Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Clutch That Can Handle 600whp

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2006, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks guys...how much is the act extreme?
Old Apr 17, 2006, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kuba23
good luck with that one on the street haha ..... Besides the noise and how harsh it is on the tranny and t case Ill stick with a 3500 tilton that i have on my car now ... BTW if u want an ACT clutch i had it on my car for 1500 miles ill let it go for 250 bucks
Ummmmm I just had to adjust clutch pedal it feels damn near stock to me. Maybe cause i work out...yeah its a little stiffer...but its not far off from stock. I dont 1\4 mile car anymore..well not until i get higher miles. I am retired . Noise? Its as quiet as the stock and is going to be more quiet than any twin - triple disk.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by djevoawhp
thanks guys...how much is the act extreme?
http://ttp-engineering.com/

he can get you the act extreme clutch and act 13lb flywheel for 805. If your flywheel is in great condition which most of the time it isnt and most dont recomend resurfacing. You can resurface but id rather not. Id do both
Old Apr 17, 2006, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jesterEVO
http://ttp-engineering.com/

he can get you the act extreme clutch and act 13lb flywheel for 805. If your flywheel is in great condition which most of the time it isnt and most dont recomend resurfacing. You can resurface but id rather not. Id do both
damn thats a reasonable price compared to the exedy twin plate for $1500. Can save money to build up the t-case.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ElAnCeR
damn thats a reasonable price compared to the exedy twin plate for $1500. Can save money to build up the t-case.
Yup save up for that T case couse u will definetelly will need to rebuild it with any ACT CLUTCH they are HARSH period..... Save up and get the best TILTON carbon to carbon !!!! the only clutch u will ever buy i seen a used TILTON sell for 2500 bucks thats how strong they are
Old Apr 17, 2006, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

harsh? what are your sources? I imagine every clutch is hard on the evo xfer case
Old Apr 17, 2006, 04:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Well the most popular ACT clutch is our street clutch, and they are certainly not "harsh" by any means. I don't remember Turbotrix having big problems with their t-case using our race clutch either. Tilton carbon/carbon is awesome though IMO, especially for road racing because of the super light weight package. I am not a big fan of their metallic or metallic/organic versions. That's just my opinon though.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

Yup save up for that T case couse u will definetelly will need to rebuild it with any ACT CLUTCH they are HARSH period..... Save up and get the best TILTON carbon to carbon !!!! the only clutch u will ever buy i seen a used TILTON sell for 2500 bucks thats how strong they are
Harsh because of the heavier spring ?

Common sense tells me any clutch that's gonna hold considerably more than stock power will be harsh on the drivetrain. The alternative will be a slipping clutch one that cannot handle the additional power.
What's harsh on the drivetrain is dumping your clutch at max or near max power when drag racing.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

good luck with that one on the street haha ..... Besides the noise and how harsh it is on the tranny and t case Ill stick with a 3500 tilton that i have on my car now ... BTW if u want an ACT clutch i had it on my car for 1500 miles ill let it go for 250 bucks

Hey queer-bait, when you bringin that heap to PA so I can shoot it and post in on my webpage?

Anyways,to the guy asking about the clutch:

LB-FT torque rating is irrelevant unless you decided what you want to do with the car and the clutch. If you are going to need it to last a long time, grab consistently and be able to DRIVE the car, then an ACT is not recomened nor is a single disk.

If that is the case any of the carbon/steel or if you have the money, carbon/carbon clutch is essential. I have a Cusco Carbon Twin Disk, and I have (knocks on wood) a butt-kicked set of abusive miles coming in at 45000 now. It worked for me, but

Twin Disks are noisey and most pull style clutches are prone to breakage.

The truth is, if you want a clutch that will take a helluva lot of abuse and is cheaper than the rest, ACT is the card to play. If you want the best of the best, tilton c/c is the best there is, bar none. Every weak link is compensated for.

Drag racing, road racing and street driving all have different demands, and so does your wallet. There are hundreds of options for clutches out there, so bit by bit you should chip away at the block. Best of luck.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 05:37 PM

exedy twin
Old Apr 17, 2006, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

not everyone can throw 2500 in for a clutch :-p i wouldnt do that unless i devoted my car full time to drag with some daily driving...or if i had 500+hp. id do the act extreme...send your xfer case to TRE make it stronger for 350+ shipping and be happy :-p
Old Apr 17, 2006, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Tilton Twin Cerma = $1,500, holds 600TQ, converts to push instead of pull, nuff' said.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

how much are you gusy paying for a clutch install? Thanks...
Old Apr 17, 2006, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Tilton.

Last edited by sleet; May 9, 2006 at 10:07 AM.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 10:42 AM

niceee