Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Gadiel Tuning- 404 whp stock turbo EVO 9!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2006, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gadiel Tuning- 404 whp stock turbo EVO 9!!!

Ok peeps lastnight the owner of www.carrito.net took his EVO 9 GSR to the dyno to be tuned with the last mods (coming up in a few) tuned by Gadiel - the tuner of the Fastest USDM STI and many fast cars in PR. This was SAE corrected

Ecutek Flash
404 whp
375 tq
C16 mix
28 psi peak

ACME Header
TT exhaust cam
UR Downpipe & Cat Delete
3.5 Catback (Custom Made)
Greddy Profec B 2 EBC
Stock turbo
stock intake manifold
stock clutch (until it holds)

Previously on pump gas the car made 383 whp & 344 tq.

Here's the link so you can all see the results and compare what we do here in Puerto Rico.

http://www.carrito.net/board/showthread.php?t=89244

Last edited by Randy; May 11, 2006 at 01:59 PM.
Old May 11, 2006, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much will you charge me for the samething, I want that right now, hit me with a pm
That is simpily awsome Congrats!!!!!!!!!
Old May 11, 2006, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

I dont charge anything but seems people here dont like good numbers unless its Buschur or someone else who has done the good job. No wonder that damned STI won last year at the WRX / STI shootout, this guy can tune, and the group of mechanics they have is awesome.

Still, any EVO 9 with those numbers on C16 and stock turbo?
Old May 11, 2006, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

wow.
Old May 11, 2006, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Randy
I dont charge anything but seems people here dont like good numbers unless its Buschur or someone else who has done the good job. No wonder that damned STI won last year at the WRX / STI shootout, this guy can tune, and the group of mechanics they have is awesome.

dident al's car brake or something. so whatever. and i car remember that sti broke more times then al had in the past so now what. oops im sorry did i shut you up.

great numbers btw. car must fly.
Old May 11, 2006, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
dident al's car brake or something. so whatever. and i car remember that sti broke more times then al had in the past so now what. oops im sorry did i shut you up.

dude who cares?

Do you mean TT intake cam? Im assuming TT stands for TurboTrix. What mods were added to go from 383whp to 404whp?
Old May 11, 2006, 03:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by fsugatorbait
dude who cares?

Do you mean TT intake cam? Im assuming TT stands for TurboTrix. What mods were added to go from 383whp to 404whp?

Race gas .... and more boost

mark
turbotrix
Old May 11, 2006, 03:27 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Randy

Randy, you know I really respect and admire Gadiel's work - in fact I wrote the cover story in Turbo Magazine about him and the Big valley car

Gadiel is a modest and soft spoken guy and he would not participate in this type of silly trash talking that you are doing

You must be aware that I already tuned a IX to 540 TQ and 430 whp with a reflash and that one of my customers with only stage II Buschur went 11.56 which makes for the fastest IX in the USA

I don't know what screw is loose in your head that after myslelf and Mark come down there and tune yourself and your buddy for free you then go to Gadiel and then brag that he made more power

Tuning a street car you can always make more power

Being a tuner is about balancing saftey and power on a street car so the car lasts

TT is a fine tuner and his work is very good

Gadiel is a great tuner and a great guy I wish you did not drag him into this silly talk

Al
Old May 11, 2006, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW!!! Amazing numbers!! Those IX's are something else, time to upgrade to a IX turbo Great job at the guys at P.R.

Hey Randy was the turbo at its max limits on this hp level?

Last edited by EVIL_EVO_VIII; May 11, 2006 at 03:58 PM.
Old May 12, 2006, 08:49 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
You must be aware that I already tuned a IX to 540 TQ and 430 whp with a reflash and that one of my customers with only stage II Buschur went 11.56 which makes for the fastest IX in the USA
Didn't PDT run 11.2's in a IX? Where did I read that?

Gadiel is a great tuner and a great guy I wish you did not drag him into this silly talk
Wasn't there a BORLA sponsored car reflashed by Gadiel that blew up on the first pass down the track? My contacts in PR said they saw this. How you can blow up an Evo on the first pass with an ECU reflash is beyond me.

Last edited by TTP Engineering; May 12, 2006 at 08:52 AM.
Old May 12, 2006, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Randy, you know I really respect and admire Gadiel's work - in fact I wrote the cover story in Turbo Magazine about him and the Big valley car

Gadiel is a modest and soft spoken guy and he would not participate in this type of silly trash talking that you are doing

I don't know what screw is loose in your head that after myslelf and Mark come down there and tune yourself and your buddy for free you then go to Gadiel and then brag that he made more power

Tuning a street car you can always make more power

Being a tuner is about balancing saftey and power on a street car so the car lasts

TT is a fine tuner and his work is very good

Al
Excuse me what trash talking?
This is not my car, but he seems to be making a lot of power.

Mark is an excellent tuner so are you, but unless we get good numbers of people for you to come in and tune, it would be a waste of money for you or Mark and it wouldnt be cost effective.

And my concern is because every time you guys post good numbers about customers cars everyone goes like WOW amazing etc etc etc I post this about Gadiel's good job and no-one cares.
You wont come to PR to tune 1 car will you? You know you wont.
Who made more power? I didnt I havent changed anything in my car, well I removed bolt ons from my car and Mark did a great job on my car and we have no problems at all, seems you do have a problem when all the customers you had the first time in PR decided to bring Mark to tune their cars instead of you, I have no problems there, Im not a tuner I just road race and drag for fun and as a hobbie, I have barely $3000 in my car and not interested in investing any more. I already ran 12.1 on your tune, 12.2 @114 on Marks when he retuned me once when I changed cams and removed the header, now I went all the way to road race and an agressive tune for that is not needed, I need my car to perform for 15 minutes like a beast, not for only 12 seconds.

Oh and good numbers on that 9, but we already have one that ran 11.6 with only 383 whp.

Good numbers none the less hope you are doing ok, and Im not missing any screws in my head, at least I dont
Old May 12, 2006, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fsugatorbait
dude who cares?

TT exhaust cam I believe is a Comp Cam made to TT specs.
Old May 12, 2006, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004

The STI broke? I believe the engine was complete and in one piece, they had a clutch problem, Turbotrix helped them fix it all night, they came back with 3 hours of sleep and won. And in December they ran 9.6 @145 still slower than AMS but damn that is hella fast
Old May 12, 2006, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Didn't PDT run 11.2's in a IX? Where did I read that?

Wasn't there a BORLA sponsored car reflashed by Gadiel that blew up on the first pass down the track? My contacts in PR said they saw this. How you can blow up an Evo on the first pass with an ECU reflash is beyond me.
Yeah the car blew, Gadiel tuned it with the Borla Cat back and the Borla Header, nothing else on the car not even a boost controller, this past Sunday they wanted to run an event, they installed downpipe, cat delete, boost controller, Gadiel couldnt tune the car or check it before they went to the track. But they forgot to check all the hoses and the tiny hose that goes into the fuel regulator was loose (This I learned from Al, always use zip ties) the hose poped and the car melted the 4th piston, sad day, but had nothing to do with the tuning unlike some people intend to say. Thats why you take your EVO to people that work with EVO's and people like Al who double checks everything before going to a race track.
Old May 12, 2006, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVIL_EVO_VIII
WOW!!! Amazing numbers!! Those IX's are something else, time to upgrade to a IX turbo Great job at the guys at P.R.

Hey Randy was the turbo at its max limits on this hp level?
All I can say is this car is a beast and it doesnt have the O2 housing yet, or a header or even intercooler piping and the intake is a weird thing there with a used cusco suction tube with a KN cone filter. Yes the turbo at those boost levels starts to feel the pain, but what really makes this cars good (EVO 9) is the darn MIVEC, its a nice piece of art.

Quick Reply: Gadiel Tuning- 404 whp stock turbo EVO 9!!!