Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Forge MBC problem.....

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2006, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MBC/Wastegate connection problem.....

Ok So I removed my greddy E-01 EBC and installed my Forge UNOS, this is a bit complicated. I have a ATP GT3076R turbo with a tial external wastegate. Using a few diffrent write ups on here I tapped a line from the BOV line just before the BOV itself (Forge RS) to the BOTTOM of the MBC, I then ran the SIDE outlet of the MBC to the SIDE port of the Tial Wastegate. I read that the side inlet of the Tial should be used not the top nipple, the top is supposed to VTA....... I go for a drive and my wastegate will not actuate! I boosted so high I got a fuel cut......... gauge read 33 psi spike.......... And trust me when my wastegate actuates it is very loud........... like a camaro with open headers........... What is the problem?!? I was going to swap the inlet and oulets of my MBC but it is too dark now......... Help me by tomorrow! Link to pictures of my wastegate below take note I dont have the upper nipple is not connected now, It was for the EBC controller........ Note car runs fine, boosts fast and strong........

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=193072

Last edited by AfireINSIDE; Apr 6, 2006 at 04:13 AM.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

sounds like something must not be hooked up right. I have mine hooked up to the turbo and wg directly. The bottom piece of the mbc goes to the turbo and the one on the side goes to the wga, hope that helps
Old Apr 5, 2006, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

Ok I dident recive any instructions.... so the bottom nipple to the Turbo or BOV is on the OPPOSITE side of the turn knob and the side nipple is a 90 deg from that correct? I switched where the WG line was used, I used the Top nipple not the side nipple of the Tial. This is against what other threads have said to do.... but it is holding 22 psi now and is actuating now
Old Apr 5, 2006, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good.

I just wish you wouldn't have titled the thread "Forge MBC problem," because it wasn't a problem with the Forge...just your non-standard setup. Glad it's working now...
Old Apr 6, 2006, 04:12 AM
Evolving Member

lol sorry for the record I LOVE my Forge RS BOV, and my FORGE UNOS MBC! should have titled it mbc connection problem let me see if I can edit it......

Edit: title changed, it was just I was in a hurry with greasy hands last night and needed a quick awnsers! Forge stuff I worth every penny glad you turned me onto them before!

Last edited by AfireINSIDE; Apr 6, 2006 at 04:15 AM.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 04:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In about three weeks or so, the thread will be titled "Forge MBC Problems." Trust me.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 04:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Thegame
In about three weeks or so, the thread will be titled "Forge MBC Problems." Trust me.
Boy you just don't give up! How old are you?
Old Apr 6, 2006, 04:47 AM
Evolved Member

EBC vs MBS Question

Why did you replace your EBC with an MBC? Were you having problems? I have been looking to replace my MBC with an EBC and would appreciate any idvice / help. Thanks

Chris
Old Apr 6, 2006, 05:34 AM
Evolving Member

Too complicated to adjust, to much wireing, too much B.S. By switching I now have much stronger and faster boost then with the Greddy E-01 maybe my old local tuner dident know how to adjust it but I like the forge more. If you want I will sell you the E-01! all sensors ect included, screen gauges.......