Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ECUFlash for EVO, Subaru, 3rd Gen Eclipse

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2006, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
I saw this a while back on DCEVOCLUB.com. Im glad its coming out in the open now. Keep us posted with updates and developements as they become available.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So let me get this right, all you need is an cable that runs from your obdII diag port to a laptop, software that's free -online and available with an open source code and you can adjust maf/timing/fuel figures, datalog, and directly save any settings to your ecu and if necc Revert back to factory settings w/o any traceable signs (incase we go to mitsu for warranty work?) Also will the actuator testing software be incorporated in the original program or will it be separate?

If so, when is this program coming out? And as Mitch stated, I am also local, (Chandler) and would be very glad to help out in any way possbile in testing and what not. Kudos for the amazing development and keeping it free!

Last edited by inco9nito99; Apr 11, 2006 at 08:30 AM. Reason: forgot to add q
Old Apr 11, 2006, 09:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by inco9nito99
So let me get this right, all you need is an cable that runs from your obdII diag port to a laptop, software that's free -online and available with an open source code and you can adjust maf/timing/fuel figures, datalog, and directly save any settings to your ecu and if necc Revert back to factory settings w/o any traceable signs (incase we go to mitsu for warranty work?) Also will the actuator testing software be incorporated in the original program or will it be separate?
Yes... All you would need is an interface cable that we manufacturer as we speak. Mitsubishi needs a special connector for programming to get it into programming mode, as we recieved these connectors finally from Japan, now those OBD II cables are being made with the special Mitsu program mode connectors.

We are still working on a nice editor that uses a user-GUI interface to edit your maps. But for now you can adjust fuel, timing, maf, etc using a hex editor, and flash your car. Also the way our software works, the EVO 8 has 256K of Flash memory, divided into 12 blocks. Most of all the calibration data are in block 2 and 3. So if you change something in flash block 3, and when you are ready to flash. Our software will detect what is changed, which woud be flash block 3 with the 12 blocks. Our software will only erase flash block 3, and flash your new settings in flash block 3 only without touching the other 11 Flash blocks. So flashing will only take about 5 seconds to erase and re-write Flash block 3. So you will be in and out in a snap of a finger.

Jason
Old Apr 11, 2006, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

I am surprised housedj hasn't chimed in. He has been using this software for a while now and has put down impressive #'s with the high octane fuel. I think both of his cars are flashed with this software as well as a few others.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

how much is it going to be for the cable for the 3rd gen.

shoot me a pm

thanks jay

Julio
Old Apr 11, 2006, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

+1 for beta testing
Old Apr 11, 2006, 12:20 PM

Evolution VIII has been beta tested to ****. My 2004 RS went 12.31@110.9 when I had it. It only had turbo back exhaust, a drop in filter, and a manual boost controller. It was only a 9.8 hot side. The biggest part of achieving this time was the use of good fuel and tuning with the use of our software.

We used this same software to re-scale the mass air flow of a supercharged third generation Eclipse to read just like your Evolution MAF reads your boost. The car idled flawlessly using only the stock ECU.

I will let your guys know how my IX runs when I finally tune it.

Last edited by Maxxamillion; Apr 11, 2006 at 12:23 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 01:15 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Please contact me when the programming cables and whatnot are available.. I definitely have some use for this.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 03:54 PM

wow that's good news and Im local...

Does this work for all years of the sti? 06?
Old Apr 11, 2006, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by b0ostedEV08
We are still working on a nice editor that uses a user-GUI interface to edit your maps. But for now you can adjust fuel, timing, maf, etc using a hex editor, and flash your car. Also the way our software works, the EVO 8 has 256K of Flash memory, divided into 12 blocks. Most of all the calibration data are in block 2 and 3. So if you change something in flash block 3, and when you are ready to flash. Our software will detect what is changed, which woud be flash block 3 with the 12 blocks. Our software will only erase flash block 3, and flash your new settings in flash block 3 only without touching the other 11 Flash blocks. So flashing will only take about 5 seconds to erase and re-write Flash block 3. So you will be in and out in a snap of a finger.
That sounds really good. Let me know if you need more help on the s/w development side. If you could PM me when you have the first batch of cables ready, I'd appreciate it. It would be really fun to work on this project with everyone.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

the ECUFlash works VERY WELL! i gained 43whp & 59tq over my Dynoflash!!! both my cars were prototypes for race gas & pump gas testing & they work flawlessly. no hiccups, issues or problems whatsoever. my '03 STILL currently holds the unofficial AZ record for most TORQUE with stock turbo/no cams (368ftlbs)
Old Apr 14, 2006, 01:31 AM
Evolving Member

will this work on IX's as well?
Old Apr 14, 2006, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

damn sweet!!open source tuning needs a little warning tho:definitely not for beginners whose looking to make quick power and be hasty.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 06:54 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Any chance you guys can get me something to test out? Not so much as a Beta tester, but to build a few base maps for the software?
Old Apr 14, 2006, 09:14 AM

Definetly interested in this as well. If you could PM me when the cable is available and the price, I would appreciate it.

Quick Reply: ECUFlash for EVO, Subaru, 3rd Gen Eclipse