Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Fujitsubo RM01A....NOT 3" Through Out

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2006, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Results:

First off this exhaust is almost stock like quiet. Pretty amazing for having an upgrade turbo. I also gained 2 psi of boost pressure which is odd.

The road dyno results are inconclusive thanks to my Gtech falling off my windshield. I re-attached it and did another run and it showed a 25whp loss, but this was w/ uncalibrated Gtech so it doesn't mean much. Looking at torque curve, there was a 150rpm increase in spool up.

The butt dyno says there is a loss of power, but there is so much less noise its hard to tell (sounds fast effect).

With it being so quiet now, I can hear all kinds of good stuff like my walboro, my transmission decel noise, turbo, and motor.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 02:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jj_008
I figured 2 of the vendors I asked would know. Next time, I'll call you guys for info.

Do you know if there is suppose to be a hanger that wraps around the muffler? I saw a picture of one w/ a hanger and I don't think I got one. I will have to check my packing to see if its in there for sure
Yes there is a hanger that wraps around the muffler.. sorry for the late reply
Old Mar 31, 2006, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know if I understand this (what Zeus posted) correctly, but the crux of the matter appears to be that with less back pressure, you get a greater effect from the turbo for a given exhaust flow rate.

Now, while it is true that the diameter of the thing affects back pressure, doesn't anything else matter? What I found quite interesting is that all these exhausts are 70-75-80mm and yet there's >10hp difference between them, so I guess the diameter is not to be all and end all of it.

I am surprised at the exhaust comparison that the stock setup makes so much less power than all the others, up to 27hp. But then again, their stock setup seems to be making rather a lot of power (318.5). Other mods prolly played a part at making the stock even more of a bottleneck compared to a completely stock vehicle. In any case, I appear to have overestimated the stock system. I suppose 60mm and the end muffler having an entrance at 90degrees to it doesn't help that much...
Old Mar 31, 2006, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by x838nwy
I
In any case, I appear to have overestimated the stock system. I suppose 60mm and the end muffler having an entrance at 90degrees to it doesn't help that much...
Not only that, but the piping is press-bent, not mandrel so those bends are even smaller than 60mm. The stock CATBACK is pretty straight tho so that isnt much of an issue but it definitely is at that 90* bend.
Old May 6, 2006, 11:22 AM

did you look down the Tip into the muffler? the diameter of that pipe looks way smaller than even 70mm....maybe 60mm. Have you run with this gains, lost, etc.?

Originally Posted by mikesevo8
Everything you said is exactly the reasons I went with the Ex-mag.
My HKS Hi-power got bent in a skirmish with a guardrail. I plan on using it as an "organ donor" to eliminate the neck-down at the cat.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but for reference, here is a couple pics of the Exmag and the stock system layed side by side.