Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Very long post of thoughts from David Buschur.......

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2008, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One outsourcing is nothing new.. but i can see where your coming from..
i just really dont agree with you im not a business man.. you contradicted yourself.. you clearly stated earlier in ur post that u were.. I quote "I now offer a low cost fix to the old deluxe FMIC kits, no it isn't free but it is the best I can do. For $200 you can send yours in, I'll modify it like our new ones and send back a new lower i/c pipe for your EVO8 or EVO9 turbo" This is a business mans way of thinking.. i messed a product up but i can still turn a small profit fixing my mistake.. hmmm looks that way to me..
Old Sep 4, 2008, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He was saying that he is not a business man in the way of hes more in it to make a buck than support his friends and country. The normal business man's thought is if I can put $10 more per item buy outsourcing this, F the rest of the company, its more money in my pocket.

Thats the best thing about DB! He looks out for his friends and family. He would rather loose a few dollars per part, but Keep Trent, Ted, Steve, Dan, Nick and Jarrod employed and able to support themselves and their families!

He is obviuosly a business man by the fact he owns a business and sells things. And he still has to look out for himself by not loosing money on things. But at the same time he is looking out for others!

And I know for a fact as Jeff said, the exhausts are made in house! If you go there, go back and talk to Trent, pile of mufflers and pipes and Trent sitting there welding everything together!
Old Sep 4, 2008, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
bimmubishi, either you or the customer who brought you the downpipe is a liar. I don't know which one. We build every single downpipe for an EVO here in house. There is no way in hell it's an SS Autochrome part. So someone is a liar or someone was lied to. BTW, you did revive a thread that hasn't been posted in for 2 years, that's cool though. I'll take all the publicity I can get.

We sell one part that I have to assume is made in China for the EVO, the SS 02 housings and I have made that quite clear.

Carry on with your hate.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 09:15 AM

does it matter where the product is made from? as long as it works..
If you are so proud of being American, then why didn't you buy an American car at the first place.. Now it's time for Global play~!
Old Sep 4, 2008, 09:22 AM
Account Disabled

It's a Subaru DP. I'm not hating. You just made a huge dissertation on this very subject. I like a lot of your parts.

Last edited by Bimmubishi; Sep 4, 2008 at 09:26 AM.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the Revive.. Love BR more now! For his words, the awsome parts they make and now for the very respectable way he thinks!

Hats off to ya David!
Old Sep 4, 2008, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zzombae
does it matter where the product is made from? as long as it works..
If you are so proud of being American, then why didn't you buy an American car at the first place.. Now it's time for Global play~!
The problem is that when you buy parts from ebay and the like, they don't have any kind of customer service, warranty, or R&D for other parts. This reduces the amount of products available and cause some to downsize or go out of business...

the whole "buy an american car" issue is moot IMO because many american cars are being assembled in other countries

Last edited by evolved83; Sep 4, 2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Good post to read again.

From a political standpoint, and in terms of globalization, it's good to hear thoughts from a former union steel mill worker turned drag racer turned succesful business owner. Some of us are pretty isolated in our circle of friends when it comes to life experiences and always good to hear your views DB.

Just wish you would vote for Obama though especially since you're in Ohio!
Old Sep 4, 2008, 11:57 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 233 Likes on 159 Posts
This thread is emo.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 01:49 PM
BBS
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4g63smokinall4s
One outsourcing is nothing new.. but i can see where your coming from..
i just really dont agree with you im not a business man.. you contradicted yourself.. you clearly stated earlier in ur post that u were.. I quote "I now offer a low cost fix to the old deluxe FMIC kits, no it isn't free but it is the best I can do. For $200 you can send yours in, I'll modify it like our new ones and send back a new lower i/c pipe for your EVO8 or EVO9 turbo" This is a business mans way of thinking.. i messed a product up but i can still turn a small profit fixing my mistake.. hmmm looks that way to me..
shoot. The man has to get paid for his time and work doesn't he? There's nothing wrong with paying a fraction of the cost to have your older product revised to newer standards. I wish most manufacturers were this way.

To everybody that buys D2, obx, ss autochrome, jun bl, helix, Megan, any other china made product that was stolen from the companies that took their time and money to develop....a big middle finger to you. Thanks for bringing down the countries economy, spreading american dollars overseas and putting people out of jobs. My parents are slanty eyed Koreans but I am damn proud to be American.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

good read sir
Old Sep 4, 2008, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by BBS
shoot. The man has to get paid for his time and work doesn't he? There's nothing wrong with paying a fraction of the cost to have your older product revised to newer standards. I wish most manufacturers were this way.

To everybody that buys D2, obx, ss autochrome, jun bl, helix, Megan, any other china made product that was stolen from the companies that took their time and money to develop....a big middle finger to you. Thanks for bringing down the countries economy, spreading american dollars overseas and putting people out of jobs. My parents are slanty eyed Koreans but I am damn proud to be American.
Unless everything you own is made in america you are a hypocrite. Even Dave admits to selling a chinese part, if you can get a part that works just as well for cheap then there is no problem doing so. That's how our economic system works. If you have an actual "innovation" then you patent the idea and it's protected...see Article I section 8 of the Constitution.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Wow. A two year old thread....EVOm is alive and well.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur

We are Americans. I was a union employee. I have my thoughts on unions and most of them don't work for other hard core union people. I am a hard worker from what I have seen a hard worker doesn't need a union to keep his job. The union in the steel mill where I worked helped the lazy good for nothing buttholes that should have been fired. I know all the good things unions did back in the day but the fact is today they protect worthless people. GM, Ford etc are paying people to NOT go to work, that is the Union strength. I don't agree with it. Bash me if you want. IF you don't work, you don't get paid. IF you aren't making money for a company YOU don't get paid.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

DAVID READ THIS!!

I want to say to you that all Unions are not the same. I am in the Cleveland Bricklayers local#5 union, and we are considered the backbone of this country (NOT auto workers) and the working class. Food for thought ~ Look at your surroundings? House,shop,office,library,school ect. a Mason has alot to do with your surroundings. I can asure you that it is VERY honest work and if you suck you will be layed off with a quickness!! Because my job is a production job, and the more you do the more money you make for the contractor,so if you suck or if you are slow...your GONE...bye you lazy puke! Plez don't generalize.

OH Dave, You know how you are battling with China and there cheap, low quality very low cost crap? WE (Union Bricklayers) Are going though the same **** with the NON Unions and Mexicans. They work for peanuts and they suck too...thats why they make 10 bucks an hour. Its just like china making a 02 housing for 2 cents and a meal ticket.

BOTTOM LINE: If you want Great quality and top of the line Masonry~ go Union

If you want shatty,sloppy cheap Masonry go non union or illegal Mexican
IF you want Great quality Evo Power mods ~ Go Buschur!!

If you want cheap,sloppy,low cost power mods ~ go China.

Dose this make sense?
Old Sep 4, 2008, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The comment about why didn't I buy an American car instead of the EVO just shows ignorance but I will address it. Even in this 2 year old thread......

First off, when I bought the car that started this business for me it was built here and considered a domestic vehicle. It was a 1990 Eagle Talon. Built in Normal, Ill. The US content was in the 60% range. In 1995 they wanted the car to become an actual domestic vehicle and the content was raised to 70%. After working on them and turning a hobby into a full time job with multiple employees I wasn't going back to a steel mill that was closed down for a job. The EVO has the same engine and we continued on.

Furthmore, before you open your mouth you have to also know about the amount of other vehicles I own. I just got into this with some loud mouth a few weeks ago at a party. I drove my 2008 Ford Mustang Shelby GT to the party and he made the crack about me finally buying American. I asked him, "How many domestic vehicles do you own?" He said, "All of mine are domestic." I said, "How many are newer than say 2000?" He said, "None." I then went on to explain what an idiot he was and how his 1960 vehicles do absolutely NOTHING at all for the economy and he could go suck a donkey *****.

I own, for reference, a 2006 Eclipse-built in Normal, Ill. A 2007 Endeavor, built in Normal, Ill. A 2008 Ford Mustang. A 2007 Chevrolet 2500 pick up. I've bought 4 other brand new domestic vehicles since 2000.

My tennis shoes, boots and jeans are made in the USA too even though I have to mail order them to get them.

If everyone did as much as I do to make sure that the US economy was supported China wouldn't even have a factory in it.

As for Obama, I can assure you that he is NOT who I am voting for.

Quick Reply: Very long post of thoughts from David Buschur.......