Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

BLOWN Motor, Part 4 (Bottom End Pics!!!)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2006, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn... that shyt is all fcked up!
Old Mar 18, 2006, 03:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going to send these photographs to a few very good mechanics as well as my contact who is an executive at the Mitsubishi HQ here in Southern California to see what i can do for you. I've worked on cars for years and i can guarantee that mitsubishi is trying to completely screw you to avoid repairing your car.

If you can, send me any available data to andrewkalionzes@adelphia.net and i'll get to work on this for you.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 06:33 AM

Ouch!!!
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Andrew LB
I'm going to send these photographs to a few very good mechanics as well as my contact who is an executive at the Mitsubishi HQ here in Southern California to see what i can do for you. I've worked on cars for years and i can guarantee that mitsubishi is trying to completely screw you to avoid repairing your car.

If you can, send me any available data to andrewkalionzes@adelphia.net and i'll get to work on this for you.
Wow, that would be absolutely unbelievable. You'll have PM and e-mail within 5 minutes
Old Mar 20, 2006, 03:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Stew
Wow, that would be absolutely unbelievable. You'll have PM and e-mail within 5 minutes
I relayed the information to him this evening (sunday) to my guy as well as the analysis of your photos by two tuner shops i know well. Neither shop said it was caused by detonation and looks like a stretched rod. Without the bottom end off, 100% certainty was not possible.

I'm going to e-mail the photos to Ivo @ Rennermotorsport.com (where i was today) and see what he thinks. He's blown/rebuilt/custom fabbed more motors than any local tuner i know. (the blown ones were his track cars like the 16v 2.0L n/a block with a 1.8t 20v head and lots of work. But when you play with MASSIVE compression/power engines.... things are bound to break.

I'll get back to you ASAP when i hear back from everyone.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 04:54 AM
Account Disabled

OMG if my block looks like that when pull it. I'm going to scream until I blackout.

Last edited by thechoc; Mar 20, 2006 at 04:57 AM.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

I'll get back to you ASAP when i hear back from everyone.
Awesome Andrew
Old Mar 28, 2006, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

A very interesting and educational thread. Can't wait to see what happens. Good job everyone on keeping this stuff on topic and civil for the most part!
Old Mar 28, 2006, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome Andrew
Get yourself a good lawyer and as much technical info showing the real cause of the damage so mitsu will cover since it looks like it was a factory defect!
Old Mar 28, 2006, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

I'm still waiting to hear back. The silence is deafening IMO.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

I'm still waiting to hear back. The silence is deafening IMO.
Thats cool, I appreciate the help man.

Right now the DMV inspector has visited the dealership and looked at the car and Mitsubishi has not found a cause of the problem.

For Mitsubishi to legally deny warranty repair they HAVE TO (by LAW) find a cause of the problem, and provide factual evidence that any aftermarket modifications led to the breakdown. Mitsubishi cannot simply void a warranty legally purchased by the consumer on any empty ignorant assumptions.

I'm waiting to hear back from the DMV inspector tomorrow after he meets with his manager, who is also the department's lawyer. Its been 4 weeks so far, and no decisions have been made. This is not fun.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 11:46 PM
Evolving Member

Thats cool, I appreciate the help man.

Right now the DMV inspector has visited the dealership and looked at the car and Mitsubishi has not found a cause of the problem.

For Mitsubishi to legally deny warranty repair they HAVE TO (by LAW) find a cause of the problem, and provide factual evidence that any aftermarket modifications led to the breakdown. Mitsubishi cannot simply void a warranty legally purchased by the consumer on any empty ignorant assumptions.

I'm waiting to hear back from the DMV inspector tomorrow after he meets with his manager, who is also the department's lawyer. Its been 4 weeks so far, and no decisions have been made. This is not fun.
in other words they are trying their hardest to find the biggest BS reason for them not to cover that under warranty, god I swear "warranties were made to be voided" man i really do hope you get this crap covered under warranty, you gotta love how the damn brochure for the evo in their showroom freakin tells you how great of a performance car it is and that it can be pushed to the limits and be a great car yet when you do push these cars like they advertise them which sounds like you didnt even do, they try to find whatever reason to void that freakin warranty! best of luck to you, best of luck
Old Apr 7, 2006, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

Any updates?
Old Apr 7, 2006, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rgonyer
Any updates?
As of now the DMV is working on the case, but not sure what they can do. I'm getting the car back today and I've already been talking to a few engine builders.

..Not too happy that Sipriano (district rep) had me tear down the engine (at the dealer) for no apparent reason if he was just going to BS another random excuse. There goes $300.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

^^ sorry to hear this man
good luck

Quick Reply: BLOWN Motor, Part 4 (Bottom End Pics!!!)