Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Anyone with specific details on APS BOV settings??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2006 | 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone with specific details on APS BOV settings??

Before you slam me for not doing a search, I have for a while now. There's a couple of great threads, but I would like to know specifically, in detail, what the set screw does? Which way clockwise/counterclockwise does what? I have not touched it and I know that is what most people do but I would like to know so mine can be fine tuned if I ever wanted to.
BTW my order came with no paperwork or manuel, installation is a no brainer but did anyone else not recieve a manuel? APS homepage really says nothing about the setting capabilities, just like all my searches, NO SPECIFIC DETAILS!!! Thanks
Old Feb 13, 2006 | 11:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BUCKNAKED
Before you slam me for not doing a search, I have for a while now. There's a couple of great threads, but I would like to know specifically, in detail, what the set screw does? Which way clockwise/counterclockwise does what? I have not touched it and I know that is what most people do but I would like to know so mine can be fine tuned if I ever wanted to.
BTW my order came with no paperwork or manuel, installation is a no brainer but did anyone else not recieve a manuel? APS homepage really says nothing about the setting capabilities, just like all my searches, NO SPECIFIC DETAILS!!! Thanks
.... haha.

it's like a normal screw/bolt.

righty tighty, lefty loosey.

the harder you tighten it, the stiffer the spring, the looser, the softer.
Old Feb 14, 2006 | 03:43 AM
Evolving Member

So what setting is it at stock then? Which setting vta more?
Old Feb 14, 2006 | 04:03 AM
Evolved Member

we can't be talking about the same bov. Because if so, 2 seconds of looking at the unit would tell you everything you need to know.

if it's this one you have, then simply take a look at the pictures. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=172056

Theres no way to "vta more". it's 100 recirc, 50/50, or 100 vta (if you don't hook it into the piping, and plug the stock inlet. to change it, you unscrew the plug.

if you don't have an 05, and you're trying to vta, you'll have issues.
Old Feb 14, 2006 | 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

The looser you set the screw the less tension on the spring, and in turn will vent sooner. The tighter the screw it will hold more boost and in turn take more to blow off. It only vents to the atmosphere once you run enough boost to open up the second port on the chamber.
Old Feb 14, 2006 | 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

The APS BOV shouldn't even be considered 50/50. For your every day driving it will recirculate 100%, the second port will be in use only under hard driving conditions, and even then it will vent to atmosphere less than 50%.

I didn't receive any manual either, just the BOV, but there is no need to play with the screw.

Enjoy your new BOV, I can't even say how better my car feels compared to the stock plastic DV. BTW, where did you buy it? It's in backorder on every single place that I asked.
Old Feb 14, 2006 | 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

hrm, i gotta check all my connections tonight, but i was fairly sure the ports were at the same level (the re-circ and vta), i'll look again though.
Old Feb 14, 2006 | 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

yeah, i think warm pepsi is lost. anyhow, without touching it, and you install it, it vents at about 15 to 18psi of boost. i loosened mine a bit so it vta's at about 13 to 15. works just fine. i posted pics on the other thread as to how far my screw is out...
Old Feb 14, 2006 | 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys thats the type of info i'm looking for!!! (except warmpepsi, ??? way off base) So far its by far the best BOV I have used so far, but i'v only used three other types.
Old Feb 14, 2006 | 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

way off?

i must be imagining things, i just went and pulled mine, if i need to take a picture, i will but the ports are the same height on each side, and the tighter you turn it, the stiffer the spring is, the looser, the less stiff.
Old Feb 14, 2006 | 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
way off?

i must be imagining things, i just went and pulled mine, if i need to take a picture, i will but the ports are the same height on each side, and the tighter you turn it, the stiffer the spring is, the looser, the less stiff.
He's talking about the APS BOV. http://www.evomoto.com/product_info....roducts_id=266
Old Feb 14, 2006 | 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by twinscrewed
gotcha, thats why i questioned what one were were talkin about, at the beginning of the thread, and it was never answered.

this unit goes under the same lettering of APS, https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=172056
Old Feb 14, 2006 | 07:12 PM

I got the APS and i just left it how it came. It's been working fine. It was pretty much hand tight.
Old Feb 14, 2006 | 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

I have about three threads showing above the nut.
Old Feb 14, 2006 | 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry warmpepsi, but the others have the links to the one i'm talking about. I've never seen the one you have. Im guessing its from the same company, is your's the older verson or different vender?