Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

What happened here?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2006 | 10:46 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
we've also had the line blowoff on our gt35R setup, more than once, remedying that now!!

no engine damage though.

cb
Old Mar 11, 2006 | 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Why remedy it? It's all good according to Dave. Waitasec, last week Dave said it could blow your motor up:

The FPR is the absolute worste place to tap anything into!! Do not do that. If the boost gauge or any of the extra lines you use develop a leak you could very well blow your engine.
Hmm... maybe he is just confused. So I made a little Excel spreadsheet to help him out. See attached.

Regards,
Shiv
Attached Files
File Type: zip
For Dave Buschur.zip (2.2 KB, 58 views)

Last edited by shiv@vishnu; Mar 11, 2006 at 12:22 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2006 | 11:55 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
Why remedy it? It's all good according to Dave. Waitasec, last week Dave said it could blow your motor up. Maybe he is just confused. So I made a little Excel spreadsheet to help him out. See attached.

Regards,
Shiv

"bigger number is leaner"

Last edited by razorlab; Mar 11, 2006 at 12:03 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2006 | 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

It is a formula that shows AFRs with and without the FPR hose attached based on boost levels.

Last edited by Smogrunner; Mar 11, 2006 at 12:17 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2006 | 12:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Smogrunner
The attachment works just fine for me. It is a formula that shows AFRs with and without the FPR hose attached based on boost levels.
Yes I know. I just found it funny that shiv pointed out that "bigger number is leaner".
Old Mar 11, 2006 | 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

There. I just added pretty colors to the spreadsheet.
Old Mar 11, 2006 | 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoallovEr
Dynoflash
Dont start none... there wont be none!
Old Mar 11, 2006 | 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jorge T
Your analogy is like comparing someone who can [edit] assemble a computer to somewone who can make programs for a computer.....You are like the person who knows the subject language but only has superficial subject knowledge.
couldn't have said it better myself.
Old Mar 11, 2006 | 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xtnct
Neat protection. This works with older Xede units as well (as long as upgraded to most recent firmware)?
Yes. Every XEDE is updateable by simple firmware update.

shiv
Old Mar 11, 2006 | 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsujeff55
this is all pretty funny.

it never fails, someone has to throw a 'nudge' in and the games begin.

Al, you are fanboi numero uno, it must be hard to walk with that kak so far up your behind.
Old Mar 11, 2006 | 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SuperHatch
My concern was that his boost compensation mode requires that the user modify the boost table to output "User4" instead of PWM0, then the compensation table inputs "User4" and outputs PWM0. I just didn't know how the logic of the Lean Run protect would determine which variable it wanted to modify.....

From the looks of it, if the car was tuned in the cold and then the lean condition happened in the heat, you could still have WG duty occuring if the Conditional is setup to modify the "User4" output to 0V. In hot temps the compensation table will still add duty to the 0V "User4" output resulting in a minor increase in boost. Whether this has an effect on the compensation is unknown to me.

If the logic of the conditional is to modify the PWM0 output regardless of what table that output is coming from, then there is absolutely nothing to worry about.
Correct. To do this, you would put the boost cut condition in the compensation table since it is the last stop in the boost control path. Simple!

The fact that XMap displays actual A/F, and actual timing now, rather than those weird values before?
Yep. And it's all user configurable if you chose to use a different o2 sensor. All i did was simply set up a table that inputs o2 sensor voltage and kicks out a nominal Air/Fuel ratio (user 5). You can then configure the main screen to show this number along with 4 more variables you want to take a look at during tuning. You can even program alerts when a variable exceeds a pre-definated limit. This means that you can look at just one screen while tuning. Really helpful if you are road testing and you have to look at the laptop with the corner of your eye.

On the timing display, is that actual timing at the engine, or the timing offset from stock that the Xede is implementing?
It still shows offsets. We are working on a way to show actual timing numbers without relying on the OBD2 system (which is very slow sampling). Our method will involve timing the relationship between the coil fire and TDC (from looking at the CAS signal).

cheers,
shiv