Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Vishnu vs Buschur and Al.......I LOSE!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2006 | 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoTio
Your thread title is inviting trouble. As for running 110 octane on your 93 octane map, you are defintely not getting the most out of your car. The A/F ratio can be leaner, and your boost level can be upped to run better with the higher octane.
+1000
Old Apr 11, 2006 | 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

it doesn't matter who tuned who... your car should be faster but it is not. Obviously your tune needs some improvement. Even with a "safe" tune you should be trapping 114 or over. I suggest getting something like MAFTpro so you don't have to depend on other people everytime you add/change something.
Old Apr 11, 2006 | 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Btw, smoked, I was assuming you raised the boost when adding the 110. Did you not even do that? There's no reason to toss in 110 if you're not raising the boost. You definitely won't run as well with 110 with no change in AFRs or boost unless your pump gas tune is already knock prone and pulling timing. You'll be rocking out after you get the meth tune, because it will have the AFRs and boost optimized for max power. I expect 115+ traps.
Old Apr 11, 2006 | 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Yeah, you just see the Vishnu guys responding. It's not full of Buschur/Dynoflash guys taking the opportunity to jump on something that isn't really there.

Smokedmustang, believe me, your mods are fine and could run 11s all day, especially on race gas, but everything needs to be put together properly, the tune needs to be right, and the driving needs to be superb. Even your buddy ran a good bit slower than expected for his mods, so this isn't an example of Shiv vs Buschur really. It's just you not being a big drag racer, and your buddy driving a little bit better. No biggie. I know the guys don't want me to reference the time in my sig.
Good input. I agree. I think we should have switched cars and tried it again. I will do that next time, and report back. The launch control deal sounded cool coming off his car!!
Old Apr 11, 2006 | 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joeymia
it doesn't matter who tuned who... your car should be faster but it is not. Obviously your tune needs some improvement. Even with a "safe" tune you should be trapping 114 or over. I suggest getting something like MAFTpro so you don't have to depend on other people everytime you add/change something.
I never heard ot the MAFTpro. I had this tune in JULY, and didn't add anything but the HKS DLIII. thats it.
Old Apr 11, 2006 | 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Btw, smoked, I was assuming you raised the boost when adding the 110. Did you not even do that? There's no reason to toss in 110 if you're not raising the boost. You definitely won't run as well with 110 with no change in AFRs or boost unless your pump gas tune is already knock prone and pulling timing. You'll be rocking out after you get the meth tune, because it will have the AFRs and boost optimized for max power. I expect 115+ traps.
Sweet with the Meth power...................but..........a.....No I didn't do squat to the boost tables. By next tuesday, I will put race gas in, and flip the 110 leaded map Shiv did a while ago. I will see what he does at the Dyno at the end of the month. Dyno, then the following Tuesday, DRag with the same guy, and we will trade cars for a pass or 2!
Old Apr 11, 2006 | 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

I dont know...look and assess the whole picture...the guy just telling his observation.. only fanatic people would start such flame.
Originally Posted by Eclipsed Evo
I agree. The only thing this thread is going to do is start a flame war once again.
Old Apr 11, 2006 | 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

let me get this straight...

1. you changed a bunch of things on your car, didn't get a retune to optimize the changes.

2. you are not that great at dragracing.

3. you race a friend who could be a faster driver than you

4. your friend's tune IS optimized for his mods

5. you think it is because of your flash?

I think you need to get reflashed.
Old Apr 11, 2006 | 07:15 PM
EvoM Administrator

I can bring this to light pretty easily.

I tuned that pump map on your car, Kevin (or tried) at Dyno4mance last year. The carbon clutch you had at the time was slipping like crazy, so in the end, we actually backed your car off to 304whp and reduced the boost, because the midrange torque was overwhelming that fried (or misinstalled) clutch. Its a super conservative tune, with low boost, conservative timing, and rich fueling.

I assume you've got the clutch problem rectified now?

When Shiv remaps your car on pump gas and methanol at the STL dyno day, it will do a lot better (provided you have the clutch problem fixed).

As others have said, adding race gas to an already conservative pump tune without increasing timing, leaning the fueling, and/or raising the boost will not make the power the car could.

Try again post dyno day and post results!
Old Apr 11, 2006 | 07:17 PM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
Sweet with the Meth power...................but..........a.....No I didn't do squat to the boost tables. By next tuesday, I will put race gas in, and flip the 110 leaded map Shiv did a while ago. I will see what he does at the Dyno at the end of the month. Dyno, then the following Tuesday, DRag with the same guy, and we will trade cars for a pass or 2!
DO NOT!!!
With the TME, the boost will be a lot higher. Just use the pump map you're using until Shiv can remap the car. I had to reduce your boost tables when the car first came in the dyno since you had changed the turbo.
Old Apr 11, 2006 | 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

Set it on fire and call it quits.
Old Apr 11, 2006 | 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

Looks to me that you don't have 'tons' more mods than dude. I mean, suspension here, fuel pump there, but come on. How many times did you run? Who's the better driver?
Old Apr 11, 2006 | 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Running leaded race gas on a pump gas map will kill power. It'll run too rich and even misfire at times up top. It is not unusual to see a 15-30whp loss in this situation. Rerun the car on pump gas and she how she does.

If you want to run race gas, make sure you are running a race gas map. This is especially true if you want to run leaded race gas. Because to make power that that stuff, you *need* to lean out your fuel map in a big way. As well as add in a few degrees of timing and as much boost as you can give it (with stock turbo). But frankly, we don't even recommend leaded gas as it is too hard on the ignition system. Best gas we've found so far for all-around use is MS109 unleaded.

A TME set-up, tuned for race gas, will trap in the 116-118mph range. Maybe another mph or two with a big fat spray of meth.

-shiv

Last edited by shiv@vishnu; Apr 11, 2006 at 07:28 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2006 | 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

P.S. I'm not sure if it's been posted, but hypothetically Warrtalon crushes the both of you. lol I'm not sackriding, merely comparing 'mods and times'

Which, BTW, is 100% due to YMMV
Old Apr 11, 2006 | 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Noize
DO NOT!!!
With the TME, the boost will be a lot higher. Just use the pump map you're using until Shiv can remap the car. I had to reduce your boost tables when the car first came in the dyno since you had changed the turbo.
Thanks alot Noize!! Yes my clutch was MESSED UP!! I still love the tune for "track-days" I might be back down there for the tune on the 3rd day, if My alky kit is not back by then. Maybe I should have posted this AFTER the tune. I was just making a casual observation. I guess I mess it up by putting in the race gas. I would admit that the tune I got down there, was not the best BECAUSE my clutch was falling apart, and the Meth kit was wired wrong!!!! I should have aborted the dyno then, I guess. we will see how it turns out next month, or end of this one in K.C. so this thread holds no water now. as I am NOT squeezing all the power out that I could. Close this thread so we dont confuse some kids watching in!!! My bad.

I will re-re report this in a month, stay tuned!

Quick Reply: Vishnu vs Buschur and Al.......I LOSE!!!