Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

RnR GT3076R KIT...pictures

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2006, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to Ryan & Precision:
They say "All Precision 5-Bolt GT3076r turbo's come with the .48 back housing, because that's the only housing they make in 5-Bolt"..why I don't know..as garrett only reccomends the .63.

As I stated before, Precision say's it flow the same as a .63...but this is impossible as the design & geometry of the housings are different, so if they ported it would flow more...but not the same as a .63.

Well, honestly I look forward to more favourable result's with my new .63 housing once re-tuned.
Old May 15, 2006, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvO6-RS2
According to Ryan & Precision:
They say "All Precision 5-Bolt GT3076r turbo's come with the .48 back housing, because that's the only housing they make in 5-Bolt"..why I don't know..as garrett only reccomends the .63.

As I stated before, Precision say's it flow the same as a .63...but this is impossible as the design & geometry of the housings are different, so if they ported it would flow more...but not the same as a .63.

Well, honestly I look forward to more favourable result's with my new .63 housing once re-tuned.
Ya I got the same BS story, Ryan doesn't really have a choice in housing becuase PTE is too damn cheap to use what really works. Also it upsets me when PTE trys to tell a customer false info as they did you and I both that a .48 flows the same as a .63, I believe they do this to save money equalling a bigger profit.

Someone over there seems to have a problem with measurements and flow calculation. The AR (Area Ratio) is a measurement, you can not squeeze the same amount of air through a smaller hole with the same amount of foce as a bigger hole. Its plain and simple, call ATP and give them the measurements of your wheel and the CHRA number and they will send you the correct 5 bolt housing to use with your existing kit. Just be aware if you run a VTA (OPEN) wastegate you shouldn't have to make any modifications but if you route your wastegate back into the O2 housing you might have to have that changed becuase I am not aware of the thickness difference between the two housings so keep that in mind.

Good luck

FYI , They do not port the .48 housing you can see this when you compair it to a .63 there is a very noticeable difference.
Old May 15, 2006, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

GTVEVO...thanks for the info. I did get my new housing from ATP, but I really didn't compare them as I wasn't there when my mechanic changed them around. I can tell u this though, it sounds so much free-er now when it revs..like less backpressure, which is a good thing...

Respec..thanks guys
Old May 15, 2006, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

XS Engineering GTR Intercooler

Just added some pictures of my XS Engineeing Intercooler, it's the GTR core and a universal one (I used it on my 450whp Civic for awhile & decided to throw it on my Evo).

By the pic's you can see how it compares to stock in size, and how I installed it...took a little more time seeing that I had to make it fit and does sit a little low...but it works and it saved me some $$$.

I don't have any dyno #'s for before & after, but by the seat-of-pants dyno it worked well, car felt smoother, pulled much harder & the the top end power was steadier I was actually amazed at how it made the car pull so much better...I didn't expect that kind of difference.

Picture Host - PicTiger
Old May 22, 2006, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Ya, we no longer sell that Precision housingwith the 30R's. We were told that the housing flowed the same as the Garrett .63 and worked great. Well we have recently had a customer pick-up 60whp at the same boost level from doing the switch. Lets just say we know only use the Real Garrett .63 with the 30R's.
Old May 22, 2006, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Glad to know you're using straight .63 housing now...good stuff!!
Old May 22, 2006, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Ya, 60whp at the same boost level is a huge difference. This is why the 30R from Precision have been on the low side.
Old May 22, 2006, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RnR Racing
Ya, we no longer sell that Precision housingwith the 30R's. We were told that the housing flowed the same as the Garrett .63 and worked great. Well we have recently had a customer pick-up 60whp at the same boost level from doing the switch. Lets just say we know only use the Real Garrett .63 with the 30R's.

That is some outstanding results, I knew it made a huge difference for me and fixed other issues but its nice to see some other results, great job Ryan and thanks again for being able to step outside the box.
Old May 23, 2006, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Ya, when we found out about the problem we were shocked. We went from 370whp on pump to 430whp on pump. We were pleasently surprised to say the least.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Good shit Ryan. Can you post some before and after logs on that new back housing? What can be made with this turbo and ALKY at say like 28PSI?
Old Jun 17, 2006, 11:20 PM

Would the smaller a/r housing in any way be related to spool up at all? or not really?
Old Jun 18, 2006, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

Ya, 60whp at the same boost level is a huge difference. This is why the 30R from Precision have been on the low side.

Is this the same as your 35r? Just curious... Thanks!
Old Jun 19, 2006, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

No, you can only get the 35R with the .63 or .82 from us.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 05:55 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
I have a GT35R with that PTE .63 A/R housing intended for a 2.5L SVO Mustang, and I didn't have to look at it for more than 2 seconds to be convinced that it cannot in any way shape or form be the functional equivalent of the Garrett piece. I swapped it for a .82 AR Garrett unit with V-band exit.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice kit, hopefully you get more power out of it. I am planning on getting a kit done by rnr too. I will let everyone know how it goes.

Quick Reply: RnR GT3076R KIT...pictures