Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Has anyone tried those $199 Ebay TBE's?

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2006, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FWIW many people that are using the "EBay O2 Housing" have the same unit that is sold by some other more expensive retailers. Granted the O2 housing is slightly less complex than the TBE but as the above posters said it is a pipe other than the muffler.

If you have the money to spend on a "name brand" exhaust then do it.
you may have more piece of mind and more respect from other people because you spent more. If these things do not matter to you, buy the SSAutochrome exhaust.

As far as the IC goes, it is more complex and more risky to use.

Your instinct is correct to ask for other's experience as your immediate problem may be how it fits.
Old May 1, 2006, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
thanks for all the info. Does anyone have pics of this system installed on their EVO? I'm a little concerned about the muffler angle...

i'll take a couple pics and post em up
Old May 1, 2006, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Heck, if I already didn't purchase the Megan TBE I would have gone this route had it been available. Like already mentioned, pipe is pipe and for $200, why not? It would be really sweet if it came with a resonated cat delete and a silencer for the exhaust.
Old May 1, 2006, 06:29 PM
Account Disabled

Do they sell just the downpipe, I have a buddy that this would probably work nicely for...
Old May 1, 2006, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

I have 2 friends with this exhaust....... they both love it the fitment is great on both 2003-2005 evo's. The weld quality is also great perfect welds
Old May 1, 2006, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

i just put on the intercooler from ssautochrome. bought it with the LICP for $130. since i already had the LICP, i didn't use the one supplied.
fitment wasn't that great. the holes on the intercooler for the top bracket were not alligned and i was only able to bolt up one bolt. the other two bottom ones fit fine.
i also had to cut up an extra stock intercooler coupler to make it fit with my UR LICP.
other than that, it looks great, and i DEFINATLY felt the power up top. it was cheap and very well worth it.
however, i fell bad because i am screwing over a vendor.
Old May 1, 2006, 08:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by elhalisf
i just put on the intercooler from ssautochrome. bought it with the LICP for $130. since i already had the LICP, i didn't use the one supplied.
fitment wasn't that great. the holes on the intercooler for the top bracket were not alligned and i was only able to bolt up one bolt. the other two bottom ones fit fine.
i also had to cut up an extra stock intercooler coupler to make it fit with my UR LICP.
other than that, it looks great, and i DEFINATLY felt the power up top. it was cheap and very well worth it.
however, i fell bad because i am screwing over a vendor.
Any dyno sheet??
Old May 1, 2006, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

I have the ssautopower TBE and its actually pretty nice, welds are near perfect, fitment is dead on.
just look at my mods in my signature, not to bad
Old May 1, 2006, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Can you guys post the pictures of the TBE installed on the car and are there any sound clips?
Old May 2, 2006, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd purchase a flex section. Without one, the DP bolts will keep coming lose or it will crack. Its not a matter of if it will crack, its just a matter of when.
Old May 2, 2006, 06:27 AM
Evolving Member

Really, 9-10 months of being on my car have not had to tighten once and have no signs of cracking. Shouldn't the rubber hangers help avoid this........
Old May 2, 2006, 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

Just remember not to long ago people were bashing the now famous ebay o2 housing. I have heard some complaints about the ssautocrome header cracking. But I have also read the same complaints about all the others. So for the money go for it. I have the Megan stuff and when I got it everybody was saying the same thing they are now saying about the ssauto stuff. It boils down to this if the price is right and it works that's all that matters it could be made on mars for all I care.
Old May 2, 2006, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO8emUp
I'd purchase a flex section. Without one, the DP bolts will keep coming lose or it will crack. Its not a matter of if it will crack, its just a matter of when.
get stiffer motor mounts
Old May 2, 2006, 06:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ohio-evo
Just remember not to long ago people were bashing the now famous ebay o2 housing. I have heard some complaints about the ssautocrome header cracking. But I have also read the same complaints about all the others. So for the money go for it. I have the Megan stuff and when I got it everybody was saying the same thing they are now saying about the ssauto stuff. It boils down to this if the price is right and it works that's all that matters it could be made on mars for all I care.
Spoken like a true champ!!!!! Thank You
Old May 3, 2006, 12:04 AM

would this fit an 06?

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried those $199 Ebay TBE's?