Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

RnR (Daily Driver) HITS THE DYNO!!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2006, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im running the 37r kit from them and at 30psi its only hitting 65% injector duty on 1000cc injectors..... so i dunno., Ryan man good luck on the power of this car. ITS GONNA BE A MONSTER

PJ
Old May 9, 2006, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

This is the first time I have ever heard someone say our turbo kits are "far from impressive". Anyone who has an RnR Kit knows you aren't going to make anymore power with a different kit if you have the same turbo. This thread is about our car and the stages it is going through.
Old May 9, 2006, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

PJ, I can't wait to see your car and the final numbers once you get it tuned. Let me know if you still need that 2.4
Old May 9, 2006, 01:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TrinaBabe
And the duty cycle can show over 100% because that is what it is attempting to do. Technically you will not be making the car any richer at that point because the injectors are static.
correct, but as a tuner you should know that 100% duty cycle is always on injection... adding more pulse width wont add more fuel, thus going to 130% is silly. you should also know that controlability falls once you approach 80-85% Duty cycle (and less depending on engine speed) as the injectors have a turn on time and a turn off time.
Old May 9, 2006, 02:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by pjsevo8
Im running the 37r kit from them and at 30psi its only hitting 65% injector duty on 1000cc injectors.....
That's because your engine management does not alter the factory injector drivers.

The problem here is the RNR car is running an AEM EMS. The injectors EVERYONE is using is a low impedance injector. The AEM EMS comes equipped for a lower performance, high impedance injector (go figure). This creates a mismatch, which apparently slows the injector response time. The end result is decreased effective fuel flow. This is why virtually every AEM EMS user reports having to use abnormally large injectors, which constitutes a band-aid fix at best.

The correct fix is a $300 low impedance injector driver box offered by AEM. When the RNR car is fitted with this driver box, it should remedy the situation, and the 1000s should suffice . . .easily.
Old May 9, 2006, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by denolloyd
After a few weeks of buying parts, installation, and tuning, my car is finally done. All I have to say is this combination feels so perfect. I have the following:

03 Evo 46k Miles
RNR GT35R Turbo Kit
HKS 280 Cams
Upgraded Front Mount Intercooler
PTE 880 Injectors
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
SMC Alky Kit
3" TBE
Greddy Profec B
Greddy Type S Blow Off Valve
Cone Style Filter
Wide Band, Boost, and Oil Pressure Guages
Factory ECU flashed by John from Jestrtuning

At 19 PSI the car made 361 HP. We then cranked up the boost with a little meth (pretty much the same tune) and made 471 HP at 32 PSI.
471 from 32 psi isnt spectacular by any means......

Originally Posted by EvO6-RS2
I also have an RnR GT3076 kit..just ordered my .63 5-Bolt housing from ATP after discussing it with ATP...results in a few weeks (building my motor now..so I have to break-in the motor 1000 mile and then tune).

When I spoke with ATP they told me that Garrett never designed the GT3076R to run in a .48 housing, and there's no way a .48 can flow like a .63 (as claimed by precision). The GT3076r was designed to work in the .63 housing ONLY. ATP say the .82 won't make much of a difference until after 7000+ rpm when upgraded from the .63, so the .63 is the best way to go on that turbo, as claimed by ATP!

BTW, I think the 373 whp is good...both my friend and I made 350 whp @ 21-22psi on 90 Octane, and that was on an AWD dynojet.

Hope that helps....
Originally Posted by 2jzEVO

05 ww evo rs with only 3,800 miles.
mods list:
UR high flow cat
bliz nur cat back
defi boost gauge
hks 272's cam
hks suction kit
greddy 720cc injector
afcII
hallman manual boost controller
with these set up my car put down about 310 hoses on 91 octane and 350 horses on 100 octane tune by Tuning Technology which is very famous evo shop in Southern California.
And I just have
RnR gt35r kit
pruven bov
Originally Posted by JonEvo
327hp / 314tq on pump gas at 24 pounds on a mustang dyno. the tune is conservative right now until i can afford to get a meth kit and crank the boost up some more. now the tune is also on the stock ecu with the afc so i am sure i would make more power with a stand alone. i am seeing full boost at 4200rpm and the spool is not that bad for driving around on the streets. i am also still on the stock clutch and my car is over 40,000 miles now!
His mods were-- hks 272in 272ex - fidanza cam gears - arc intercooler - rmr ic pipes - aem intake - rnr down pipe - hks carbon ti exhaust - rnr 50 trim turbo kit- 680cc injectors - walbo fuel pump - Jestrtuning custom flash- Scott TTP Engineering cam adjustment- apexi safc-2 - greddy boost controller - forge blow off valve- zex nitrous- TTP 3" test pipe- arp head studs- greddy timing belt

So 470 from one of your gt35R kits pushing 32 psi, 370 and 2 others making 350 with your gt3076, and a amazingly lackluster 327 from your 50 trim at 24 psi, I can keep digging for more poor results, but I feel that evom is already signifigantly aware of your kits.....Meanwhile for comparison there are guys making 430+ on TT's 50 trims, and people making well over 500 on GT35R kits from other manufacturer's.....

Scorke
Old May 9, 2006, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the explanation Ted.
Old May 9, 2006, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

I really have no idea how you could possibly take different cars, different dynos, different tuners, different weather, different everything and then put into all together and come to that conclusion. Please rethink what you are trying to say. There are ton of cars out there running our kits with great results.

I would put our 35R kit up against anything else out there. I have tested them against a few others and already know what the results would be.
Old May 9, 2006, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

I understand what you are saying, I just posted a brief snippit of the types of results people were getting, its not that all your kits perform poorly, but on the grand scheme of thing I have seen much better results from other kits on a wide variety of dynos, from a wide variety of supplemental parts, and different tuners!

Scorke
Old May 9, 2006, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Of those cars you choose to post about. One of them was on a low reading Mustang dyno. The other was still running the stock FMIC on a 35R. So you might want to rethink what you are trying to say. If our kits didn't work as advertised then they would be selling as well as they have for the past 3 years. I am sure we have sold as many kits as any other EVO turbo kit manufacturer out there.

Scorke, what are going to say when our car hits over 700whp with a simple T3/T4 style turbo? I am sure it will be something like " guess they got lucky".
Old May 9, 2006, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

Hey ryan good numbers. Wish these pics were up!! Email some my way if you can i would like to see some of these.

Also have you toyed with the idea of alcohol injection?

Steve
GnV Motorsports
Old May 9, 2006, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

I have thought about alcohol injection, but I like to keep the car super simple and it is just one more thing that could go wrong. No doubt it works, just haven't put it on the car as of yet.
Old May 9, 2006, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

That mustang dyno is not low reading, as posted on the thread, it read typically 2 percent lower than a dyno jet. If your car does hit over 700whp I will not be surprised at all, its a fully built motor, with that arge turbo, I feel anybody could make large numbers with..... Even if an IC gave that gt35R'd car another 30whp, which it might possibly that would put it at 380......

Scorke
Old May 9, 2006, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Hows this, I will put up our 35R kit to anyone who wants to test it against the rest. That is how sure I am about the results. We have already done this on our own with several kits.
Old May 9, 2006, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Define put up, I would love to see your kit, ams's, buschurs, full race's, shearers, and peak boosts on the same car same dyno, unfortunately that will never happen....

Scorke

Quick Reply: RnR (Daily Driver) HITS THE DYNO!!!!