Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ECUFlash for EVO, Subaru, 3rd Gen Eclipse

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2006, 08:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mivecless
This guy's real name is Jamarr. Some alias are Jay, and evidently now Jason. After this post, he will likely change his name once again. Do not trust this guy. Ripped off some Evo owners across the country on reflashes. They got flashed and ended up running slower.

A guy that comes across as a normal Evo owner just like us actually owns a company in arizona mlinkpro.com.

If a guy represents himself in such a manner, where he is actually trying to sell you a products from him company without telling you who he represents, that should be a red flag to run away. You have been warned.
for real?
Old Apr 18, 2006, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's easy enough to verify if what he's doing is legit if the source code is made available, which b0ostedEV08 indicated was his intent. I've tried to contact him directly, but I'm waiting on a PM reply...

d
Old Apr 18, 2006, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

This guy's real name is Jamarr. Some alias are Jay, and evidently now Jason. After this post, he will likely change his name once again. Do not trust this guy. Ripped off some Evo owners across the country on reflashes. They got flashed and ended up running slower.

A guy that comes across as a normal Evo owner just like us actually owns a company in arizona mlinkpro.com.

If a guy represents himself in such a manner, where he is actually trying to sell you a products from him company without telling you who he represents, that should be a red flag to run away. You have been warned.
What the hell are you talking about? I've known Jay for over a year now and have been with him since pretty much the beginning of Mynes Performance and he has never screwed anybody, in fact, quite the contrary. Of all the tuners I have met, he is far and away the most stand up guy you will meet and he always goes the extra distance to get **** handled for you.

Who cares what his real name is and what he wants to go by. My real name is Pewaubek, you think I go by Reid to try and trick people?
Old Apr 18, 2006, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by donour
It's easy enough to verify if what he's doing is legit if the source code is made available, which b0ostedEV08 indicated was his intent. I've tried to contact him directly, but I'm waiting on a PM reply...

d
He's a pretty busy guy so your best bet to contact him directly is just to call him. Or you could try to email him through the website at www.mynesperformance.com .
Old Apr 18, 2006, 09:51 AM
Account Disabled

If the product is free (open source), then how can you be ripped off? My alias is mwbmw and my real name is Mike... Jay and I own Mynes Performance here in Mesa, Az. What is your real name, Mr. Mivecless?

Before Jay opened the shop, he had purchased Tech Tom and had reflashed some cars during his trip back to Florida. He did some reflashes and only charged $200 for a road tune at the time. One of the guys added some stuff to his car and took it to a local tuner for another tune instead of giving Jay a chance to retune... then that guy started bad mouthing Jay on the forum and amongst his friends. And shortly after the shop was opened in May of last year, Mynes Performance mailed him a money order and gave him a full refund. Now if you feel like you have been "ripped off" by Jay previously, then u should contact him and resolve this like personally.

A lot of work and effort went into developing this software, and this would not have been available without mutual cooperation by many parties (Colby, Jay, myself, etc). We didn't want to disclose the source b/c 1) the cables are still in production and the sw cannot work w/o it; 2) we don't want to claim all the credit b/c we are not the only party involved; 3) we don't want all the traffic on our site at this time (not to mention all the emails and PM's asking the same questions).

In his original post, Jay didn't say that this product was ready 100% (the sw is, but the hardware is not). He only wanted inform the evo community that this product is forth-coming (many in AZ -especially the Phx area - are aware of this fact and have had beta testing done on their cars). Once the all the pieces to the puzzle are in place, then a formal announcement will be made.

Cheers.
Mike
Old Apr 18, 2006, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

then we can nominate you guys to be Evom Gurus
Old Apr 18, 2006, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

WTF This Guy
Old Apr 25, 2006, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

this is perhaps the best development I've heard of on this forum. Please keep us updated on where to purchase this interface/adapter. I will signup right now if the price is right.
Old Apr 25, 2006, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Subscribed
Old Apr 25, 2006, 03:03 PM
Rnm
Evolved Member

Very interesting, can't wait to see how this turns out..
Old Apr 25, 2006, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Subscribed! (first ever, hahah) This is freaking awesome for cheap bastards like myself. I can't wait to get my hands on this! Of course I still need a laptop... And well, I don't know how to tune yet. But I will learn damnit! You guys rock!
Old Apr 25, 2006, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

Count me in
Old Apr 25, 2006, 03:41 PM

subscribed
Old Apr 25, 2006, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

This should make things very interesting in the Evo ECU flashing business. Sign me up!

l8r)
Old Apr 25, 2006, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

I'm very interested!!!

Quick Reply: ECUFlash for EVO, Subaru, 3rd Gen Eclipse