Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing teams up with Warrtalon....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2006, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by boomn29
Could someone explain why a dynoflash still needs an upgraded fuel pump and MBC; while no other tuner recommends that?
I've heard others (maybe Shiv even) claim the stock fuel pump is good to over 400hp.

Either it's overkill to be safe, or a dynoflash is pumping through a lot more fuel to cover knock?
Your don't know what your talkin bout, Shiv recommends gettin a new fuel pump at the V360 stage and I've also heard him recommend a fuel pump before that stage.

WarrTalon, good work, keep it up. This is a great package for a great price.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I ordered my evo IX stage one, two days ago and they don't have any Forge MBCs right now, they are back ordered. So you have to choose between a Buschur and Turbosmart MBC. Either way its still a great package, can't wait to get it on.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 06MREvo
I ordered my evo IX stage one, two days ago and they don't have any Forge MBCs right now, they are back ordered. So you have to choose between a Buschur and Turbosmart MBC. Either way its still a great package, can't wait to get it on.
Yeah, btw, the Turbosmart Tee also has the ratcheting knob, so it is a good alternative. I just hope that good ole Mike@Forge can get us some more MBCs and BOVs for all the packages that are selling!
Old Feb 24, 2006, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
Your don't know what your talkin bout, Shiv recommends gettin a new fuel pump at the V360 stage and I've also heard him recommend a fuel pump before that stage.

WarrTalon, good work, keep it up. This is a great package for a great price.
I wasn't quoting Shiv, I said maybe. I did look up the Vishnu stages, and the v360 does have a fuel pump upgrade listed. But, their base packages (ala tuning and exhaust only) do NOT have a fuel pump listed.

I'm just referring to all the 'bathtub dyno' threads I've read about that are old. I'm not trying to dig up info, just been researching philosophies. Seems the Dynoflash route goes for an MBC and Fuel Pump immediately, and just wanna know why.

Last edited by boomn29; Feb 24, 2006 at 08:44 AM.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boomn29
I wasn't quoting Shiv, I said maybe. I did look up the Vishnu stages, and the v360 does have a fuel pump upgrade listed. But, their base packages (ala tuning and exhaust only) do NOT have a fuel pump listed.

I'm just referring to all the 'bathtub dyno' threads I've read about that are old. I'm not trying to dig up info, just been researching philosophies. Seems the Dynoflash route goes for an MBC and Fuel Pump immediately, and just wanna know why.
This is my route, not the Dynoflash route. You can get one or not - it's up to the customer. It just makes more sense to get this $85 safety item when adding mods that increase the boost over 21psi. I don't know why it's such a point of contention. You have to get one eventually anyway, so why risk not getting one?

Also, I don't know where the "mbc and fuel pump immediately" thing came from either. I recommend the fuel pump with all of the stage 1 mods that put 05s at 300whp/300wtq. I don't recommend it with just an mbc...or when just getting a tune. I recommend it when you get a full tbe, mbc, bov, and tune. It makes it a complete package with nothing missing.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am probably going to be ordering the Warrtalon stage 1 for my IX soon and wanted to ask a couple quick questions.

I'm having trouble deciding on the Magnaflow and Bullet exhaust, I had a apexi n1 on my eclipse gsx (tbe, no cat) and it was a little louder than I liked, I ended up using the silencer on it for driving around. It would drone a little on the highway and I want to try and get something that won't be as bad. I am going to be getting a high flow cat so I was thinking the Bullet muffler would probably be quiet enough not to get annoying. Is the bullet muffler crazy loud or am I going to be happy getting it over the magnaflow? Kind of a hard question to answer

Second question, Will I be able to get the V band exhaust option with this package?

Thanks!

Last edited by Ronin17; Jun 26, 2006 at 10:46 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 01:36 AM
Evolved Member

The V band costs a lot more, so it is not included in the package with this price, sorry. I wish I could answer your other question, but there's no way to know what yout threshold for noise is. That's totally up to you. The droning really shouldn't be an issue...I mean, it's a high performance car making lots of power with a free-flowing exhaust. If you get bothered by a little drone on the highway, then you may want the quietest option. I have the full 3" catless TBE, and I just listen to my radio on the highway. Whatever noise or drone there is certainly doesn't bother me enough to give up all that extra power, so it just comes down to personal preference.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 05:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
The V band costs a lot more, so it is not included in the package with this price, sorry. I wish I could answer your other question, but there's no way to know what yout threshold for noise is. That's totally up to you. The droning really shouldn't be an issue...I mean, it's a high performance car making lots of power with a free-flowing exhaust. If you get bothered by a little drone on the highway, then you may want the quietest option. I have the full 3" catless TBE, and I just listen to my radio on the highway. Whatever noise or drone there is certainly doesn't bother me enough to give up all that extra power, so it just comes down to personal preference.
I thought Bushur claimed that the Magnaflow was not any less powerful then the bullet, just 3 lbs heavier or so.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Warrtalon

I don't mind spending a little more money on the V band option. I understand what your saying about the exhaust, I've watched the bullet exhaust video from Buschur more and I think with a cat on there it might just be what I am looking for. The main thing I wanted to stay away from is an exhaust that is loud during cruising rpms, I don't mind if it is loud when I am at WOT. But like you said it is hard to express a threshold for being too loud over the internet, to me an Apexi N1 TBE on a 4G63 with an FP3065 was too loud at cruising speeds, I would have to turn the music way up and could hardly have a conversation with someone on the phone.

Thanks for answering my questions, I think I will be giving Buschur a call after the 4th of July.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ronin17
I don't mind spending a little more money on the V band option. I understand what your saying about the exhaust, I've watched the bullet exhaust video from Buschur more and I think with a cat on there it might just be what I am looking for. The main thing I wanted to stay away from is an exhaust that is loud during cruising rpms, I don't mind if it is loud when I am at WOT. But like you said it is hard to express a threshold for being too loud over the internet, to me an Apexi N1 TBE on a 4G63 with an FP3065 was too loud at cruising speeds, I would have to turn the music way up and could hardly have a conversation with someone on the phone.

Thanks for answering my questions, I think I will be giving Buschur a call after the 4th of July.
Dude I think youre going to be really unhappy with any exhaust if you thought the Apexi N1 was loud. I had one on my 1990 AWD Talon and my friend now has one on his 93 AWD AND my brother's roomate's girlfriend has one on her 95 GSX. The exhaust is probably the quietest Ive ever heard. When I drive my friend's car I can hardly hear it and you think its loud

My exhaust is extremely loud but at cruising its not bad at all. No droning what so ever.

http://media.putfile.com/Helix-TBE-EVO

Last edited by Soon2BEVO; Jun 27, 2006 at 07:18 AM.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Magnaflow is less power and heavier than our Bullet, it is also not made completely of 304 grade SS, which I am disapointed in. It is still the quietest but also the heaviest and least power producing of our mufflers.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
Dude I think youre going to be really unhappy with any exhaust if you thought the Apexi N1 was loud. I had one on my 1990 AWD Talon and my friend now has one on his 93 AWD AND my brother's roomate's girlfriend has one on her 95 GSX. The exhaust is probably the quietest Ive ever heard. When I drive my friend's car I can hardly hear it and you think its loud

My exhaust is extremely loud but at cruising its not bad at all. No droning what so ever.

http://media.putfile.com/Helix-TBE-EVO
I would hardly call it quiet, just from sound clips the Bullet exhaust doesn't sound as loud as my GSX was. Plus this time I am going with a high flow cat and not the test pipe.

Again I am not worried about the sound the exhaust makes at WOT, but I'd like something that is reasonable at cruising rpm. From some comments I've found about the Bullet exhaust from David Buschur it sounds like the exhaust is pretty reasonable even in his RS with no sound deadening material.

I think I will just get the bullet exhaust and just deal with the noise it makes, if it does end up being too loud for my tastes I always have the option of getting the magnaflow rear to put on.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

I would hardly call it quiet, just from sound clips the Bullet exhaust doesn't sound as loud as my GSX was. Plus this time I am going with a high flow cat and not the test pipe.

Again I am not worried about the sound the exhaust makes at WOT, but I'd like something that is reasonable at cruising rpm. From some comments I've found about the Bullet exhaust from David Buschur it sounds like the exhaust is pretty reasonable even in his RS with no sound deadening material.

I think I will just get the bullet exhaust and just deal with the noise it makes, if it does end up being too loud for my tastes I always have the option of getting the magnaflow rear to put on.
I would definitely call it quiet for an aftermarket exhaust system. Did you just have the N1 muffler? The N1 systems themselves have 2 resonators which really keeps them quiet. I can probably record my friend's car, its far from loud.

I cant comment on the Bullet muffler, Ive yet to hear it!
Old Jun 27, 2006, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
I would definitely call it quiet for an aftermarket exhaust system. Did you just have the N1 muffler? The N1 systems themselves have 2 resonators which really keeps them quiet. I can probably record my friend's car, its far from loud.

I cant comment on the Bullet muffler, Ive yet to hear it!

I had an Apexi N1 full system, so DP with no cat and catback. And yes I would call it loud since I could hardly listen to music or talk on the phone when I was on the highway. No need for a sound clip, I have heard it with my own ears!

Let's try and not get this thread , if you still think I am wrong about how loud it is PM me or something.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

I had an Apexi N1 full system, so DP with no cat and catback. And yes I would call it loud since I could hardly listen to music or talk on the phone when I was on the highway. No need for a sound clip, I have heard it with my own ears!

Let's try and not get this thread , if you still think I am wrong about how loud it is PM me or something.
You baffle me

Well, I guess PM me when you get your Bullet and let me know how loud you think that is. Maybe you had a freak N1? I dunno. Ive heard plenty and even had it. Lemme know!

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing teams up with Warrtalon....