some of the older ones had issues?).
Old Mar 1, 2006, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

edit i cant find where to tap into the manifold, only the fuel pressure regulator

Last edited by deadbeatrec; Mar 1, 2006 at 07:21 AM.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

The boost creep is due to upgraded Wastegate Actuator that oppens up later Higher boost then stock 9. (I have same issue on mine 20G9) Yo can tap either boost source with no sick effects.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

im glad im not the only one with the creep.

i realize that its ok to tap from the FPR but is it less acurate than the manifold?
Originally Posted by mikiblueeyes
The boost creep is due to upgraded Wastegate Actuator that oppens up later Higher boost then stock 9. (I have same issue on mine 20G9) Yo can tap either boost source with no sick effects.

Quick Reply: 20G-9 from buschur.