Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Shipping MR Trans to Shep?

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2006, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shipping MR Trans to Shep?

As some of you may have known about my New England Dragway post, I thought my Cusco twin blew out but it was perfectly fine except the $5 part, tin or aluminum circle clip with little claws that goes around the TOB popped off.

I decided it was probably the best thing to happen since it made me have to rip out the tranny, and found nothing wrong but gave me the opportunity to get this and the tcase stronger from Shep.

Anyone send out their MR Trans to shep? He says to use Fedex ground but the MR trans's are definately heavier then the 5speeds, and over the fedex ground limit of 150.

Plus I want to send out the tcase. Even if I seperate it the tranny alone is heavy and to with the dimensions of a box/pickup of 250lbs, 36x18x18 it was like 330 or 380. But the tcase for ground would be 43.

I am not that far away but the freight is what kills it. Has anyone sent out their MR Tranny, and how did they do it?

Thanks
Old May 9, 2006, 07:40 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have two 6spds to sent out and an ACD TC...

We are faced with the same decisions. I think the MR Trans is 220lbs.
Old May 9, 2006, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Give shep a call i am sure he has got this question thousands of times on a better alternative to FedEx. I know i am making a trip there hopefully next month to get the same work done, but on the 5 speed and a new tcase.

I would go to your local fedex and talk to someone and see if they got any special ways to ship this? As far as size and weight is concerned. Regardless it will be money but you might be able to talk to someone to save you a couple bucks.

And if that doesn't work maybe even driving would be cheaper...

Steve
Old May 9, 2006, 08:15 AM
Account Disabled

You all wont be disappointed when you get back the goods from Shep - the guy is a master and the difference is shocking
Old May 9, 2006, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

You will have to use fedex freight. 6-7 day ship times on average.
Old May 9, 2006, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Al, Like i said to you when i met you, i trust your choices you make as far as parts are concerned and who to go to. After i heard about your shepard Trans and all of that good stuff i was sold. I will let you know how it is for me, which i am sure will be top notch.

Might even be cheaper to go through the USPS. But idk if they have a weight limit for shipping items

Steve
GnV Motorsports
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
You all wont be disappointed when you get back the goods from Shep - the guy is a master and the difference is shocking
Old May 9, 2006, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah my boy over at Z1 told me to use BAX, and Shep said he has heard it is a bit more but he gave me a number to this other place to try out and he said would be under 200 for both. Calling both in a few.

Yeah Al, I can't wait for it. Then all I need is to build my motor up and I am coming for you LOL.

It is cool too that this is on the MR so it costs very little to do the TCase, and the tranny is about the same but much cheaper then the competitors but all the fastest Evos use his. You use the Quaiffe though right Al?

Almost broke my wrist last night putting it in the box though, got pinned against the reinforced box and the bottom of the tranny. Then had the shift linkage rub up my arm.
Old May 9, 2006, 08:28 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post up your shipper and shipping costs when you decide on a carrier.
Old May 9, 2006, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Post up your shipper and shipping costs when you decide on a carrier.
K, and I am in MA so it will be a bit more for you but not too bad.
Old May 9, 2006, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Agent-Smith
You will have to use fedex freight. 6-7 day ship times on average.
Yeah man I work at FedEx in the World Tech Center in Memphis. FedEx Freight is the way to go for this.

Please, please don't use brown. They damaged my exhaust over a month and a half ago and I should finally get my new one this week.

Sorry for the highjack back on topic now guys.

Just my .02.
Old May 9, 2006, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by newbie03evo
Yeah man I work at FedEx in the World Tech Center in Memphis. FedEx Freight is the way to go for this.

Please, please don't use brown. They damaged my exhaust over a month and a half ago and I should finally get my new one this week.

Sorry for the highjack back on topic now guys.

Just my .02.
Brown is by far the worst shipping company ever. Thats not even argueable. We had 8 sets of wheels come to us, and 3 of the boxes came smashed and one of the boxes never came.

Anyways. Yes please post the prices, and your opinions on the job, because i am going there soon as well.
Old May 9, 2006, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Fedex freight unfortunately isn't the way to go. It would cost well over 300 to get these sent out.

So far, GNV I was referred by Adam to check out BAXglobal.com The dimensions of the box i have I believe was 36x18x22 or something and the weight I put was 320 I believe and it came out to 150.
Old May 9, 2006, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Nesiop
Fedex freight unfortunately isn't the way to go. It would cost well over 300 to get these sent out.

So far, GNV I was referred by Adam to check out BAXglobal.com The dimensions of the box i have I believe was 36x18x22 or something and the weight I put was 320 I believe and it came out to 150.
Thats a GREAT deal i have never heard of BAXglobal.com I must check them out. Are you just getting the standard shepard transmission upgrade? What are you all getting done, i know he offers several options for the Tcase, and trans.

Steve
GnV Motorsports
Old May 9, 2006, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nesiop

I may be biased but not only with parts, with shipping you get what you pay for.

Good Luck
Old May 9, 2006, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

I'm currently doing the same thing. My car was towed to a shop just yesterday to have the transmission removed to be shipped to john sheppard. i was unaware of the weight being too heavy to send through fedex ground though.

Quick Reply: Shipping MR Trans to Shep?