Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Shipping MR Trans to Shep?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2006, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GNV Motorsports
I think its always a nice thing to have as a safety mod. I think its all personal preference though. But if it were me with those mods i'd do it just to be safe. I know my 03 tcase just crapped out for no reason. How many miles are on your car btw?

Steve

i got 25k right now, i already did the shep transfer case upgrade with the quaife lsd. i plan on drag racing it and drive it on the street a couple of times a week as it is not my daily driver. the reason im wondering if its really worth it is because like i stated before my trans is already out plus on top of that my car is at buschur, which is alot closer to shep than new mexico. if i did the upgrade, should i get the cryo treatment and everything? what exactly is that? i didnt get it on my transfer case, should i get it on there too?
Old May 11, 2006, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

take it apart lol
Old May 11, 2006, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TwStDeVo
i got 25k right now, i already did the shep transfer case upgrade with the quaife lsd. i plan on drag racing it and drive it on the street a couple of times a week as it is not my daily driver. the reason im wondering if its really worth it is because like i stated before my trans is already out plus on top of that my car is at buschur, which is alot closer to shep than new mexico. if i did the upgrade, should i get the cryo treatment and everything? what exactly is that? i didnt get it on my transfer case, should i get it on there too?
Ahhh i was under the impression you wanted your Tcase done as well. Well depends if you are a hard shifter it would be in your best interest to upgrade the trans, and since its already out... why the heck not ya know?

This was an article i was directed to a few years back i actually save all these good articles on my computer. I dont' want to make this a history lesson but it provides good insight on the process. http://www.300below.com/site/gearsolutions.html

But if i were you i'd just upgrade it since its not going to cost that much as it is right now. your looking at less than 1400 i believe.

Steve
GNV Motorsports
Old May 11, 2006, 05:44 PM

if it's just over the weight limit for fedex i'm sure you(or mr. jackson) can "persuade" the kid working. i have a friend that works for fedex and he boxed up a set of 4 rims/tires and shipped them from ca to ct for really cheap. he took off about 20lbs from the weight and also used his discount
Old May 11, 2006, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

what is the cost on your tc work? Im debating sending out mine, yeah its perfect and runs great. But i have heard 100's of negative stories on the stock tc and zero negative issues with shep.
Old May 11, 2006, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just a FYI. If anyone lives close to AMS they send things out to shep also. Might want to give Eric a call and see how they shp things out.
Old May 13, 2006, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Just finally sent out the tranny and Tcase.... The Tranny I ended up putting on a pallete cut to the size perfect, bubble wrapped, stringed and shrink wrapped... The guy said it looked like it weighed just a little over 150... He let it slide cause it looked like it wasn't totally on it and it weighed in at 148. The Tranny cost 97 bucks and the tcase weighed in at 78 lbs and cost 52 I belive....

I will let you know the impressions but shep said since I am doing Cryo and Rem treatment it could take almost 4weeks...

Stay Tuned...
Old May 13, 2006, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Nesiop
Just finally sent out the tranny and Tcase.... The Tranny I ended up putting on a pallete cut to the size perfect, bubble wrapped, stringed and shrink wrapped... The guy said it looked like it weighed just a little over 150... He let it slide cause it looked like it wasn't totally on it and it weighed in at 148. The Tranny cost 97 bucks and the tcase weighed in at 78 lbs and cost 52 I belive....

I will let you know the impressions but shep said since I am doing Cryo and Rem treatment it could take almost 4weeks...

Stay Tuned...
Thats awesome man, i am calling shep on monday. And hopefully taking my car to him in the next week.

Steve
GnV Motorsports
Old May 15, 2006, 05:44 AM

quick question... does any 1 know the dimensions of the tcase?
Old May 19, 2006, 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

No but close are to the pallet size. I will post it tomorrow.. Think it is on my slip.....
Old May 20, 2006, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Thank god for this thread, I now am in need of sheps service, too bad he wont answer on the weekends. Im goping for the whole deal here. Tranny with cryo and sliders, t-case w/ quaife and a tilton. Might as well do it the right way finally.