Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Race FMIC vs. Nisei vs. Injen Fmic

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2006, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buschur Race FMIC vs. Nisei vs. Injen Fmic

Sorry for the redundant post but I havent been able to find exactly what ive been looking for in archived posts.

My current setup is as follows:

Injen Intake/UICP kit
3" TBE
WR-8 TME at 22psi to redline
Ecutek Tune

My question is, in switching the intercooler for usage solely at PUMP GAS boost levels, would the Buschur Race FMIC/NISEI do more harm than good due to their increased pressure drop over the Injen (tube and fin, claimed 0.7psi pd). Also, I'd appreciate input on any observed gains/losses in spool up with any of the above.

My car was tuned with a Greddy V-SPL which has worked well with my setup but doesnt match up well with my Injen licp. Longer transition couplers (as id need for the greddy kit) are hard to come by but a longer 2.5" straight coupler (easier to find) used with either the Buschur or the Nisei would seemingly remedy my fitment issue.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...5&postcount=73

My setup will always be run strictly on pump gas for better or worse so im simply trying to best match the IC to my setup. Im looking for the best comprimise between cooling/pressure drop/and spool time (i.e. the holy grail of intercoolers )
Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited by fury656; Mar 4, 2006 at 01:19 PM.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 01:50 AM
Evolved Member

No questions asked, Buschur Race FMIC. And it will give you gains even on stock turbo.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

word.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

I have the nisei and I love it.

--Josh
Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:32 AM

I'm running the Buschur Race FMIC... It was used with my stock turbo for about 3 weeks and it made a very noticable gain... I'm in the process of building the motor and slapping on a 35R and I will let you know how it holds up.... I have a few pics here... https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=187574
Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ShawnJohnPSI
I'm running the Buschur Race FMIC... It was used with my stock turbo for about 3 weeks and it made a very noticable gain... I'm in the process of building the motor and slapping on a 35R and I will let you know how it holds up.... I have a few pics here... https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=187574
Thanks for the input. Im leaning toward the Buschur Race FMIC since the Nisei isnt available as of this moment. Running 22psi to redline, im interested to see if theres any noticeable difference power wise gear to gear since the temp rise with this unit is documented as among the lowest.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Dont forget about these.....https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...highlight=FMIC
Old Jun 24, 2006, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

I have the Injen FMIC and LICP. After my install, I actually gained over 0.5 psi in boost. I suspect it's all due to the LICP but a gain nonetheless. I picked Injen because of the LICP and because it retains the splash shield which Mitsubishi obviously felt was important for airflow through the IC and to manage airflow under the car. Only downside to the Injen IC - I had to do some trimming of the inside bumper cover where the front bolts attach. Easy work with a Dremel but it was the longest part of the install. Trim, test fit, trim, test fit, trim some more, test fit. I wonder if the Australian FMIC might be better fit wise - APS, PWR. I know the TurboXS one (also Australian) requires either discarding or cutting up the splash shield.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 07:56 AM
Account Disabled

Horsepowerfreaks gets my vote, one of best fitting IC that I have ever installed, and it even retains the stock bumper beam if you want...
Old Jun 24, 2006, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

I believe the HPF FMIC is not compatible with the splash shield. Is that correct?
Old Jun 24, 2006, 08:41 AM
Account Disabled

I am pretty sure it does, I ran it with mine for a while, then I put on the carbing undertray but it fit with the stock great.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 08:43 AM
Account Disabled

Old Jun 24, 2006, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

Been using the Injen now for about 1 1/2 years. Works great and fit perfect with no trimming.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Id get the Buschur Deluxe if I were you. Its a nice middle of the road IC and its great. I didnt lose a touch of response with it but it definitely does teh job cooling, especially around this time of year. Also, the short routed lower piping is great.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The Nisei robbed PSI from my stock turbo, it also slowdown the spool up. However I can see the Nisei giving you better performance with a bigger turbo.

Quality wise it is beautifully finished piece, heavy though 26lbs.

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Jun 24, 2006 at 02:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Buschur Race FMIC vs. Nisei vs. Injen Fmic