Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing teams up with Warrtalon....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2006, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by keevo54
Which do you recommend your Buschur Racing Stage 1 or the Speed Factor Stage 1?
I recommend both, but TSF is not a vendor here and can't be advertised. They also are focused more on the local DC market and don't have a package for the IX. With Buschur, we have a TBE that is guaranteed to fit even the IX, so that allows us to make that package. Plus, both BR packages include free shipping, so that's another bonus.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what an interesting collaboration...
Old Feb 17, 2006, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by keevo54
Which do you recommend your Buschur Racing Stage 1 or the Speed Factor Stage 1?
For now the Speed Factor stages are primarily for local DC members, they're generally coupled with installation at the Speed Factor in Northern VA...

edit: WT posted while I was typing

Last edited by SterlingEvo; Feb 17, 2006 at 07:50 AM.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HiRevnVIII
Read my post above.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

so DB when are you stroking clays motor? :>
Old Feb 17, 2006, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kee1pride
so DB when are you stroking clays motor? :>
Heh.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congratulations Warrtalon
Old Feb 17, 2006, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by midwestmonster
This is funny. Warrtalon gives advice and acts like an a** half the time towards other people like he's some guru or something. There are a tone of people going faster than him too. Not even in the 11's and he gets his own package. Wow!
Warrtalon took the initiative, spent the time, and turned the numbers with limited mods. Why shouldn't he be able to offer the same opportunity to the EVO community? If there would have been a package with mods similar to the ones that I have at a discounted price, you better believe that I would have bought it rather than buy everything separately.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
That is our new muffler. That muffler pictured will come standard on all of our exhausts for the EVO now.

We will still offer the Magnaflow option and our louder Buschur Muffler. Sound clips of the loud BR muffler and our new bullet muffler are here on EVOM.

This new muffler is pretty incredible. Much quieter than our old muffler, same weight. The one down side to the Magnaflow is the fact that Magnaflow advertises that muffler as 304 SS. The problem is the entire muffler is not 304 grade SS, some of it is actually 409 grade which will eventually rust. This is the biggest reason we want to get away from it, the weight was also a problem with us.

We will be posting pictures of the new system elsewhere on here today. We have upgraded all of our hangers on the entire system to 3/8" thick round 304 grade SS bar stock.

This latest change in the muffler and hanger design should be the final change we ever make. I honestly can't think of any other way to further improve the design. We keep adding cost to manufacturing them but have not raised the prices. I'd like to keep it that way.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
That muffler is actually very nice looking, You must have did something different on the back end because a member posted the same muffler and it looked like between the muffler and the tip 2 joined pieces of carbon steel. She said she was happy with it, but it did not look as good as that one

Last edited by mchuang; Feb 17, 2006 at 07:42 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mchuang
That muffler is actually very nice looking, You must have did something different on the back end because a member posted the same muffler and it looked like between the muffler and the tip 2 joined pieces of carbon steel. She said she was happy with it, but it did not look as good as that one
Yeah, I look forward to having the BR TBE with this new muffler. It looks nice, and I will welcome any additional weight savings. Funny thing is I can't wait to have a 4" tip instead of my current 5".
Old Feb 18, 2006, 04:25 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by mchuang
The picture that you inserted is not the new style muffler. That's the original lightweight race muffler.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

First of all; props to Warr for answering my pm's and in other threads; thanks.

I know this is a 'bang for the buck' package and all, but it is mainly aimed at a peak hp number for drag racers?
I drive my car daily and wanted 'area under the curve' too like my torque heavy STi had. I know if you're not careful, the Evo can become a turbo lag PITA. I think stock it's very laggy, but that's because my last couple cars were modded, and that's what my butt dyno remembers! lol.
After all that, I guess I'm asking for dyno charts for the generic IX package if anyone has them.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

Here is a dyno chart from my IX. Buschur Stage 1. This is with a hi-flo cat. The only difference between mine and Warrs is I have the Buschur intake filter, his is stock airbox.

Girlie
Old Feb 18, 2006, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
The picture that you inserted is not the new style muffler. That's the original lightweight race muffler.
Ok well anyways the new model looks 100 times better.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Yeah, I look forward to having the BR TBE with this new muffler. It looks nice, and I will welcome any additional weight savings. Funny thing is I can't wait to have a 4" tip instead of my current 5".
Hi Warrtalon,

So I noticed the boost gauge in the special package. Did you finally get one?

Remember you giving me a hard time when I posted about my boost gauge install?
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...1&page=1&pp=15
LOL

Keep up the good work. Your times are pretty awesome for the mods you have!

Brent

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing teams up with Warrtalon....