Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

help please evo boosting only 11-12 lbs

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2006, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help please evo boosting only 11-12 lbs

hey evo familiy i just bought an ev0 8 2003,couple months ago
and notice it didnt feel that fast as other
so i put an k&n intake,cat-back exhaust,hks downpipe,and race pipe(no cat).
then i decided to put a boost gauge autometer..
well to find outmy car only is pushing 11-12 lbs,
i instaaled correctly just like the directions in this webpage
I did notice that some lines from the electronic boostcontroller that comes stock on evo,the line is just running right back toit like a loop, some one help me please.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
you are running off wastegate spring only, go to your dealer and get the factory boost lines put back in
Old Apr 5, 2006, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, first off, I can't believe you bought it without making sure it was running properly. Then, I can't believe you just slapped on a bunch of mods hoping to mask it BEFORE doing a boost gauge, yet you didn't get the most important mod in this picture which would have been an MBC. However, now you see your boost and know there's a problem...well, you knew before you bought it, but now you have empirical evidence.

Raceboi is right. You are running the base wastegate pressure, which means your stock boost system is not working properly. This is probably because of the vaccuum hose routing that you mentioned, but you also have to make sure they use the EXACT OEM MITSU vaccuum hoses, otherwise it still won't work. If you would have just gotten a basic $85 MBC instead of or IN ADDITION TO those other mods, this wouldn't be a problem. So, you can have the dealer straighten it all out for you on their dime or get an MBC. Oh, one more thing...if you want the stock boost system, and Mitsu won't cover it, you can get the OEM lines from Mitsubishiparts.net for $15.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Also you should get the car flashed for the mods you added, if you already did not.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:34 PM

thanks for the help i think i will take to mits dealer,but they will charge a leg or arm,so is it abetter idea to go with an mbc,and how hard is it to install.thanks
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

just as warrtalon said, go to mitsubishiparts.net. the part number is mn143555. if u want to buy a boost controller then you wont need to buy the hose assembly!!!
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by larizevo
thanks for the help i think i will take to mits dealer,but they will charge a leg or arm,so is it abetter idea to go with an mbc,and how hard is it to install.thanks
THey shouldn't charge you anything for selling you a screwed up car that wasn't properly put together unless you didn't buy it from them.

Yes, an MBC will solve your problems while also allowing you to make more power and set your boost where you want. It's only as hard as your mechanical ability makes it. The full write-up can be found on this site by searching.