Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Another Stupid Exhaust Tread ... need some opions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2006, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation! Vegas!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Stupid Exhaust Tread ... need some opions

Hey guys ... I have been looking at exhaust systems for my IX and have it down to a couple of choices:

1) The HKS Carbon/ Ti .... I love how this looks and how its angled, I know it make pretty good power as well

2) The RNR Turbo Back with Carbon/Ti Muffler .... I have heard good things and bad things about the RNR exhaust systems. According to RNR the fitment issuse have been fixed on the new systems and dont hang as low

3) GReddy Ti .... I like the look, I know it makes good power, but i heard its loud.

So here is my planned set up after exhaust:

Bushur DP, Cat Delete, 20G, Ported Man, O2 housing, Intercooler & piping, Intake, Dynoflash tune. I would just get the Buschur exhaust but I really dont like how it looks imo.

Now here is where I need your opions ... Which exhaust would you get and why? The RNR is really hard to beat for $699 for the turboback ...it would also save me from having to get the DP and catdelte later on. I know the reg HKS will be quality as well as the GReddy .... I know the Greddy will be better for power over the HKS .... there are like 5 different ways to go ...

Thanks for any help.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Yes the Greddy is loud, but makes the most power.

The HKS is cool looking but a rip off. Average performace..

RnR is prolly your best bet out of these. Average perfomance, average looks, average price.. Well balanced in other words...

I personally am going with the BR turbo back w/ the new bullet muffler, it looks similar to stock, makes good power, and has a decent price. I really just like the look of it, for some reason i can't justify the reasoning of putting a huge loud rice cannon on my Evo, I think the car is more elligant than that..
Old Apr 20, 2006, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
The Buschur will make great power.....if its looks you want you will really have to look elsewhere.

The Buschur looks really close to stock which is another reason I like it. I would also try and find soundclips of each of the exhausts so you can get a comparison and find which one suites you best.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Ive heard the HKS and The Greddy in person they both sound great ... I really like the GReddy, but I know once you add the DP and Cat delete its gong to be too loud
Old Apr 20, 2006, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by M3this
Ive heard the HKS and The Greddy in person they both sound great ... I really like the GReddy, but I know once you add the DP and Cat delete its gong to be too loud
Yes the greddy will be way too loud, but some people like that. The HKS sounds and looks great (for a rice cannon), performs again.. Average... BUT to me the price just doesn't justify it.

If I wasn't in this weird stage where i like stockish looking exhaust, and if i had the money to throw away i would get the HKS myself.. But in all reality, if the new Bullet Muffler from BR wasn't on the table, i would be getting Megan TBE; again if money fell into my hands i would pick up the HKS carbon/TI.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

DO you think the RNR is crapy? or better when compared with the HKS ?
Old Apr 20, 2006, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

I got the greddy ti i dont find it to be that load it makes great power low end and top end i dont get any better then that cat back right there. Is it worth the money hell yea. Ive had mine for year plus no rust or dings very easy to clean and maintain. Super Street last year or the year before did a review of all cat back's out at the time with all big names like jic , hks and about 18 others and the cat back that layed the most power was the greddy ti as just the cat back with out test pipe and downpipe and once with d/p and t/p it still make more power. Here what i was told when buying this why get something thats going to be ok somewhat good looking when you can get the best and when it comes to something that is going to be on your car for the rest of the car life you want to get a part that is going to outlast the life of your car. I think that was what i was told by the shop owner if i recall right.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Yea Im not worried about the parts not lasting....

I just really wanted to know if there is a REAL reason to pick up the HKS or Greddy catback system over the RNR system.