Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Call out to Buschur for a TD06 20G

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2006, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm interested in the FP3065 kit as well... I saw that this turbo helped propel a lot of old dsms to low 10s and even 9 sec 1/4 mile times....

could the same be for the EVO???

dave so how are ya going about resolving the fitment issues?
Old Mar 3, 2006, 09:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8

dave so how are ya going about resolving the fitment issues?
The "fitment" issue at hand was addressed in David's last post. It was about bending the water lines in order for them to be in the correct location.

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.

P.S.- I resent the post about me whoring pictures. I was just giving Nez something to think about.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 09:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
Im not very impressed with the 20G at 396awhp on pump. Sheet, Im at 378 and I made more power to 6000rpm. $3000 for less power below 6000 and 18whp above it? No thanks. If Im gonna upgrade, Im gonna UPGRADE!

You probably made your 378hp on methanol/pump gas with ALOT of boost. I can guarantee you that you did not make 378hp at 22psi on straight pump gas. This kit made 396hp on 22psi on STRAIGHT pump gas. Not a spike to 30psi then falling of to 22psi. Put methanol in the car with the 20g kit and turn the boost up to 28psi and I'm sure the numbers are going to be alot better than 378hp.

Keith
Old Mar 3, 2006, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
The "fitment" issue at hand was addressed in David's last post. It was about bending the water lines in order for them to be in the correct location.

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.

P.S.- I resent the post about me whoring pictures. I was just giving Nez something to think about.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TurbotrixRacing
You probably made your 378hp on methanol/pump gas with ALOT of boost. I can guarantee you that you did not make 378hp at 22psi on straight pump gas. This kit made 396hp on 22psi on STRAIGHT pump gas. Not a spike to 30psi then falling of to 22psi. Put methanol in the car with the 20g kit and turn the boost up to 28psi and I'm sure the numbers are going to be alot better than 378hp.

Keith
Actually, he did make that on straight pump...
Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
Well, you definitely have more mods other than the turbo kit, but the question is whether the gains from the additional mods you have would add on top of that 396. That's impossible to say without seeing an actual example. Wasn't that long ago that the WR put down 370 on pump on an almost stock car and everyone thought it would make 400+ on pump with additional mods, when that turned out not to be the case.
The only thing I have he doesnt is the FMIC upgrade. He has 272s, full exhaust with no cat, flash, etc. If I put on that turbo on, Id only have the FMIC on him.

I know we would need to say it in real life but nonetheless.

I dont see your point on the WR 370/400 whp case. Maybe you could explain it more. The way I saw the whole WR thing was that the 370 number it put down was a miracle run (most would agree) because no one could come remotely close to that number. That definitely clarifies. I have yet to see one WR non-cammed pump gas car put down 330whp. Yet that car made 370 magically? Im not rolling my eyes at you just that whole fact! Explain what you meant more on the WR issue.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Keith
Yeah I did make it on straight 93, 23psi. For the record, the number was uncorrected. Humidity was high (rainy day), temp was 55*. Im pretty much maxxed out on the stock turbo, my only options are alcohol or turbo upgrade. I want to do both next, thinking your 50 trim kit or BR20G, Id just like to see some hard numbers with both on alcohol. 450whp is what I want.

Last edited by Soon2BEVO; Mar 3, 2006 at 10:36 AM.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
When we are talking Dynojet numbers the 450 whp mark isn't that big a number. My old car with our TD05H 20G on it made 446 whp.

My RS with our TD05H 20G on it now makes 410 whp and 450 ft lbs, granted more modified than the car that was tested with the TD06 kit on it. I am going to an AWD Dynojet on Monday morning with atleast 2 of our cars. My RS and Trents to get some comparable high numbers for reference. We may take the black shop car over there too if the weather is nice, it made 761 on our dyno.

The FP3065's must have been what you guys are looking for. Thanks for the orders today, we sold 4 kits It will be a few weeks as the manifolds are being CNC'd and then get ceramic coated.

Also, the 3065 will work very well on the MIVEC. As a side note we are having EVO9 intake cams ground now, they are working on them from new blanks.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

My 3200lb 1G DSM trapped 127mph on our 20g with a stock head/intake/throttle body, etc. The car ran 11.2 with only a 1.69 sixty foot. This turbo flat out make more power than any other 20g out there. I am fully confident that a stock motor EVO will run well into the bottom 11's on this kit. This kit is designed for the guys that have a stock motor and don't want to build the motor or run a standalone. Granted it would make even more power with both but there are a lot of guys out there that don't want to go standalone/built motor. For people who plan to eventually build their motor or they just want to have endless turbo options our 50 trim kit is perfect. If you ever want to switch turbo's you can bolt any t3/t4 turbo to it that has a 4bolt exhaust housing. We will also soon
be offering our kit with the same turbo that was originally on our race car for those who feel the need for 650whp. For anyone that thinks a cast manifold makes the same power as a tubular, I picked up 3mph from switching to an equal length tubular manifold over a cast turbonetics manifold.

Good luck with the cam Dave. I have been driving around with my Turbotrix Intake cam for over a month and I am loving it.

Keith
Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SuperHatch
Actually, he did make that on straight pump...

No stock turbo will make that power @ 22psi .. To make the number you will have to run 28psi .. running that on pump is very dangerous

Mark
Turbotrix

Last edited by TurbotrixRacing; Mar 3, 2006 at 11:49 AM.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Then either Pruven's DJ reads high, or Tom's lying, but I know him, his brother is my roomate, I've seen the car, he has nothing to hide, I installed his coated parts for him.... the car was on straight pump.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, TurboTrix really trying to shine...............$3k for a 20g!? my $3K just went to a FP3065 kit from Buschur!!
Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

No stock turbo will make that power @ 22psi .. To make the number you will have to run 28psi .. running that on pump is very dangerous

Mark
Turbotrix
Thats really ironic you said that... I remember a guy who lives around here named Ron who said he made 378whp on pump gas 22psi with your tuning. He also said he ran 11s with a 117 trap on pump gas. Here is the information from your "Turbotrix/AEM Dyno Day" on his car.

And I QUOTE "Throughout the day numerous other Evos were thrown onto the dyno with the EMS. The most notable car of the weekend was a Buschur-packed Evo with HKS 272 cams. The car started the day with an erratic idle that made it nearly undriveable. After the EMS was installed and tuned, the car was idling like stock and made over 378whp with the stock turbo! Turbotrix Racing later re-tuned on 100 octane to achieve 400+whp"

Im sure you remember this, its Ron Nolans car.. Please, dig yourself out of this one. Hmm typo? Here is the rest of the information from the Turbotrix AEM Dyno Day on his car. Hmm mid 11s AFR doesnt look to dangerous to me. Ill be awaiting your response.

4. Lancer Evolution 8 - 378whp

Mods:
AEM EMS w/ 3.5 Bar Map Sensor, Hallman MBC ~22psi, AEM Intake, Buschur 3" Exhaust w/ Test Pipe, Buschur Intercooler Piping Kit (1G BOV), Walboro Fuel Pump, HKS 272 Camshafts, 660cc Injectors

Last edited by Soon2BEVO; Mar 3, 2006 at 01:51 PM.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Then either Pruven's DJ reads high, or Tom's lying, but I know him, his brother is my roomate, I've seen the car, he has nothing to hide, I installed his coated parts for him.... the car was on straight pump.
Thanks Steve. Yeah I definitely dont have anything to hide. My objective with the car was to make as much power on 93 as possible. Most people havent made my power but they havent had my combination of parts either. DC manifold coated, turbine housing ported out and coated, ebay high flow 02 coated etc. Plus I have all the bolt ons like FMIC and piping. Steve made 355whp with the stock FMIC and all piping with stock unported manifold too! I think 15-17whp with all those mods is possible and that would add up to 370+.

Also, about Pruven's dyno. When my car made 346whp I was hanging with cars I shouldnt have hung with. Many can attest to that.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
Thanks Steve. Yeah I definitely dont have anything to hide. My objective with the car was to make as much power on 93 as possible. Most people havent made my power but they havent had my combination of parts either. DC manifold coated, turbine housing ported out and coated, ebay high flow 02 coated etc. Plus I have all the bolt ons like FMIC and piping. Steve made 355whp with the stock FMIC and all piping with stock unported manifold too! I think 15-17whp with all those mods is possible and that would add up to 370+.

Also, about Pruven's dyno. When my car made 346whp I was hanging with cars I shouldnt have hung with. Many can attest to that.
When your car made 346 (Pruven) and mine made 355 (TT), I think I had you by a foot in a 3-4 roll on, sounds like the two dynos read the same to me...
Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

When your car made 346 (Pruven) and mine made 355 (TT), I think I had you by a foot in a 3-4 roll on, sounds like the two dynos read the same to me...
Word. That was actually a 2nd gear roll remember! That was a fun race.

Quick Reply: Call out to Buschur for a TD06 20G