Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Turbo oil line question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2006, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Turbo oil line question

I bought my car with a Garrent GT30R turbo and I need to replace the oil and coolant lines both are leaking, after doing research I see diffrent types of oil lines and I want to know which one is better for oil pressure to the turbo? I attached pics of where my stainless steel feed lines are tapped into at the motor ( far drivers side of the motor just below the valve cover) is this a good set up? or should I go to another style feed line? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Turbo oil line question-oil-line.jpg   Turbo oil line question-oil-line-2.jpg   Turbo oil line question-oil-line-3.jpg   Turbo oil line question-oil-line-4.jpg  
Old Mar 8, 2006, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That port on the head is a metric thread. I have a scary feeling that the fitting shown is not metric, which is why it might be leaking.

The head provides enough oil for a GT turbo.
Old Mar 8, 2006, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Even though the head provides enough oil for the turbo it is better to actually have it fed from the oil filter housing. You can get fittings that go into one of the unused plugged holes and go from there. The reason behind this spot is to get "cleaner" oil. Good luck.
Old Mar 8, 2006, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

It isent leaking from the fitting it has a small hole in the line that was rubbed through, the line was too long and was rubbing on the engine block. I was just worred that the head wouldent provide enough oil PSI, I saw a kit that gets oil supply from the oil filter. THANKS! I will just take that old line and have a new one fabricated for $10.00! is their anything special about the line i need to know? Special crush washers? ECT?? Thanks
Old Mar 8, 2006, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

There is nothing special and no special crush washers needed since you will not be using any banjo bolts. just some teflon thread sealant and you'll be good to go. Good luck.
Old Mar 8, 2006, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

great saves me a ton of cash lol, now I just need to locate my coolant line...... Its supposed to be 60 degress in MI today so I can actually do something to the car!