Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My new Evo IX, aftermarker BOV?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2006, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BOV threads are the *coolest* threads in the world... not one has failed to make me giggle just a lil bit.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Quick, jump on the flame bandwagon. It's his god damn car, let him want the noise if he wants it.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

omg another rice boy, who has watched The *** and the Curious way to many times.

i ll give u few advises:

1) the stock Bypass Valve or "BOV" on the IX can hold up to 25psi no problem, so u dont need to repalce it on a stock car

2) if u want to hear ur car go "pshh" between shift just put a open air filter, it s a far better solution than an aftermarket BOV that ill make u car run like crap.

3) not every turbo cars go pssh when they shift, example porshe turbo, that car will powned an evo and it doesnt make a noise. Noisy doenst mean fast

peace
Old Mar 12, 2006, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo jason
At the risk of being flamed by Warrtalon again for asking an honest question...

I am looking at the Buschur Racing Stage 1 setup. Does anyone know if this intake makes the BOV audible?
Are you sure you have the mechanical abilities to install that yourself? I dont think you do.
A Twin Turbo Viper will make the PSHHH!! sound... how is this ricer??
Yes a twin turbo viper probably does go "PSHHH" But it Probably also has 30k+ engine work done and has over 750 whp. Its allowed to go PSHHH. Your car is stock , therefore not worthy of going Pshhhhh
Old Mar 12, 2006, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

At the risk of being flamed by Warrtalon again for asking an honest question...

I am looking at the Buschur Racing Stage 1 setup. Does anyone know if this intake makes the BOV audible?
you're not asking a honest question, you are asking a stupid question. your IX comes with a perfectly fine bov so use it and shut up.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 12:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I was once a so called "ricer." I loved the sound of my hks bov i had on my old mr2 turbo. It was cool going up to some one with an open window and blowoff at 15 psi right next to them. I had a greddy type s bov on my evo and it sounded nice for about a day. After that, I got really annoyed by it after about a week and I ended up going with a aps bov. I would say go with either a 1g bov or the mr bov, cheap and it works.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mr2lover55
I was once a so called "ricer." I loved the sound of my hks bov i had on my old mr2 turbo. It was cool going up to some one with an open window and blowoff at 15 psi right next to them. I had a greddy type s bov on my evo and it sounded nice for about a day. After that, I got really annoyed by it after about a week and I ended up going with a aps bov. I would say go with either a 1g bov or the mr bov, cheap and it works.
the IX comes with the JDM MR bov that's why this guy is an idiot.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

I was once a so called "ricer."
You already stated why you are a ricer below!

It was cool going up to some one with an open window and blowoff at 15 psi right next to them.
I really hate it when people do this! Do you think we're idiots and don't know what the hell a turbo MR2 is? It seems every SRT-4 that comes within a 2 block radius of me must send off his BOV. What's the point? Again, why would anyone need to do this?

I am getting annoyed by these threads/posts/people today
Old Mar 12, 2006, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Wheres Tpayne defending another person wanting a loud BOV? Oh, right, hes an idiot too.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

This is just great, the guy asked a simple question and politics just wants to get in, Like a dingdong who hasn't had one in years. Just answer the stupid question and forget about your ideals and beliefs. He doesn't want to listen to it. That's the reason why threads go up to page 100.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Can we put a sticky up top about intakes for every damn noob that comes on here and wants to here a psssht sound. Its called get an intake and youll hear everything. Of course, just remember you need a tune when you get that intake.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Silk
Are you sure you have the mechanical abilities to install that yourself? I dont think you do.
Hah... yes I have the mechanical abilities. It's funny how much people assume. I didn't have experience working on turbo imports until my VIII, but with an Evo it forces you to get familiar with the mechanical components real quick just to keep it from going to a shop every month.

Originally Posted by Silk
Yes a twin turbo viper probably does go "PSHHH" But it Probably also has 30k+ engine work done and has over 750 whp. Its allowed to go PSHHH. Your car is stock , therefore not worthy of going Pshhhhh
The argument was not about being "worthy", it was about it being "ricer". The point in any turbo car can make the Psshh, not just ricer 4 bangers.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 04:09 PM
Evolving Member

Well I finally got my answer, aside from how much crap I had to put up with to get it. I must say I'm a little disappointed in how quick a lot of people are to be rude because of their point of view. I thought this site was a little more mature than this.

I'm tired of defending my opinion, can someone lock this thread now please.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

Get GFB BOV it's great quality and you can adjust how much air to vent to hear that psssh your looking for. It's not cheap either about $350.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Hah... yes I have the mechanical abilities. It's funny how much people assume. I didn't have experience working on turbo imports until my VIII, but with an Evo it forces you to get familiar with the mechanical components real quick just to keep it from going to a shop every month.

The argument was not about being "worthy", it was about it being "ricer". The point in any turbo car can make the Psshh, not just ricer 4 bangers.
If you have to work on your evo every month you must be driving the crap out of it. Stock evos do not need constant mechanical tune ups, just oil changes every 3k miles. And no, turbo cars can make the pshh sound, but not stock evo's. They're not meant to. For example, people can eat their own sh*t but they dont, they're not supposed to.

Quick Reply: My new Evo IX, aftermarker BOV?