Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Very long post of thoughts from David Buschur.......

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on Dave, step it up a bit in quality. Sig Saur p220...........
Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
The chinese are increasing military spending 15% this year - today's WSJ
Compare their spending to ours. I believe that they spend about 10% of our military budget.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Heh, I was about to say...

Can't get a CCW in NY, but I'm partial to the Sig 229 .40 cal, 12 round mag for home use.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Dave, you don't really seem like a handgun kinda guy...you should use an RPG. haha.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:40 AM
Account Disabled

BTY - I have a carry permit - but I never carry. Its too much of a hassel with all the rules in my state with the gun being locked up in a safe and certain places you cant bring them.

BUT - its nice to know I have the right TO CARRY when and IF I want to !

When I do carry its a cocked and locked Les Bear Super Tac II 45
Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
BTY - I have a carry permit - but I never carry. Its too much of a hassel with all the rules in my state with the gun being locked up in a safe and certain places you cant bring them.

BUT - its nice to know I have the right TO CARRY when and IF I want to !

When I do carry its a cocked and locked Les Bear Super Tac II 45

cocked and locked Al? I do find Les Bears nice though. For those that said HKs I agree but they are a PITA to c&c (remember this is Conceal not thigh holster it like delta force). Sigs are fine c&cs but I prefer the slim form fit of the new walther.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur

I am not a business man.

I thought about this. Then I thought about the price it really costs if I do this.

1. I won't need a welder anymore, so Trent is out of a job.
2. There is a shop that makes our awesome new hangers we are using on our exhausts. He use to supply some medical companies with similar type things. Well they took their business to China and this guy almost closed up. We use him partly to help him out, mostly because he makes a great part for us. If I switch to China I would guess he would close up.
3. Our mandrel bending company. While we aren't their largest company we do spend about $250,000 per year on bending with them. If we went to China with our exhausts they would not close, but I bet one guy would lose his job.
4. Our laser cut flanges. Again, another company does those for us here. They would not close but this company does a lot for us and we probably spend over $100,000 a year there. IF we switched I'd guess another job would be lost.

Look at the effects of just our small company out sourcing overseas for our exhausts. IT is real and has real effects on a lot of people.

I just can't do it. I thought about it and then when I thought of some of the guys not having a job, to me, it isn't worth the outcome.

I'll keep making our parts here and try to keep some guys working, feeding their families etc. When I can't make it, I'll out source it to wherever I have to but as a last resort.

That's about it. Thanks for reading.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Ok,
before I being my post, I just want everyone to know that as I write this, I'm anxiously waiting to hear if I got into the Wharton School of business at the University of Pennsylvania or the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University. Also, I was born in China and lived there until the age of 7 (I'm not 26 and have been in the US for almost 20 years).

Dave, I have not owned any of your products, but having seen them and by reputation, I understand that they are second to none. So, in effect, saying you're not a business man is doing yourself a dis-service, you are and quite a good one.

More directly to the point of the impact of moving your operations to a low cost market. I believe you are doing a similar disservice to those people who you are trying to spare by delaying the inevitable. Make no mistake about it, that their companies/jobs as they are will be obsolete is inevitable: it is just simply not possible for them to compete with the labor in Southeast Asia sustainably. What you are costing them by continuing to keep them on life support is time. Time that they can be spending adapting to change. Time to aquire new skills and knowledge or finding new ways to apply their existing skills and knowledge. What they are facing is nothing new, change and, by extension, obselecence is part of progress.

Now I know it's one thing for me to count beans and another for you to tell people you've worked/done business with for years (maybe decades) "sorry, can't help you bro." However, I truly believe that to see the inevitable and to try to delay it does nobody a favor in the long run, not the customers, the suppliers and certainly not the market.

Respectfully,
Jacques Fu
Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:33 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
19 rounds this way, gives me extra to make sure the jobs done

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Thats great.
I love the Glocks they never fail. I have the glock 33 which is the 357 sig round. It's my american express never leave home with out it.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:49 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by makaveli_31
Ok,
before I being my post, I just want everyone to know that as I write this, I'm anxiously waiting to hear if I got into the Wharton School of business at the University of Pennsylvania or the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University. Also, I was born in China and lived there until the age of 7 (I'm not 26 and have been in the US for almost 20 years).

Dave, I have not owned any of your products, but having seen them and by reputation, I understand that they are second to none. So, in effect, saying you're not a business man is doing yourself a dis-service, you are and quite a good one.

More directly to the point of the impact of moving your operations to a low cost market. I believe you are doing a similar disservice to those people who you are trying to spare by delaying the inevitable. Make no mistake about it, that their companies/jobs as they are will be obsolete is inevitable: it is just simply not possible for them to compete with the labor in Southeast Asia sustainably. What you are costing them by continuing to keep them on life support is time. Time that they can be spending adapting to change. Time to aquire new skills and knowledge or finding new ways to apply their existing skills and knowledge. What they are facing is nothing new, change and, by extension, obselecence is part of progress.

Now I know it's one thing for me to count beans and another for you to tell people you've worked/done business with for years (maybe decades) "sorry, can't help you bro." However, I truly believe that to see the inevitable and to try to delay it does nobody a favor in the long run, not the customers, the suppliers and certainly not the market.

Respectfully,
Jacques Fu
It is surely a sad day when and If i ever accept that buying cheaply made inferior goods is "inevitable"

There will always be a market for Ferrari's for example - even though I will prib never afford to buy one and for Opus One wine also - even though both are not made in china
Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Dave, I am very proud to say I have "Made in America" on my Evolution. Thankyou for your contributions to the American way of business.

Last edited by scott88vr6; Mar 7, 2006 at 07:53 PM.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 08:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by makaveli_31
Ok,

Respectfully,
Jacques Fu
I totally disagree. Motorsports is a niche market. Sure for mass produced items like exhaust, intake, or whatever simple bolt on it is impossible to compete with taiwan or china. But the people who truly spend the big bucks (people who race competitively) in this industry, do not run those products for a number of reasons... one being quality, two being the lack of innovation, and three they can afford not to. Businesses that cater to these customers will thrive, because they understand the value of technical expertise and their primary deciding factor isn't price.

Talented people skilled in the arts of motorsports fabrication will never be obsolete in the US. I believe that in the future the demand for these skills will be even greater due to the fact there are fewer people entering the trade compared to previous generations.

One of the best examples I can think of for this situation is Full-Race, which is designed and manufactured in America. I've been buying their products for a number of years... and despite the price, there still is a 5 week period wait on manifolds due to demand.

Last edited by EFIxMR; Mar 7, 2006 at 08:16 PM.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 06:49 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dave we just had a customer bring in a downpipe from you guys. It's a modified SS autochrome piece.

I found it ironic given the first post.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Bimmubishi
Dave we just had a customer bring in a downpipe from you guys. It's a modified SS autochrome piece.

I found it ironic given the first post.
Can you post a pic? I've never seen a Buschur exhaust look anything like any SS Autochrome piece. Buschur exhaust isn't shiny at all.

You bumped a 2 year old post BTW.

Last edited by TeStUdO; Sep 4, 2008 at 06:59 AM.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vwjeff
A mod needs to delete the above post.

Why does it need to be deleted? It relavant to the topic at hand, and if Buschur makes his own exhaust, then there is nothing to hide about this at all, and only goes to reinforce the original bost that David made.

It would be very interesting to see this piece, and if it is a knock-off piece, then it educates the Evom community of what kind of products are out there.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 07:26 AM

Nice Post Mr. Buschur.

imagine going 120 mph in the Highway and that Cheap Chinese Piece of S*** exhaust broke apart. IMO

Quick Reply: Very long post of thoughts from David Buschur.......