Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing ready to"Attack"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2006, 08:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The absolute number one reason we built this car was to shut mouths about "drag racing this and that." Now that it is built it is becoming a serious addiction, it is much more fun to be challenged by a 20 minute datalog and tuning than it is 7 second of WOT on a drag pass.

D. Buschur

^^^^^Finally, my prayers have been answered :-) The Evo is a rally and road race car, NOT a drag car. I've never understood the overwhelming obsession with drag racing and power on this board vs. suspension and overall balance.
Old Apr 24, 2006, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember seeing pictures a while back with your signature exhaust but it looks like you've got something new on there now. What did you decide to go with?? Custom 3"?
Old Apr 24, 2006, 08:54 AM
Former Sponsor

All I ask from a shock is when I change a setting the car feels diferent..(sometimes worse sometimes better...lol) the car went from tight before the last session took out .02 degrees rear camber.a slight toe adjustment and added 2 clicks bump took out 10 degrees of rebound ans the car loosened right up..(the little wiggle mentioned befor,,hehehehe
Old Apr 24, 2006, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lbcevo
The absolute number one reason we built this car was to shut mouths about "drag racing this and that." Now that it is built it is becoming a serious addiction, it is much more fun to be challenged by a 20 minute datalog and tuning than it is 7 second of WOT on a drag pass.

D. Buschur

^^^^^Finally, my prayers have been answered :-) The Evo is a rally and road race car, NOT a drag car. I've never understood the overwhelming obsession with drag racing and power on this board vs. suspension and overall balance.
Its because its cheap/easy/cheap to drag race. You cannot deny that the car is excellent in both venues. i LOVE to road race, and wish i could afford to do it.

but power, you can use in all kinds of ways.....like stomping a$$ on the interstate, no balance needed for that. (disclaimer: on closed course only)

again, if i could do either, and money was no option....id be at the track everyweekend on 255 hoosiers and a 20g-9 doin it up.
Old Apr 24, 2006, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

Sounds like a fun time. I love Mid Ohio its great its only 45 minutes from home as its one of the best tracks in the US.

Robi to bad you did not run there before, I would have liked to see your thoughts on the new pavement.
Old Apr 24, 2006, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation! Vegas!
Damn guys that time is quick when you put it in perspective with how long the course is!
Old Apr 24, 2006, 10:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sccavee
Sounds like a fun time. I love Mid Ohio its great its only 45 minutes from home as its one of the best tracks in the US.

Robi to bad you did not run there before, I would have liked to see your thoughts on the new pavement.
The new surface is smooth BUT hard to get ahold of.. before the bumps determined the entry and exit "settings on the suspension..either way give me a day at a track and we'll get the car stuck or supple depending on what is the fastest way around the track....you aught to see some of the picts we got..car transfering so much weight we're almost picking up the inside tires (only about 1/3 still balancing the car....like it was on rails these KW race Varient 3's double adjustables really did what was expected of them..no fade either, (and yes I was worried with the power and Grip of this car) the car was as fast at the end of the session as the start.....
Old Apr 24, 2006, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gsujeff55
Its because its cheap/easy/cheap to drag race. You cannot deny that the car is excellent in both venues. i LOVE to road race, and wish i could afford to do it.

but power, you can use in all kinds of ways.....like stomping a$$ on the interstate, no balance needed for that. (disclaimer: on closed course only)

again, if i could do either, and money was no option....id be at the track everyweekend on 255 hoosiers and a 20g-9 doin it up.

Or you could live in the south like me and ther are NO GOOD tracks withing 750 miles!! Sorta limits your choices.
Old Apr 24, 2006, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Very nice looking Evo! Now this is what we need more of.

l8r)
Old Apr 24, 2006, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by robi
All I ask from a shock is when I change a setting the car feels diferent..(sometimes worse sometimes better...lol) the car went from tight before the last session took out .02 degrees rear camber.a slight toe adjustment and added 2 clicks bump took out 10 degrees of rebound ans the car loosened right up..(the little wiggle mentioned befor,,hehehehe
Robi, ".02 degrees rear camber" (1/50"), or is it .2, or 2mm? You could breath on it and change it .02. Just giving you a hard time.

Will you be driving at Beaver in a few weeks?

Dave
Old Apr 24, 2006, 01:03 PM
Former Sponsor

put the . in the wrong spot..0.2...yeah beaver creek here I come...anyone got a fast limited car...Dave doesn't want to run his RS...and I NEED the Seat time at Beaverun...
Old Apr 24, 2006, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Maybe saturday Robi, I'll be living in the Evo if I'm not home for Mothers day. I already brought her to VIR on our anniversary last year.

Bill
Old Apr 24, 2006, 04:05 PM
Former Sponsor

37.5........... that not bad..

It will be a good contender at the CMP shootout in the STREET CAR class.........
Old Apr 24, 2006, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Great job guys!
Old Apr 24, 2006, 09:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The track, the way we ran it, is a 2.4 mile course with 15 turns, or atleast I am assuming that was the layout. The other layout they have is without the chicane and is a 13 turn course. 2.4 miles and 15 turns in 1:37 seconds, nice.
David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
damn you know if you would have come on here and said a 1:32 i would have given you some props but a 37 what happened?

Last edited by GregGSC; Apr 24, 2006 at 10:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing ready to"Attack"