Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing ready to"Attack"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2006, 03:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The track, the way we ran it, is a 2.4 mile course with 15 turns, or atleast I am assuming that was the layout. The other layout they have is without the chicane and is a 13 turn course. 2.4 miles and 15 turns in 1:37 seconds, nice.

The car has multiple codes from the ABS and such. We knew this going into the race but ran out of time doing the car the last minute this week.

We will be fixing the ABS and probably just remove the ACD. Install an '04 RS t-case they work killer.

The cars set up:

Complete Buschur Racing Stages 1-4, including the race FMIC, 880cc injectors, Revolver cams and the AEM EMS.

Also: BR20g-9-5 turbo, ported coated manifold, ported coated 10.5 hotside, coated SS 02 housing. Buschur Racing Stage 3 shortblock (2 liter) and Stage 3 head. Ported stock intake manifold and our 65 mm throttle body. BR coil on plug ignition. ATL fuel cell with a BR high pressure intake pump, -6 lines to and from cell. BR adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

We dyno'd the car at 25 psi of boost and made 378 whp and 420 ft lbs of torque. This was on 110 octane fuel. The car has a ton of power in it. The car is basically set up exactly like my personal daily driven EVO RS with the exception of the fuel cell and special high pressure pump. My RS made 449 whp and 502 ft lbs, this was at a peak boost of 32 psi and on C16 fuel. Needless to say there is a TON left in the Time Attack car.

Suspension on the Time Attack car is all Robispec'd. KW racing coil overs. Front and rear sway bars, DC titanium front strut bar, anti bump rear bushings, control arm bushings, Stop Tech 335 mm front brakes, stainless steel brake lines.

Any questions feel free to ask. EVERY part on the car is available to YOU guys, nothing "special" has been used.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
i think those 10" wheels are special :] but that's cuz i like wide wheels.
Old Apr 25, 2006, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
To the GSC guys, had either of you been at the track running faster than we did I would respect something either of you had to say........since you are sitting at your desk just typing I can only find what you type comical.

As for the exhaust, it is our 3" turbo back, we just moved the muffler back and tucked the tubing up to the floor of the car so we can flat floor the back of the car later.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 25, 2006, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the GSC guys, had either of you been at the track running faster than we did I would respect something either of you had to say........since you are sitting at your desk just typing I can only find what you type comical.

As for the exhaust, it is our 3" turbo back, we just moved the muffler back and tucked the tubing up to the floor of the car so we can flat floor the back of the car later.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
I am pretty sure Leh has been to Mid Ohio .
Old Apr 25, 2006, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jj_008
I am pretty sure Leh has been to Mid Ohio .
Uh, ya think
Old Apr 25, 2006, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Well he wasn't there this weekend and this weekend is when we ran.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 25, 2006, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
So that dimisses someone's years of racing there
Old Apr 25, 2006, 07:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by meanmud
So that dimisses someone's years of racing there

When you come into someones thread acting arrogant it tends to rub people the wrong way. It was the FIRST time the car has been out and it was Robi's FIRST time at Mid-Ohio.

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.
Old Apr 25, 2006, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Arrogance?

I wrote: Ya think? & Questioned why David dismissed someone’s opinion that has years of experience there.

You may want to place that blame closer to someone else -

Also, I jumped in because I am interested in any evo involved in road racing
Old Apr 25, 2006, 08:01 AM
Evolving Member

Always an armchair engineer, expert or know it all that has to put their big mouth into the arena Gee Mr GSC. Everyone can wait and see what the BR MR does. But it will be a great racing series this year. And expect the BR entries to be at the top of the charts and results column. If not setting new unheard of records for different tracks.
Old Apr 25, 2006, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Leh likes to smack talk a bit, and generally can back it up. Don't be so defensive. You guys (not Robi) are new to the sport, so you're gonna get some grief, especially if you do well.
Old Apr 25, 2006, 08:15 AM

Well well well, looks like the Muellerized Evo is going to have some EVO competition. The car looks great guys and thumbs up on completing your first full day of shake downs!!!

The weight doesn't suprise me. You're pretty much where we're at(with the car empty) I'm not sure who has the heavier ***, me or Fuller, but from what I've heard at the track we're both a couple of fat asses. You CAN take more weight out obviously but I'm curious to know if your actually planning on eventually road racing your car or are you going to focus on time attacks? We obviously have taken the road race path but alas it's now neccessarily for everyone. We "time attacked" our race car a few months back pretty much just for ****s and giggles. Did okay, came in second behind a time attack tuned/prepped Skyline driven by a orange haired Japanese hotshoe. Came away from that thinking "Maybe we should build us a dedicated "time attack" Evo..." but, well, you know how that goes, you gotta pick your battles...

David, we sold your old trailer just yesterday. It wasn't on the market but Mueller was made an unsolisited offer he couldn't refuse. Now we're looking for another one. We need more storage space, wanna haul three cars, more this and that... but it served us well while we had it!!!

Good Luck to you guys whatever you decide to do, time attack or road racing.

-Kent
Old Apr 25, 2006, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
When you come into someones thread acting arrogant it tends to rub people the wrong way. It was the FIRST time the car has been out and it was Robi's FIRST time at Mid-Ohio.

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.
I think the time is pretty decent for the first time the car has been out and the first time Robi has been there. Mid Ohio is a tough track to learn and takes some laps.

And like Robi said with a little more time the car had much more in it. It should be down in the low 1.30's with the setup just based on what a standard T1 Zo6 runs.
Old Apr 25, 2006, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Maybe you should let LEH drive the car and put his money where his mouth is.

I bet he didn't fair much better his first time to "that" track, but then again, he probably wasn't in a prepped Evo his first time out either.

...and yes, Leh talks a mad game.
Old Apr 25, 2006, 09:59 AM
Former Sponsor

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
no were weren't there this weekend. why? we at the Grand AM Rolex race at VIR. If you would have seen it, which you didn't do to the TT. Leh started 15th and got out of the car in 2nd. Not to bad when your racing with all pro drivers. that should be all the backup we need. and if you make it to sebring or the Road A time attack, im sorry to say but we are going to embarrass you.

Last edited by GregGSC; Apr 25, 2006 at 10:12 AM.
Old Apr 25, 2006, 10:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sccavee
I think the time is pretty decent for the first time the car has been out and the first time Robi has been there. Mid Ohio is a tough track to learn and takes some laps.

And like Robi said with a little more time the car had much more in it. It should be down in the low 1.30's with the setup just based on what a standard T1 Zo6 runs.

7 seconds is a Loooooooong way.....

and yes... i like to playfully ruffle some feathers....

IMO you need to be about 2 or 3 seconds faster then T1 record..... if you wanna win.....

a 37.5 is slower then T2 record.........

the CHICANE is about 1.5 to 2 seconds...... ALSO the new pavement will help with time.. i havent drivin the track with new pavement... but it can ONLY help... 1 to 2 seconds most likely.....

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing ready to"Attack"