Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Weird Boost Spike

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2006, 03:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You guys rock!!!!! I am trying to contact Mike@FORGE and see if he'll give me the step by steps or better yet, send me one that is perfect ......

As for EBC, I am very interested. If I had the BR exhaust, do you think I could hold 21 psi to redline? Or is the turbo only capable of pushing ~18 psi at redline (if so, no need to go EBC route just yet). Thanks again....
Old Feb 27, 2006, 05:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cij911
YIf I had the BR exhaust, do you think I could hold 21 psi to redline? Or is the turbo only capable of pushing ~18 psi at redline (if so, no need to go EBC route just yet). Thanks again....
I would have to defer to the experts on this, but it just seems a little high for the stocker at redline. I suppose the only way to know for sure without the compressor map is to gradually bump it up and watch the hp on a dyno ... when you raise a pound of boost, you should get somewhere around 10hp gain. If you turn up the boost and barely see any gain, or a loss ... you know you're at the limit

Sincy we're going down this path of potentially trying out an EBC ... which one is considered the best? HKS EVC, APEX'i AVCR, Blitz SBC-iD, or???

Before I go this route though, I'm going to get the Hallman or a clean Forge unit back in and also tighten my wastegate actuator. That should happen this week if I can find time ...
Old Feb 27, 2006, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Chris, MIke@Forge is on a cruise for 10-11 day starting today, so he won't be in touch. If you want the instructions, just search for the thread that Al started when he explained all of this. It has the instructions on what to do...
Old Feb 27, 2006, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Chris, MIke@Forge is on a cruise for 10-11 day starting today, so he won't be in touch. If you want the instructions, just search for the thread that Al started when he explained all of this. It has the instructions on what to do...
Martin over at TheSpeedFactor is also very familiar with the cleaning process ... as I believe he cleaned mine thoroughly until it worked and then relayed the procedure to Mike@Forge.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

I have full BR exhaust and only get 19psi at redline. So holding 21 is doubtful. Honestly, I have yet to see a IX hold 21psi to redline. (assuming pump gas psi)

Girlie