Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

RnR (Daily Driver) HITS THE DYNO!!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2006, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would give it out for free if the other companies were interested in doing it. I have no doubt it would be really close. Those kits you listed are all really good, but there are a few others I have issues with.
Old May 9, 2006, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Ryan,

Can you please pm me a good deal on the 2.4. I do wanna do it soon! Thanx!
PJ
Originally Posted by RnR Racing
PJ, I can't wait to see your car and the final numbers once you get it tuned. Let me know if you still need that 2.4
Old May 9, 2006, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RnR Racing
Hows this, I will put up our 35R kit to anyone who wants to test it against the rest. That is how sure I am about the results. We have already done this on our own with several kits.
Hahahah i'll take you up on that offer. i'd love to put a 35r on my car.

Whoever you do this with make sure they post the results!!!

Ryan i think you just made a good challenge to other tuners.

Steve
GnV Motorsports
Old May 9, 2006, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

I will say this. I am nothing but HAPPY with the kit that Ryan made for me.... fitment was perfect and i cant complain about 471whp without even being tuned yet... When i hit my numbers are you still going to rag on Ryans work?? cuz i personally think RnR makes some quality ****.

PJ
Old May 9, 2006, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pjsevo8
I will say this. I am nothing but HAPPY with the kit that Ryan made for me.... fitment was perfect and i cant complain about 471whp without even being tuned yet... When i hit my numbers are you still going to rag on Ryans work?? cuz i personally think RnR makes some quality ****.

PJ
Amen PJ.
Old May 9, 2006, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pjsevo8

PJ
PJ,

Thats convincing i still have not decided which way to lean for my turbo kit when i get one. I gotta do some more research first though thats for sure. Which kit do you have btw? gt35r...?

Steve
GnV Motorsports
Old May 9, 2006, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GNV Motorsports
PJ,

Thats convincing i still have not decided which way to lean for my turbo kit when i get one. I gotta do some more research first though thats for sure. Which kit do you have btw? gt35r...?

Steve
GnV Motorsports
It's in his sig, GT37R.
Old May 9, 2006, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

I've seen several RnR turbo kits come through Tuning Technologies. They last, look great, and make as really great power. I would recommend RnR's kits without hesitation.
Old May 9, 2006, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

mine made 471whp at 27psi on pump/meth with a tiny m7 meth nozzle. i stopped at 511whp at 29psi because i am running the stock motor. no doubt it would be 575+whp with 35psi on a built 2.0 motor.
Old May 9, 2006, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ted B
That's because your engine management does not alter the factory injector drivers.

The problem here is the RNR car is running an AEM EMS. The injectors EVERYONE is using is a low impedance injector. The AEM EMS comes equipped for a lower performance, high impedance injector (go figure). This creates a mismatch, which apparently slows the injector response time. The end result is decreased effective fuel flow. This is why virtually every AEM EMS user reports having to use abnormally large injectors, which constitutes a band-aid fix at best.

The correct fix is a $300 low impedance injector driver box offered by AEM. When the RNR car is fitted with this driver box, it should remedy the situation, and the 1000s should suffice . . .easily.
This is a very good explanation.

Usually though, the AEM box isn't really required til 1600's. 1000's have been made to work on TONS of cars.

This car obviously had the same setup before, just with a different tune. The "quoted" (in the past) numbers were over 700whp on the AEM and the same setup.

I can't see Ryan quoting lower numbers (albeit at lower boost) for any reason other than this is the first time the car MADE the power it did.
Old May 9, 2006, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

Ryan,

What is the difference between your design in manifolds compared to AMS's or a Greddy kit? I am really now considering some of your stuff and some more info would be great.

Steve
GnV Motorsports
Old May 9, 2006, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Ted B
That's because your engine management does not alter the factory injector drivers.

The problem here is the RNR car is running an AEM EMS. The injectors EVERYONE is using is a low impedance injector. The AEM EMS comes equipped for a lower performance, high impedance injector (go figure). This creates a mismatch, which apparently slows the injector response time. The end result is decreased effective fuel flow. This is why virtually every AEM EMS user reports having to use abnormally large injectors, which constitutes a band-aid fix at best.

The correct fix is a $300 low impedance injector driver box offered by AEM. When the RNR car is fitted with this driver box, it should remedy the situation, and the 1000s should suffice . . .easily.
does anyone know if the injector box fixes the start up time cranking?
Old May 9, 2006, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by scorke
Define put up, I would love to see your kit, ams's, buschurs, full race's, shearers, and peak boosts on the same car same dyno, unfortunately that will never happen....

Scorke
plus we know who would win... fullrace is the only header designed with cfd (to my knowledge) everyone else's is just very good measuring.

not like fullrace would win by like umpteen billion hp... it's just when it comes to slicing cheese this thin it helps to have the cfd to minmize error based testing.
Old May 9, 2006, 11:10 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats Ryan, I can't wait to see you when I am ready to get my 35R kit.
Old May 10, 2006, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

I just have to say thanks to Alfred from TT. I beleive he is going to be able to get 750whp out of a T3/T4 turbo. In the past we have always had to go to a full T4 to get over that 700whp mark. I use to have a 4067 and also a 4088R which both put me over 700whp at around 35-38psi.

Quick Reply: RnR (Daily Driver) HITS THE DYNO!!!!