Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Drivetrain noise

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2006, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drivetrain noise

I've had my 06 MR for about a month now and a noise has developed when I am turning and accelerating simultaneously. I have searched on this site for similar issues, the only one that had a similar sound was when one evo owner pulled on the e-brake in the snow. It is a whirring sound (like a small electric pump) and clicks and it only happens when the steeing wheel is turned and I am accelerating. This can be from a stand still or at any speed. I thought it might be the ACD pump because the sound only happens if the steering wheel is turned more then 45 degrees and the clutch is engaged, but this sound is coming from the rear passenger side, and apparently the ACD pump is under the hood somewhere. I really hope this is normal because i really have enjoyed the first month of driving this sweet car. Comments would be greatly appreciated..
Old Mar 19, 2006, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

I just got my 06 mr, and I have an issue that if I take a hard turn, and the rear diff kicks in, when I come to a stop and start out, the rear end makes a clicking noise and the sound increases with speed then goes away. My thought is the rear diff isn't dissengaging. I dont know if its normal, and it only happens sometimes. My 03 didn't do this, but the diffs are different. My car only has 400 miles on it, in my 03 the diff was low on oil, that could be it aswell????
Old Mar 20, 2006, 05:08 AM

I believe we are experiencing the same issue. Mine does not happen all the time but once it does, it will happen every time i turn until I park the car for the day.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 06:09 AM
Evolving Member

ya, When I park my car, then come back to it, its back to normal. Strange I wondering if ITs low on fluid.