Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buscur deluxe, AMS or Nisei for stock turbo?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2006, 03:17 PM
KY
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buscur deluxe, AMS or Nisei for stock turbo?

I am looking to buy a bigger intercooler. I will be adding HKS 272 cams to my mod list. In the future I may add a 50 trim (no time soon).

Will the Buschur Deluxe be fine or should I go with the AMS or wait and try to get a Nisei whenever they become available? An even better question is do I need one right now?

Thanks
Old May 8, 2006, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KY
I am looking to buy a bigger intercooler. I will be adding HKS 272 cams to my mod list. In the future I may add a 50 trim (no time soon).

Will the Buschur Deluxe be fine or should I go with the AMS or wait and try to get a Nisei whenever they become available? An even better question is do I need one right now?

Thanks

I would get cams before even thinking about an IC upgrade.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I completely agree. I picked up 30WHP and 27WTQ across the board with 272s. No loss anywhere. Night and day difference and best bang for the buck mod I've done to date.

I did try an upgraded FMIC and found that it made my car laggy and didn't notice any additional HP.

I dont think you need an upgraded FMIC for the stock turbo. If you insist, at least look at chemical intercooling as an option. If you need a replacement you might as well get an XS-power or SSA from ebay. You can get them for $200 shipped and they flow about the same as stock. Basically those companies replicated the AMS FMIC. Many people have had very good luck with them. If you were to search DSMTalk or DSMTuners you would see they have been tested extensively and proven themselves to be very good.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

I just installed a XS Engineering intercooler no lag was added and car pulls alot harder at top end. Iam going to get it tunned next weekend Ill let everybody know what power gains I got.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You don't need one for the stock turbo until you have pretty much maxed everything out with cams, header, o2, LICP, and alky while running mega boost while generating a lot of heat through the FMIC. At that point, an upgraded FMIC becomes worth the money.

RogerV, it's not likely that you just installed that FMIC and randomly gained a lot of top-end power unless there was some problem previously or because of 100+-degree temps there in Arizona while previously running more boost than you should.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Do as everyone has said. Get alll the bolt-ons really then get FMIC near last. I have the BR Deluxe and love it. It goes great with the stock turbo. No extra lag, noticeable difference in power when I got it in the summer!