Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Very long post of thoughts from David Buschur.......

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We need to send the illegal aliens back, they are the ones that really messing up the economy. Some people cant get jobs cuz they do the jobs for cheaper. Come on they taking kids jobs by mowing lawns, that is a kids first bussiness and they do it for cheaper. Come on they are the reason why are schools are full, and they are the reason insurence are sky rocketing cuz these aliens dont have insurence. I say instead of spending billions on building new schools, we could just get these aliens out and then we have 1 teacher to each kid.

Hey dont get me wrong, if you come here legally then its cool, cuz that means your paying taxes and contributing to the American economy.

Come on 10 million people live here illegally, that is just insane. I say we need to do something about that, then are economy will get back on its feet.

One thing that pisses me off is how do you let someone that cant speak english graduate, but can keep my friend back cuz he is missing a few credits. WTF is wrong with that picture.
I like how we have people at the fast food that cant speak a cent of english, but work there cuz they work for little money. IM PISSED.

Just venting.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by honda-guy
you guys talk about how china pollute the earth yet you don't look at the amount of pollution that we put out with the massive amount of vehicles that we have in the USA (not to mention all the huge v8 muscle cars and SUVs). we are the largest consumer of crude oil in the world, you don't think consumption of crude oil yields pollution. what about the nuclear waste we produce that will be around for thousands of years for our children to inherit. you guys bicth about how china pollute the earth yet you drive around with a test pipe instead of a high flow cat.
Exactly! people love to judge others but wont talk about themselves, it is human nature.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
I also personally BOYCOT CHINESE GOODS
Oh really? Want to open up your laptop or computer you used to type this very statement?

Blaming everything on Chinese is just pathetic.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by whiterexman
But I hear they are very sneaky people
Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Swift_OwL
We need to send the illegal aliens back, they are the ones that really messing up the economy. Some people cant get jobs cuz they do the jobs for cheaper. Come on they taking kids jobs by mowing lawns, that is a kids first bussiness and they do it for cheaper. Come on they are the reason why are schools are full, and they are the reason insurence are sky rocketing cuz these aliens dont have insurence. I say instead of spending billions on building new schools, we could just get these aliens out and then we have 1 teacher to each kid.

Hey dont get me wrong, if you come here legally then its cool, cuz that means your paying taxes and contributing to the American economy.

Come on 10 million people live here illegally, that is just insane. I say we need to do something about that, then are economy will get back on its feet.

One thing that pisses me off is how do you let someone that cant speak english graduate, but can keep my friend back cuz he is missing a few credits. WTF is wrong with that picture.
I like how we have people at the fast food that cant speak a cent of english, but work there cuz they work for little money. IM PISSED.

Just venting.
I agree. Illegal immigration is one of my biggest pet peeves.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
But I hear they are very sneaky people
You mean like me and you?...
Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:44 PM
Evolving Member

You mean like me and you?...
I guess people dont like eating rice.
Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:22 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Cloud
There is a good chance that the clothes you wear, the chips you use,
your computer, ect has parts that are manufactured from China.

Everything else, I actually agree with.

David, looks like you got your wish, cause this guy isn't making any sense.
Someone must have bit him in his neck... O_o
Everything I buy I look at the country of origin, my clothes, my lap top - everything

I avoid made in china at any cost and I try and steer as much of my business to Mad in USA as I can

These are all personal decisions and I don't blame those who choose to just buy the cheapest goods they can

Back in the day when I was a young lad I attended a summer camp in Canada where a good amount of the kids were Jewish and their families boycotted German goods and were angered when my father dropped me off in his 2002 Tii BMW

Everyone is entitled to his / her own opinions and while I am at it

Remember that the Chinese are HUGE intelectual property rip offs and steal many of the USA films, and other medias

The USA is not perfect and it could be better but our way of life and principles are superior to a communist dictatorship

I wonder how the Vishnu camp would feel if China duplicated the Exede units and sold them for $50 each ?
Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:26 AM
Account Disabled

Oh really? Want to open up your laptop or computer you used to type this very statement?

Panssonic Tough book - and I love japanese goods and approve of japanese society

I also admire the Chinese people but i feel that they also are victims of thier government

It is the Chinese govenment which is my main objection
Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
I wonder how the Vishnu camp would feel if China duplicated the Exede units and sold them for $50 each ?
I would wish them good luck with software and support. That is where the innovation and value is, not in the hardware.
Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:37 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
I would wish them good luck with software and support. That is where the innovation and value is, not in the hardware.

The sad reality is that after they rip off your softwear and piggy back box and mass produce them for $50 they then can set up a phone center for customer support and tech issues in some other third world country as most other companies do

I am just pointing out that here in the USA we have some frame work to protect intelectual property - e.g. the whole black berry situation for example and also to observe the rule of law

environmental laws are enforced

human rights are protected

fair labor and work place saftey is enforced

When you have a society that plays by the rule of law and observes norms of civilized behavior it is difficult to compete against a society that throws all of these very costly and restrictive formailities under the bus and does what ever it can to make the most money

Frankly, I am ashamed that our leadership is stupid enough to allow the current inbalance of equal footing to continue

If the Chinese goverement will not obeserve the rule of law then we should prohibit them from engaging in commerce here

Last edited by DynoFlash; Mar 4, 2006 at 12:39 AM.
Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:45 AM
Evolving Member

So only chinese people do this and nobody else?
Old Mar 4, 2006, 01:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by honda-guy
you guys talk about how china pollute the earth yet you don't look at the amount of pollution that we put out with the massive amount of vehicles that we have in the USA (not to mention all the huge v8 muscle cars and SUVs). we are the largest consumer of crude oil in the world, you don't think consumption of crude oil yields pollution. what about the nuclear waste we produce that will be around for thousands of years for our children to inherit. you guys bicth about how china pollute the earth yet you drive around with a test pipe instead of a high flow cat.
actually the nuclear waste is a good point... all the other nations using nuclear power reprocess their waste, ti's about time the united states completed the yucca mountain project and then legalize the reprocessing of nuclear fuel
Old Mar 4, 2006, 01:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Swift_OwL

Just venting.
be careful what you ask for, there is a reason that the immigrants are left to stay here nad there's a reason they get over. you think if the us really wanted to stop illegal immigration they couldn't start shootin' mother****ers by the thousands that tried to get across? you don't think they could send a message strong enough in ONE month that would STOP ALL illegal crossings? they can... but they don't why? cuz no one wants to mop toilets... no one wants to mow lawns. how many kids out there can do as good of a job and work as hard and for as long and AS AN ENTIRE CAREER, don't be naive. tehy're let in to take up the lowest and lowliest of echelons in american society... so get off yer stool.
Old Mar 4, 2006, 04:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I am writing from my apartment in Shanghai, China and I have a few points I would like to make.

1. Trade with China is making the US richer.

Lets take Mattel the toy manufacturer as an example. Barbie dolls are manufactured and packaged here in China and shipped to the US. Im guessing they retail for about $20 in ToysRUs. You know how much of that $20 stays in China? About 60 cents. The rest is repatriated to the US. For every "made in China" Barbie doll sold in the US for $20 - US citizens get $19.40. Because its US citizens that are the shareholders in Mattel.

2. Trade with China is making China richer.

Now I understand that alot of folks back home being hit hard by textile mill closures and manufacturing going off shore don't give a damn about the fate of some Chinese farmer. But the fact is that the average annual income of an average Chinese farmer (and over 80% of the population is still on the farm) is something like $180 US per year. So if they can get a job at $1 US per hour - that is a massive leap in disposable income which allows them to purchase things like modern medicines. And it makes a huge difference to the quality of life over here.

3. Trade with China is making the world safer.

Some of you will have heard the fuss that China is kicking up over Taiwan abolishing the "reunification council" which was supposed to pave the way for Taiwan to be reunified with the mainland. There has been a bit of flag waving in the Communist party controlled press over here but it really has been a bit muted. Because the Communist Party knows that they cannot afford to **** off the United States. Not because of military threats - but because of economic threats. Now that the underlying ideology behind the Chinese communist party is dead - the only thing that they have to justify their existence is continued economic growth. If the US imposed trade sanctions on China because of something stupid that the Chinese Communist Party did in the Taiwan straits, the Communist Party would be in serious trouble domestically. Because for starters half of Shanghai would be unemployed and very pissed off.

4. Trade builds democracy.

With the growth of the Chinese economy has come a massive influx of overseas Chinese returning home. Many of them are American educated with American values. Also many Chinese students are studying overseas. In the USA the Chinese are the largest group of foreign students by far. While in the US they pick up democratic values and take those values back home. I genuinely believe that if economic growth continues at its current rate - then political evolution is not too far behind. As an example - yes the Internet is censored over here. But the Great Firewall of China to be honest does a lousy job. Only the most obvious sites are blocked - and there are thousands of bloggers springing up everyday. People have the freedom to communicate like never before.

I realise that these broad principles are of little consolation when you have people that depend on you in your shop to help them put food on their table. I think there is an answer to that though. Dave is blessed with some fantastic tuning skills. And no matter where the turbos or bovs or piping gets manufactured - someone has to tune those cars. I know if I was working in Dave's shop I would be picking up every single scrap of knowledge that I could. Hopefully these guys are as well - and will open their own shops one day. Or maybe buy him out when he gets too old for Jap turbos

*edit* For the record the Chinese goverment is about to trial full currency convertibility in a Shanghai business district. Generally speaking when something gets trialled here it slowly gets introduced to the rest of the country. With regards to floating the yuan - its coming. Very slowly mind you.

Last edited by boomtown; Mar 4, 2006 at 04:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Very long post of thoughts from David Buschur.......