Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

went to the track todaywith my 05 (time slip inside)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2006, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 03redtype-s
Which LICP fits the best i was going to go injen but nobody sells just the lower let me knwo thanks alot

Matt
I recommend the Buschur, AMS, and Nisei LICPs.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AUSS1E
So i see how much it would cost for my car to be as good as yours. But how much would it cost me to become a living legend like you????

Haha. Honestly Warr your berating of people is getting about as old as the "which bov and intake should I get" threads. I'm not sure which I despise more. It was cute the first 100 times....but not anymore. You know you are going to find this kind of stuff in this section, so why come here looking for it?
Old Feb 26, 2006, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by A418t81
Haha. Honestly Warr your berating of people is getting about as old as the "which bov and intake should I get" threads. I'm not sure which I despise more. It was cute the first 100 times....but not anymore. You know you are going to find this kind of stuff in this section, so why come here looking for it?
To keep it from continually happening. It has saved many people from making the same mistake, you can believe that. I can't save them all from themselves, but there are many who have chosen to ask me first before making such mistakes. They are thankful for it and are better off, whether you think it's annoying or not.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
To keep it from continually happening. It has saved many people from making the same mistake, you can believe that. I can't save them all from themselves, but there are many who have chosen to ask me first before making such mistakes. They are thankful for it and are better off, whether you think it's annoying or not.
I know I am better off once I realized warr is the real deal.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 03redtype-s
Hey guys well i went to the track today. First time there with the evo. And i must say wow launching an awd car take alot of practice!!! Here is my best slip of the day. My other times were a little higher but on a couple runs i missed 4th gear and my last run clutch was hot so it just spun.

.7077----Reaction
1.9878-----60FT
5.6166-----330ft
8.6415-----1/8et
78.25-----1/8MPH
11.3508-----1000ET
92.76-----1000mph
13.59-----1/4ET
101.17-----1/4MPH

My mods are injen intake uicp and turboxs Catback with testpipe and greddy BOV

Cant wait for the season to start here, I have never ran at a drag strip before will be interesting what times i come up with for a total newb at the strip. And get that baby flashed!
Old Feb 26, 2006, 09:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LimPShoT
Cant wait for the season to start here, I have never ran at a drag strip before will be interesting what times i come up with for a total newb at the strip. And get that baby flashed!
i will be by your side limp!
Old Feb 26, 2006, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

hey buschur isn't recommending his intake for the warr/bus stage 1? i thought he was a big fan of the cone type intake...
Old Feb 26, 2006, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kevin
hey buschur isn't recommending his intake for the warr/bus stage 1? i thought he was a big fan of the cone type intake...
I designed the package according to how I think the Evo should be setup. He is the one selling them.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 01:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
I know I am better off once I realized warr is the real deal.

Lol. Real deal? Anyone with half a brain cell can put together their own mod list with a small amount of research to obtain the same amount of power gains as one of his so called packages (and do it for cheaper). The only people who are benefitting from his advice are complete newbs who know nothing about automobiles in general, and he is flaming them in every thread they post because they aren't buying his product.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 01:44 AM
Evolved Member

Fastrob691 is the first person to actually THOUGHT logically in this thread.

A few of you just jumped the gun and started talking smack without all the info....how dissapointing.

13.59 is not bad for his first day. And to the guy who said stock 03/04 ran faster than that, I say show me proof. My stock 03 ran 13.67 with a 1.68 60ft time which was pretty damn good considering this is my first non-fwd car.

Here's a new novel idea....instead of bashing him for his mods, how bout some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. I mean come on, it's too little too late to say that he spent his money on the wrong parts.

To the new guy, good job. And don't listen to what everyone else THINKS you should do, even if they seem to have a cult following with what "works for Warralton". Do you're own research, make your own conclusions and buy whatever the hell you want. Not everyone is a drag racer.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 05:49 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by TTP-Engineering
He is a good driver, but definately not the quickest or fastest around.
Originally Posted by AUSS1E
Ahh...That is where you are wrong....apparently he is
You are wrong again. Do some research before posting incorrect info.

Last edited by TTP Engineering; Feb 27, 2006 at 05:52 AM.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Cirrusly Evolvd

A few of you just jumped the gun and started talking smack without all the info....how dissapointing.

13.59 is not bad for his first day. And to the guy who said stock 03/04 ran faster than that, I say show me proof. My stock 03 ran 13.67 with a 1.68 60ft time which was pretty damn good considering this is my first non-fwd car.

Here's a new novel idea....instead of bashing him for his mods, how bout some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. I mean come on, it's too little too late to say that he spent his money on the wrong parts.

To the new guy, good job. And don't listen to what everyone else THINKS you should do, even if they seem to have a cult following with what "works for Warralton". Do you're own research, make your own conclusions and buy whatever the hell you want. Not everyone is a drag racer.
None of this made any sense. We told him his mistake, and we gave him plenty of constructive criticism. He has his next mods laid out perfectly and will have a beast when it's all done. I guess you just glazed over all of that. If you want proof of Evos running faster than 101mph, then just go to the Drag Racing forum and search. If you want proof of Evos running QUICKER than 13.59, then go go the Drag Racing forum and search. Both were done many times - it's no secret.

Your last bit of advice is the worst. You tell him to do his own research, make his own conclusions, then buy whatever the hell he wants. Well, that's what he did the first time, and failed miserably. Now, you're telling him to do the same thing over again instead of going with what actually is proven to work well? That is quite naive to say the least. He has done the right thing by listening to our advice (no, not just mine, but OUR) so that he now will have a properly set-up car.

Not everyone is a drag racer? What does that have to do with purchasing and installing the proper mods? Do non-drag racers not mind making their car slower when spending money on mods? I hope not...
Old Feb 27, 2006, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Cirrusly Evolvd

Amen.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Don't forget to save money for your new clutch. The twin disc exedy I really like, but be prepared to drop around 2000 for that clutch and install.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Same goes for parts, if you do not CHOOSE to select only parts from his "sponsoring list" you will also get flamed
well i do take alot of advice from warrtalon but i could not agree more some ppl on this site wont let ppl make choices on their own whocares if it not a good choice its not ur car so what the problem...some like pushing one company like buschur for example. Why spend money on a jdm brand product when u can get something that is cheaper and has yet to prove that it is better than a similar product or ppl tell u to get this package or that package i say get whatever u want ...whatever makes u happy whocares if it was the wrong path if ur happy go with.

Last edited by AtO-MiX; Feb 27, 2006 at 07:50 AM.

Quick Reply: went to the track todaywith my 05 (time slip inside)