Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Fujitsubo RM01A....NOT 3" Through Out

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2006, 04:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha this is funny because i spoted this out in the other thread about this exhaust b4 this was posted. buschur raceing the only way to go imo. full 3" turbo back inner dia. and u have the option of mufflers,

buschur mufler = load and growls like an sob
magna flow = different sound not as loud
new biller muffler = even quieter, nicer and doesnt have that growl

i have the buschur muffler and its loud, smelly (bc i have a test pipe), easy to install and i absolutly ****ing love it.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 04:48 AM
Evolved Member

Depending on your power goals the exhaust may be fine. One of my friends had his 9 tuned recently (stock turbo, cams) and found his HP curve started to flatten out up top due to this exhaust. He ended up with about 355hp before the exhaust became a problem.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 04:55 AM
Evolved Member

my friend with a Type R, almost got that exhaust its a very nice system, but it sucks its that small.. maybe try it out? i dont think you need 3" until your over 500hp.. correct me if im wrong. might help spool too!

my friend ended up getting T1R exhaust which is 2.5 all the way through i believe, and gained like 17 WHP, on a stock 1.8L Type R engine!

you might try to customise it, but thats expensive considering you bought the exhaust thinking it was what you wanted, not knowing you were going to have to shell out more money to get new resonators from a muffler shop or something. good luck!
Old Mar 29, 2006, 05:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoRecordSetter
my friend with a Type R, almost got that exhaust its a very nice system, but it sucks its that small.. maybe try it out? i dont think you need 3" until your over 500hp.. correct me if im wrong. might help spool too!

my friend ended up getting T1R exhaust which is 2.5 all the way through i believe, and gained like 17 WHP, on a stock 1.8L Type R engine!

you might try to customise it, but thats expensive considering you bought the exhaust thinking it was what you wanted, not knowing you were going to have to shell out more money to get new resonators from a muffler shop or something. good luck!
you can't compare exhaust between NA cars and boosted cars. you want the least amount of restriction as possible after the turbine. more flow usually means more noise.

and there is no way that your friend gained 17 whp from just an exhaust in a b-series unless he went from a 1.5" stock cx exhaust to a 2.5" but that just means he got back the hp he lost from using a smaller than stock exhaust in the first place. i've tuned many b-series and have never seen more than 5whp gain just from a cat-back exhaust.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks Zeus for letting me know about the glitch.

What I was saying was, in condensed form:
  • Fujitsubo RM-01A is an RM-01A. There's the version in stainless and one in Ti, but same dimensions.
  • If your'e worried about the diam. be glad you didn't shell out more than 2x to get the same thing but lighter.
  • IMO I don't think the taper would hurt that much. I'd love to see dyno's with same car on true 3" and this one. Not to prove anyone right/wrong, but I'd be interested...
  • Fujitsubo do a Super Ti which is bigger than 3". Perhaps that has no taper???

Last edited by x838nwy; Mar 29, 2006 at 05:55 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by honda-guy
you can't compare exhaust between NA cars and boosted cars. you want the least amount of restriction as possible after the turbine. more flow usually means more noise.

and there is no way that your friend gained 17 whp from just an exhaust in a b-series unless he went from a 1.5" stock cx exhaust to a 2.5" but that just means he got back the hp he lost from using a smaller than stock exhaust in the first place. i've tuned many b-series and have never seen more than 5whp gain just from a cat-back exhaust.
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=659143

SORRY 16 WHP.

Originally Posted by 92TypeR
Only changes was:

DC JDM 4-1
2.5" resonated test pipe
2.5" T1R catback (new style)

All three graphs shown above were done today

EDIT: bandwidth took off pic.

Last edited by EvoRecordSetter; Mar 30, 2006 at 01:07 AM.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

I looked at the muffler and it does have the JASMA stamp on it. I am making around 500whp so I think the neck downs from 3" to 2 1/4" is going to be painful.

My current exhaust is a UR w/ a magnaflow and w/ my upgraded turbo, its really loud. With my stock turbo, the sound was perfect.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoRecordSetter
i would say that most of the power gains were from the jdm 4-1 header and the test pipe. if he swaped from a stock type R exhaust to an after market exhaust, he would have gained 3-4 whp max.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

I contacted the vendor again and I am going to return it. Hopefully, they will give me all my money back and shipping costs since they sold me something that wasn't as described.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 08:18 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We have a car here that made 504 wheel with a factory 2 1/4 cat back exhaust on it. (and an HKS muffler)
Old Mar 29, 2006, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

^More info please. Mods? Did you see any spool up differences or did he just come in w/ the exhaust?
Old Mar 29, 2006, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bimmubishi
We have a car here that made 504 wheel with a factory 2 1/4 cat back exhaust on it. (and an HKS muffler)
wow thats good power... but if the exhaust was larger in diameter im sure it would make more. I went from Greddy Ti to HKS back to SS 3 inch exhaust. If you want big power you gotta deal with the noise..wasted too much money on just exhaust alone
Old Mar 29, 2006, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

I bought my Fujitsubo Legalis-R (same as the RM01A except the muffler is different, and not one piece) knowing about the restrictions. Despite the neck down at the resonator, I still noticed a notable power gain and it is quiet. I am just happy that there was an exhaust that gave performance gains while keeping the sounds at stock level.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 09:13 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by deadbeatrec
haha this is funny because i spoted this out in the other thread about this exhaust b4 this was posted. buschur raceing the only way to go imo. full 3" turbo back inner dia. and u have the option of mufflers,

buschur mufler = load and growls like an sob
magna flow = different sound not as loud
new biller muffler = even quieter, nicer and doesnt have that growl

i have the buschur muffler and its loud, smelly (bc i have a test pipe), easy to install and i absolutly ****ing love it.
This is a little off-topic, but I was under the impression that the new bullet muffler is quieter than the original race muffler but louder than the Magnaflow.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 10:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jj_008
2 1/4" is a huge deal. Putting 3 properly sized resonators in a 3" pipe is a lot different then necking it down to 2 1/4". I am more disappointed w/ the vendors that market it as a full 3" catback system.

You should have called me up.. I could have told you that it was not a 3 inch exhaust

Quick Reply: Fujitsubo RM01A....NOT 3" Through Out