Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

20G-9 from buschur.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2006, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok I just spoke with Nick on aim.. Dave will get this answered as soon as he can.. he's working on an engine right now so lets just wait and see what he says
Old Feb 8, 2006, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by deadbeatrec
being an engineer working on designs all day at a government facitity i cant call right now either. sorry.thats y i made a thread about it, but it got closed for some odd reason.
It got closed because you asked the same questions in this thread. Dave Buschur doesn't sit on his pc ALL day answering questions. He works as well, give him time to chime in and answer the questions for us. If you wanted an answer to your question fast, you should have called them.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

very cool, thanks for looking out. cant have aim or any messanger here so forums are all i got. thanks again bro.
Originally Posted by justchil
Ok I just spoke with Nick on aim.. Dave will get this answered as soon as he can.. he's working on an engine right now so lets just wait and see what he says
Old Feb 8, 2006, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

got cha
Originally Posted by VTECH8TR
It got closed because you asked the same questions in this thread. Dave Buschur doesn't sit on his pc ALL day answering questions. He works as well, give him time to chime in and answer the questions for us. If you wanted an answer to your question fast, you should have called them.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 07:42 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Geeze, what a freakin frenzy! I for one can say without a doubt David does not sell crap. I've had enough customers come through with his products, that if I were starting over, I might run exclusively Buschur stages (except the loud ***-ed exhaust, but David and I have talked about that ).

Designs change people... anyone who knows anything about this business knows it is a constant evolution (no pun) to provide the end user with the best product possible. If not, the Jones would put you out of business. Others jumped overboard real quick. Using Jeet Kune Do as a reference, "...there are only so many ways to manipulate a joint... in the end, your style will call bending the wrist this way one thing, and my style will call it another..." Who cares how many blades your turbo has... what I want to know is how well it bends the wrist!
Old Feb 8, 2006, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

in no way shape of form and i badmouthing david or his company, but usually in the past he has told us about his design changes. so please dont think that i am questioning his products because if i were i would never have bought all the things i have from him. i support buschurracing.com anyway i can but i just want to know why my blades are different then others. thats it and thats all.
Originally Posted by Zeus
Geeze, what a freakin frenzy! I for one can say without a doubt David does not sell crap. I've had enough customers come through with his products, that if I were starting over, I might run exclusively Buschur stages (except the loud ***-ed exhaust, but David and I have talked about that ).

Designs change people... anyone who knows anything about this business knows it is a constant evolution (no pun) to provide the end user with the best product possible. If not, the Jones would put you out of business. Others jumped overboard real quick. Using Jeet Kune Do as a reference, "...there are only so many ways to manipulate a joint... in the end, your style will call bending the wrist this way one thing, and my style will call it another..." Who cares how many blades your turbo has... what I want to know is how well it bends the wrist!
Old Feb 8, 2006, 07:48 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

BTW, I'm very, very happy with my current turbo... not only does it provide more power under the curve, but does so without so much as a hiccup. However, I've been following all of the 20G-9 threads, and if I see people start to get the combinations of parts right, and getting them tuned out properly to "make the numbers", I may switch to Buschur's 20G-9 myself. Like I said, someone is always working on something better. If you are one of the first to get the latest and greatest, enjoy that time, because in this market... that time may be short!

Last edited by Zeus; Feb 8, 2006 at 07:50 AM.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 08:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Edited....

Last edited by Jrod@Buschur; Feb 8, 2006 at 08:04 AM.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Zeus
Like I said, someone is always working on something better. If you are one of the first to get the latest and greatest, enjoy that time, because in this market... that time may be short!
that is so right, thats what makes it so hard for me to fully commit to a turbo upgrade yet, it seems just when they come out with a better bolt on turbo, they come out at the same time with better equipment to make near the same power with stock turbo!
Old Feb 8, 2006, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Alright, this is a very long story but most importantly the story is the truth and NOBODY has been ripped off or misled. Get a glass of something to drink, this is a long one

First things first. Months ago when I was still trying to get a 20G wheel built FP beat me to the punch and decided to team up with SPI and sell a WR exclusively through them. All of you will remember this and all the fighting and such that went on. I remember and someone can find the quote if you are motivated saying that Robert at FP builds some kick butt turbos and if he built it I am sure the WR would work. I even said I would like to sell the turbos back then but the deal was already made with SPI and I was not able to do that.

Fast forward a month or two. We finally get our 20G wheels and start building turbos. The EVO8 turbo is used and there is surging problems but they do make damn good power.

Pictures of the EVO9 turbo are released by Mitsubishi, I see them and know this is going to be the solution to the surging. No turbos available............finally Mitsubishi gets ONE in country and it is in California. I buy it for some outrageous price (about $1800) and have it overnighted here then to Texas Rebuild. They install the 20G wheel. I test it, the turbo is so smooth, no surging and the car makes great power on race gas when I tested it. I released this information and the phones go nuts. We get quite a few orders for this turbo.

Weeks go by and there are no EVO9 turbos. Finally I get in contact with Robert at FP and ask if he has some. He doesn't want to sell to me at first as he wants to have them on hand. Finally we reach an agreement and I buy 8-10 (don't remember exactly how many I got) EVO9 turbos from him and have him drop ship them to Texas Rebuild. They build them into 20g-9's. I fill the first 8-10 orders with these turbos. Texas tells me it is going to be another 6-8 weeks for his turbos to come in and Robert is now out of turbos.

Robert contacts me and says he was smart enough to pre-order these EVO9 turbos a long time ago and will have more coming in. Unlucky for me Texas didn't do the same thing. He then asks me if I would test a SPECIAL version of the white rabbit if he sent one, it was a very very long conversation. I am very loyal guy. I do not like to switch suppliers and will buy at higher prices at times to stick with someone I have grown to trust, Texas Rebuild is such a company. Robert and I hadn't done much business together and with the entire WR deal and SPI and me not being able to buy them and him feeling at times that I was attacking him we were both very cautious. The actual agreement was this, "Send me a turbo, I will test it and if it works I will report to you that it does and then I will post the results of it. If it doesn't work I will keep my mouth shut completely and simply return it to you." I got the turbo and put it on my car. This testing took me 2-3 days of back to back to back swapping of the two turbos to determine the differences and such. In the end the bottom line was the turbos were the same. At first the was a difference in spool up that I couldn't pin point and that was the reason for swapping back and forth. The AFR mixtures stayed exactly the same telling me the flow was the same. The spool up was in the actuator for those of you wondering.

I called Robert and it was a huge burden for me to decide what to do from there. Robert and I both talked for hours over the next few days and spent even more time back and forth on AIM.

Robert had EVO9 turbos. Texas did not and still doesn't. We debated on changing the name of the turbo to something else as the WR got such a bad mouthing the first time around. Then after much discussion it came down to the fact that the turbo performed exactly as our 20g-9 did. Making up another name in our minds was useless. It would cause nothing but more confusion and mess. One thing the EVO world did not need was yet another turbo to confuse things.

I have to say again so you all understand. This modified WR turbo was built special for us to test. I had only seen or tested on other WR, this was Ivan's and his car did well on the dyno too. The main point is the dyno results were identical from these two different compressor wheels.

Now what I, Robert and Texas decided to do was just keep calling both turbos a 20g as the results, spool up and such were the same. There was no need to change and just confuse the EVO world further.

Also, Robert at FP will NOT build this same turbo for anyone else. What has been done to the turbo to make it work like our 20g is exclusive to our shop and can only be bought through us.

Had the turbo outperformed our 20g wheel in any aspect it would have been very easy for us to call it something else like the "Green Tornado" and tried to pass it off and sell it for yet another product that would have created a large amount of interest. This would have easily created new sales from more guys that wanted something new. This isn't how I operate.

As it stands today Texas still has no EVO9 turbos to build so the turbos that we are using now are the ones built for us from FP.

We, myself, Robert and Texas, knew there was going to be a time when this came up and it has made me uncomfortable from the beginning. I wanted to make sure when it did everyone got the entire story which is what I just gave. I do not feel this was dishonest and hope nobody else looks at it this way. As I said already, if the performance was different we would have changed the names or something. Maybe the way the WR was originally built there would have been a difference but with one we are running/selling there is none. You can be confident that no matter which one you have you will be getting the same spool up and performance from it.

With that, we like the turbos so much that 3 of us have these turbos on our own cars here. Myself, my brother and Trent. I would have to physically pull the inlet off of each car to figure out who had which one as I don't know, it doesn't matter as they are the same.

Here at the shop we have been referring to the turbo from FP as the 20g-9-5. The 5 being for the 5 blade design.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Feb 8, 2006, 08:14 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Once again, you can't beat the brutal honesty of David Buschur... I can't help but respect the guy!

Granted, I'm not as surprised as when he tested the Ebay O2 housings and REPORTED to all of us that they performed better... but pulled back to reality when it comes to who do you trust.

Last edited by Zeus; Feb 8, 2006 at 08:17 AM.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

The cat's out of the bag. "It just so happens that my cat has six whiskers and yours has five. Doesnt affect eithers cat performance because both of them can still land on there feet when dropped upside down." Good show Dave.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

thanks for clearing that up.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

well i feel great that i have a one of a kind turbo developed by buschur and FP. i cant wait to put my new 20g-9-5 in. so excited. thank u David for your support and honesty.
Originally Posted by NoTec
The cat's out of the bag. "It just so happens that my cat has six whiskers and yours has five. Doesnt affect eithers cat performance because both of them can still land on there feet when dropped upside down." Good show Dave.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

so the wheel in the 20g-9 isn't really a 20g wheel after all? Is it the original 16g WR wheel?

Quick Reply: 20G-9 from buschur.