Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

4G63 engine help

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2006, 12:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4G63 engine help

Just did a swap for my bro GSX, GOt himself a JDM 4G63 version. We came into a problem with one of the wiring harness connector thing. Between the two cams, the one on the right there's seem to be a wiring harness bolted on to the cam area. We're not sure what it is. This new engine did not come with that type of set up. I was wondering if we could let it sit aside for now. Any help would be appriciated. Just trying to get the little beast back to life.

here's a drawing of it. It's gray, and have 3 wires, red, black and blue.

Old Feb 7, 2006, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

that is the harnes for the crank angle sensor if I remember right, you will have to get a 1G cam angle sensor and splice your crank angle sensor into it, there is a how to with diagrams at DSMtuners.com
Old Feb 7, 2006, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

Can't seem to find it anywhere on the how to do page.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 04:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evolucion
Just did a swap for my bro GSX, GOt himself a JDM 4G63 version. We came into a problem with one of the wiring harness connector thing. Between the two cams, the one on the right there's seem to be a wiring harness bolted on to the cam area. We're not sure what it is. This new engine did not come with that type of set up. I was wondering if we could let it sit aside for now. Any help would be appriciated. Just trying to get the little beast back to life.

here's a drawing of it. It's gray, and have 3 wires, red, black and blue.

whos the artist ... i have the answers to your problems .. PM me ..

Mark
Turbotrix
Old Feb 7, 2006, 11:31 PM
Evolving Member

^ yea I was in a hurry to get an answer to my question. Didn't have any Digi cam around so I had to draw it on the photo shop. I know it look like ****, hahaha. PM send. Ok this is what we did to the swap so far. We swapped out the intake manifold that came with the JDM engine out with the stock DSM engine, water pump and a few other things I don't remember. got the engine in the car, hooked up everything in place. All of the wires are in place sofar. Just this one thing. Appearantly the JDM engine doesn't have the Cam angle senor/crank angle sensor. So with the DSM wiring harness that we are using have this cam angle sensor adapter piece that needed to be connect to the cam sensor piece. So we're clueless as to what to do with that piece when the JDM engine doesn't have one. Get what I'm saying?
Old Feb 8, 2006, 07:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Its called a 6 bolt swap go to magnus motorsports and do some searching and youll find the diagrams