Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Drivetrain noise...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2006 | 02:00 PM

Unhappy Drivetrain noise...

I was out driving around in my car last night and i made a hard right hand turn and the car let out a super loud screeching sound. I kept driving the car and the noise only happens when turning the car hard and the turbo spooling. I have been Searching all these threads and the people talking about blown tc hear a siren type of noise now i dont think that is what the noise sounds like but it is very loud. I also noticed the whining noise i am used to in the car has gotten louder in the lower rpm's or downshifting the car. Could this possibly be a blown turbo. I changed the tc fluid this morning, everything looked normal no chunks or debris. I also read last night that you should be able to spin the front wheel one way and the opposite wheel should spin the other way and it does. So i have no idea what is happening to the car any info would be helpful.
Old Apr 8, 2006 | 11:33 AM

I'm fairly certain you blew your T case. Mine made the same noise under similar circumstances.
I was able to replace the POS differential with a Ralli Art unit from TRE.
If you dont know how to do it, send your T case in and they will do it. Its really not hard to do though.