Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Another High Horsepower 20G-9 thread from Buschur Racing.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2006, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The AFR's were definitely on the safe side. David told me that he could definitely get more out of it and that it was very conservative which is what I wanted. I will be running the car Solo 2, and occasional track day, and possibly the Winged Warrior event. I am not just a drag racer
Old Mar 10, 2006, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the hp seems a little on the low side, no? wasnt there just a thread from TT that posted a evo 9 with cams, flash, tbe, mbc, and pump gas that pulled 375 awhp?
Old Mar 10, 2006, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by racerxj17
the hp seems a little on the low side, no? wasnt there just a thread from TT that posted a evo 9 with cams, flash, tbe, mbc, and pump gas that pulled 375 awhp?
All dyno's read differently. Buschur's reads much lower than most. As a reference, his white RS dyno'd 330whp and went 11.3 @ 124mph.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 07:11 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by racerxj17
David Buschur does it again.

TT has a dyno jet Buschur has a Mustang and they read diff.

Trevor I seen your car when it was all apart. I did not know you were getting all that done. I am sure you are happy as I am. I can see you getting into the 10's no problem. Enjoy your new beast.

I would love to get 280/280 cams, race FMIC, and Buschurs new exhaust. But have to wait till end of summer to do anything like that. But David knows I will be back.
Old Mar 11, 2006, 07:36 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Has the pump gas graph been posted anywhere?
Old Mar 11, 2006, 07:43 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by DragNRacing
All dyno's read differently. Buschur's reads much lower than most. As a reference, his white RS dyno'd 330whp and went 11.3 @ 124mph.
and also weighs alot less than other evos so it's not really a reference point unless your evo weighs the same.
Old Mar 11, 2006, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
and also weighs alot less than other evos so it's not really a reference point unless your evo weighs the same.
Stock for stock, the MR and RS are about 100lbs different. I do have light weight rims and even lug nuts (probably as light or lighter than David's) and many of the other weight savings that David does so at most it is probably a couple hundred of pounds off which would equate to a couple tenths at the most.
Old Mar 11, 2006, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
Has the pump gas graph been posted anywhere?
Not that I know of. I am playing catch up. I will scan it shortly now that I'm home. I'm still working on the video too. I pretty beat up from the drive but will see if I can get that done tonight too. I should have some decent footage.
Old Mar 11, 2006, 07:53 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by DragNRacing
Stock for stock, the MR and RS are about 100lbs different. I do have light weight rims and even lug nuts (probably as light or lighter than David's) and many of the other weight savings that David does so at most it is probably a couple hundred of pounds off which would equate to a couple tenths at the most.

Ok, you're the minority. Most evo owners don't have bumper beams, and other weight saving things done to their cars.
Old Mar 11, 2006, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

200 pounds would save more then just .2 seconds off the 1/4 miles.

Also 330hp on Bushurs dyno probably = like 390 on TT's
Old Mar 11, 2006, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Cloud
200 pounds would save more then just .2 seconds off the 1/4 miles.
Using many of the common equations that give approximate numbers, it is very close to .2 seconds in most cases. These equations are not exact but in general do give fairly repeatable numbers.

For example using this site http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/calc.htm and plugging in 3200 lbs with an 11.3 sec ET, I get 438hp. Entering 3400lbs with an 11.53 sec ET, I get 438hp. The difference is about .23 seconds. So you are right it is probably more than .2 seconds....More like .23
Old Mar 11, 2006, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Here is the final pump gas dyno sheet. The numbers are slightly less than David's post as I wanted it very conservative.

Old Mar 11, 2006, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

The knock threshold is set at 2 volts and the AEM will aggresively add fuel and pull timing as needing with anything above.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 12:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nils
sweetness.

all I need now is a tune.

n

Nils, buddy, whats the setup on your car now?
Old Mar 12, 2006, 12:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
razorlab,

Is it the fault of Trevor or myself that "most EVO owners", as you said, don't have any weight savings done to their EVO's?

Seriously, if someone is going to race your EVO and expect to be the fastest then you either have to make more HP than everyone else, be lighter than everyone else, be a better driver than anyone else, have better suspension than anyone else or better yet have a combination of all that.

NOT taking any weight out of your EVO and trying to race it is just not very smart. NOT taking any weight out of your EVO and hoping to be as fast as other people with the same modifications as you have is just stupid. It happens on occasion, such as Trevor running 12.0's, he is the "better driver" of the equation.

Spending a weekend on your EVO to find a hundred useless pounds to remove will not only make it faster it will also make it more dependable and less prone to breaking parts.

Think of it this way. You can spend a months pay to buy a part that will gain you 20 whp or you can spend a weekend taking 200 pounds out of your car. Now 200 pounds is hard to find but you get my point.

Buying inferior heavy parts for you EVO is another dumb move. I see exhausts come into our shop that weigh darn near what the stock system does, dumb. Why would you spend you money on an exhaust that give you less power than ours AND weighs double? That isn't a wise decision.

I bought an RS because I like a lightweight car. If I am going to race it I am going to make it as light as I can without ruining it. For anyone that has seen my RS you will notice how nicely done it is. You don't walk past it and say, "What a gutted POS." Yes, it is light. It was light when I bought it and then I made the right decisions on making it lighter. I cut NOTHING from it, I drilled NO holes in it. There is nothing missing that couldn't be put back on with just the factory bolts. 99% of the people that see it have no idea it is lighter. The guys at C&D commented on how nice the car was and how much lighter it was than the HKS EVO, I believe we were about 200 pounds under them.

Here is a short example of simple things to remove or change to save weight, you'll see how fast it adds up:

Our exhaust, 3" turbo back is 36 pounds lighter than stock
Our air filter kit is 6 pounds lighter than stock
Our battery kit is 20 pounds lighter than stock
The spare tire and tool kit weighs 43 pounds
The carpet padding, metal plates and sound deadening under the carpet is around 20 pounds.

There is 125 pounds gone.

Then of course there are the things that some claim are unsafe. Bumper beams and brackets, that's another 35 pounds. I personally feel they are useless but that arguement has already been covered.

Putting wheels on your EVO? Don't buy something that's heavy. It's possible to save about 5 pounds per corner of the car putting on wheels that won't break the bank.

Anyway, hopefully some of you see my point. Some of you never will but that will be the group that always is slower complaining about how someone else went fast.

Like my brother says at the shop. "I have never seen so many records, "fastest with stock side mirrors, fastest with air bags, fastest on a Tuesday night, fastest with the back seat in, fastest with passenger seat out, fastest with the hood release popped, etc, etc." This is a standing joke with us.

Either build the car to go fast or except the fact that you will probably never be the fastest.

BTW, only about the first sentence of this was actually directed at you razorlab. I just went off on a rant/example.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

Quick Reply: Another High Horsepower 20G-9 thread from Buschur Racing.