Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Very long post of thoughts from David Buschur.......

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2006, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amen!
Old Mar 1, 2006, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOWHT
Hey Dave were do you guys get your flanges cut??? I am a laser tech at a company here in WI! I maybe able to get you a better price, if you are looking to change companys. Oh yea great post!
Not much better for his loyal machinist than shipping them a little further west.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for staying within. But I too am curious. Is this an indirect warning that you might out source?
Old Mar 1, 2006, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

David,

Although I'm no "key player" or even a frequent poster on this site, I am a frequent reader of your posts. We haven't and may never meet in person, but for what it's worth I respect you as a person. I'm also a proud American, and a young Veteran of the military.

I hope that others realize how much of an impact you have made with everything 4g63. I came here as a long time Volkswagen enthusiast, and the type of business you run is completely lacking in that scene. In fact it may never happen.

Honesty over sales. It's not the way to win in America, which in a way is sad, but the tough road is also more rewarding.

People take for granted what comes with the "added" cost of your parts. for example: customer support in English that and supporting the livelyhood of fellow American enthusiasts

This is not to be critical of companies who send work overseas..It happens because the American consumer wants the best for the least. Can't change that.

-Gabe
Old Mar 1, 2006, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

Great post. I for one would rather pay more for a part from a company like Bushchur or AMS that is made in the US. It's nice to see someone not so concerned about the bottom line. On a sidenote talking during the National Anthem pisses me off.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

I dident read the whole thing but, I have been having the problems you addresed with your Delux FMIC. I took upon myself to by some motor mounts to fix the problem. Now I might have to upgrade to the EVO 9 turbo and send the FMIC in. Keep up the good work.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Awesome post.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 08:04 PM

I do what I can , to buy ! Nothing against others.

Last edited by EVOWHT; Mar 1, 2006 at 08:17 PM.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davidbuschur

It made me think of two things seeing this. Do some companies actually put NEW on a product just in hopes of selling more of it? I mean I am perfectly happy with my old Nyquil, Crest, Axe (especially the Axe, it makes my wife horneeee and the Benadryl. Maybe it is a marketing ploy, I don't know, I didn't take marketing. For me it is to actually improve something I did, not to sell more of them or resell to an existing owner of the old one. Something else funny, with all that new stuff in my cabinet it never crossed my mind once to contact one of those companies and tell them I want my money back for the old product or to have them upgrade my old product for the NEW one.

[/url]

I don’t agree here. If a damage was caused by a product I am sure you will request your money back. Your example is not accurate at all. If I buy a product from the Super Market and it got me sick because it’s expired or damaged in anyway I will ask for my money and every $ I spent.

You had a problem with the turbo. Turbos should not surge and a refund should be issued.

Nothing against you Dave you put a lot of work there and I love most of your products but your example was off and I am sure you did not mean anything bad.

Bottom line you tried and it counts.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

WOW. It's about damn time someone lays it all out for these people who just don't undestand.

The lower IC pipe for us older Deluxe users is WELL worth the price. I recentely had mine changed over and it fits like a glove. I will no longer have to worry about the lower IC pipe anymore
Old Mar 1, 2006, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Great post, this is about the most interesting post i read today...It reminds me of how mad I get when I call a customer service that is in India or anywhere that is not US.

Last edited by evo_rc; Mar 1, 2006 at 08:13 PM.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Old Mar 1, 2006, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great post and we think the same!
Old Mar 1, 2006, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Interesting stuff, Dave...

* the "NEW" label on products - Yes, they do this because they know it attracts people to buy it. Believe it or not, many times the "new" feature is a reduction of the quantity of the product, but at the same price. Nice, huh? It just wouldn't sell very well if they were truthful and put on the package "10% less - but same price!".

*Unions - I'm AFL/CIO, and believe it or not, I really don't have a choice. I don't have to join, but they take dues out either way, so I figure I might as well be a member and at least have a vote/say in how my money is spent, etc. Yep, it burns anyone who is honest (I've never met a dishonest but hard-working person) that the union shields the lazy & shiftless from being fired. I guess they don't figure out that the people who end up working harder (to help cover up for the incompetence the union is helping to keep around) could use some "help" from the union in those cases, too. Although I bet the Chinese laborer wishes to hell he/she had a union.

*American jobs - Everyone likes to think they're patriotic, but that patriotism fades fast when it affects their wallets. If a company wants to stay around, they've got to stand out from competition - foreign and domestic - either by offering a better price, better quality, or better customer service. Get any 2 of those and you'll be ok. If you don't, you're a goner. And there's no better way to turn off customers than to say "Sorry about that last product we sold you. Perhaps this next one you buy will be better." Ask GM - it doesn't work. I admire your keep-it-here attitude, but I don't think anyone would blame you if you go down the outsourcing road.

Last edited by EJEvo; Mar 1, 2006 at 08:22 PM.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

Good read, made me smile after a long day at work

Quick Reply: Very long post of thoughts from David Buschur.......