Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

450-500 hp

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2006, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
450-500 hp

Hey guys my goal is about 450-500 hp at all 4 wheels. i have had plenty of experience with the 4g63 seeing as i had a GSX. I am very new to the evo and i am wondering about the differences it has from my GSX. My car is an MR ix. i know im spoiled happy graduation granted i payed for the GSX and it is goin to be sold, so i should have plenty of funds for the evo and i want to do it right. My GSX was done true dsm style all kinds of hack mods and stuff i want the evo to be done by myself but with as few hack mods as possible.

Thanks, Ben
Old May 9, 2006, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

search please there are many threads on this
Old May 9, 2006, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go look at AMS or Buschur "stages". to get an idea. however, I dont think there is lots out there for a "9", but I could be wrong.
Old May 9, 2006, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Spaceball 1
search please there are many threads on this
1+

SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND.
Old May 9, 2006, 02:18 PM

i have searched around some and i have found a few answers...this search feature works better then most i have seen. The car will be mianly a street car and see the track i can prolly about eveyother weekend and it will tear up the back roads. so would it be wise to invest in an AEM EMS stand alone or is there something better?
Old May 9, 2006, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gsxeclipsed
i have searched around some and i have found a few answers...this search feature works better then most i have seen. The car will be mianly a street car and see the track i can prolly about eveyother weekend and it will tear up the back roads. so would it be wise to invest in an AEM EMS stand alone or is there something better?
If you live near a certified tuner, your OK. I would look at the stages, pick a shop, and stay with them!! No mix and matching parts, take it from me, they "dont" communicate well. the mix and match of parts!
Old May 9, 2006, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

so would it be wise to invest in an AEM EMS stand alone or is there something better?
I have the AEM ems for my evo 8, one of the best investments I have made. And one of the better ones to do if you have big mod plans for your evo. I dont believe they have it ready for the 9 yet, but you might check on that. If its not ready yet, I say wait, because it is worth it. I had the Turbo XS utech before, and that had its limitations to include the MAF (would not recommend). Plus with the AEM, you can use your MAF and the Mitsubishi ecu as a paperweight....
Old May 9, 2006, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

AEM is not out for the IX yet. Motec is a standalone option I believe.

Look in the dynoflash forum. Al tuned a IX with a 2.3, stock turbo that did around 450whp IIRC. Car now has a 35R on it I think.

Girlie
Old May 9, 2006, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Girlie
AEM is not out for the IX yet. Motec is a standalone option I believe.

Look in the dynoflash forum. Al tuned a IX with a 2.3, stock turbo that did around 450whp IIRC. Car now has a 35R on it I think.

Girlie
I heard of the Motec. Good system from what I hear, but supposedly overpriced??
Old May 9, 2006, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lancealott
I heard of the Motec. Good system from what I hear, but supposedly overpriced??
I have heard the same thing. A flash will be more than enough for most people's needs. Especially since the AEM is not really an option for IX owners right now.

Girlie
Old May 9, 2006, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Hey guys my goal is about 450-500 hp at all 4 wheels. i have had plenty of experience with the 4g63 seeing as i had a GSX. I am very new to the evo and i am wondering about the differences it has from my GSX. My car is an MR ix. i know im spoiled happy graduation granted i payed for the GSX and it is goin to be sold, so i should have plenty of funds for the evo and i want to do it right. My GSX was done true dsm style all kinds of hack mods and stuff i want the evo to be done by myself but with as few hack mods as possible.

Thanks, Ben
You can find all your answers if you just search. This has been covered so many times.

You could read for weeks getting all the info you need if you just search.
Old May 9, 2006, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks, Ben
Well the route i would go is this: HKS/GSC 272 cams/headstuds, exedy twin, Buschur I/C with all the piping, Forge UNOS MBC, Alky/meth kit, BB50 trim kit, Buschur TBE, HKS suction intake, forge RS BOV, walbro fuel pump, Gauges, and a Dynoflash.

im sure i left some things out. but this is a good start.
Old May 9, 2006, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
ALOT of CASH!!! follow my list to 700 awhp
Old May 9, 2006, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

^^^^^^^Thats who I was talking about

Girlie
Old May 9, 2006, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

get an exhaust cam, full o2 back exhaust, some intercooler hard pipes and a tune. You'll be more than satisfied with what the IX has to offer. That minor stuff alone can put you well into 11s.

Quick Reply: 450-500 hp