Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

GReddy TI Exhaust - Any EX owners in here?

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2006, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GReddy TI Exhaust - Any EX owners in here?

I'm facing a bit of dilema here.. I've had a full TBE consisting of an HKS DP, cat delete and finished with a GReddy TI for about a year now. The car sounds GREAT, looks GREAT and I love the power the combo provides aswell. I think the Greddy TI as just a catback is perfectly fine... but as a TBE... things are a bit diffirent...

Problem is, as much as I love the Greddy TI, it's just too loud for daily driving. The moment you step on the gas and start making the turbo work, it gets loud... real loud... like too much attention calling loud. Don't get me wrong, I don't want something as quiet as stock because I do like the sound of a nice deep exhaust, but with how loud the TI is, I can't really drive my car how I want without bringing a bit too much attention to myself.

So I'm looking to switch out my Greddy TI for something else... I would prefer a full 3" exhaust, so I've been looking at the RnR/HKS Carbon TI unit.

Is this setup with my TBE still very loud or will it die down compared to my current setup? I would also consider HKS's straight up Carbon TI unit, but I know its a bit smaller at some spots (2.75 I believe?), but it would also probably be a bit quieter than the RnR/HKS.

Anyway, that's my story... I did search btw for those of who love to tell people to search... but I'm looking for people who have direct experience of having a full Greddy TBE on their car.
Old May 9, 2006, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Im in the market for a Ti and im currently running a full 3" buschur system. Would you be interested in a trade plus cash?
Old May 9, 2006, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

thanks for the offer, but I'm a bit of a ***** for looks... and I don't really like how the Buschur setup looks.

Thanks again though!
Old May 9, 2006, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by outsider
thanks for the offer, but I'm a bit of a ***** for looks... and I don't really like how the Buschur setup looks.

Thanks again though!
Haha same here. Figured it couldnt hurt to ask. If you decide to sell outright please let me know.
Old May 9, 2006, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

sure thing... assuming I find a suitable replacement, I'll place it for sale
Old May 9, 2006, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

I have a HKS carbon Ti that i have completly converted to 3" even inside the muffler, all carbon Ti mufflers shipped to the US are 2.5" inside. I have even cut and welded the Ti tip so that is angles down JDM style, so no black bumper. Wiling to trade, but with my modifications it is loud, but not as loud as my friends Greddy Ti.
Old May 9, 2006, 07:34 PM

I've heard the HKS Hi-power and it's not too loud.
Old May 9, 2006, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

If you get a resonated test pipe that will help take the edge off...
Old May 9, 2006, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Do any of you guys have video or sound of just how loud it is? I havent seen or heard anything.
Old May 9, 2006, 07:36 PM

Is it true the Greddy Ti has no resonators.
Old May 9, 2006, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Spaceball 1
I have a HKS carbon Ti that i have completly converted to 3" even inside the muffler, all carbon Ti mufflers shipped to the US are 2.5" inside. I have even cut and welded the Ti tip so that is angles down JDM style, so no black bumper. Wiling to trade, but with my modifications it is loud, but not as loud as my friends Greddy Ti.
Thanks, I'll keep it in mind...

Originally Posted by SpinOne05
I've heard the HKS Hi-power and it's not too loud.
On a full TBE?

Originally Posted by jasonc32amg
If you get a resonated test pipe that will help take the edge off...
True... but I'm not sure it it'll be enough.

Originally Posted by Sap12687
Do any of you guys have video or sound of just how loud it is? I havent seen or heard anything.
No video... don't have a video cam... could try my camera to give you an idea (short movie)

Originally Posted by Markmsk
Is it true the Greddy Ti has no resonators.
None.
Old May 9, 2006, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

I might soon be an ex greddy ti owner... I drove around with a catless greddy ti on stock dp and its too damn loud for 70+ mile a day highway driving. I put my stock cat converter back on and i think it's still too loud sometimes.

I bought greddy ti cuz of its low weight, cuz I wanted something nice for my evo and cuz I was a newbie and was stupid and wanted LOUD exhaust.

Now the truth hurts... my ears. I might put my stock midpipe back on and getta buschur axle back and might getta 2.5 inch test pipe. I heard that exhaust setup aint too bad.

I don't wonna pay another 500 bux for a quieter exhaust and I'm stock anyways so the axle back should do fine.
Old May 10, 2006, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by alloyic_rs
I might soon be an ex greddy ti owner... I drove around with a catless greddy ti on stock dp and its too damn loud for 70+ mile a day highway driving. I put my stock cat converter back on and i think it's still too loud sometimes.

I bought greddy ti cuz of its low weight, cuz I wanted something nice for my evo and cuz I was a newbie and was stupid and wanted LOUD exhaust.

Now the truth hurts... my ears. I might put my stock midpipe back on and getta buschur axle back and might getta 2.5 inch test pipe. I heard that exhaust setup aint too bad.

I don't wonna pay another 500 bux for a quieter exhaust and I'm stock anyways so the axle back should do fine.
lol... yeah I would recommend you switch too if you feel that way about it with even the stock cat on. I'm pretty sure the combo you want will be quiet enough for ya...

Still lookin for info guys!

HKS Carbon TI guys... chime in!
Old May 10, 2006, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I didn't go with the 3' because of the noise issue i love the way my HKS ti sound and for the gain of 10 extra hP and the attention of all the cops as i drive back priceless!!
Old May 10, 2006, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sharkbite2000
I didn't go with the 3' because of the noise issue i love the way my HKS ti sound and for the gain of 10 extra hP and the attention of all the cops as i drive back priceless!!
So you have an HKS DP and HKS Carbon TI? Stock cat?

BTW.. fellow EVO/GTI driver represent!

Quick Reply: GReddy TI Exhaust - Any EX owners in here?