Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ebay O2 = Boost Creep * Help

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2006, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the ebay piece and ported out the wastegate hole pretty good and would still see creep from 16-18psi. I ended up removing it in part due to this problem. Im planning on going with the Invidia unit.
Old May 15, 2006, 07:27 AM
Evolving Member

my friend had his 'o3 tuned by shiv a couple weeks ago and he had the same issue w/an o2 housing. shiv recommended a mbc to address the problem. he has a xflash by the way.

Last edited by puckadog; May 15, 2006 at 07:30 AM.
Old May 15, 2006, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone with a 10.5, an ebay O2 housing, and a good MBC that has no problems? I have a 10.5 and a Hallman sitting in boxes in my room and a Buschur O2 housing on the way and want to be certain I won't have serious problems before the installation. Also, in addition to some power, doesnt the housing add a good bit of torque and decrease turbo lag noticeably? A friend of mine has the housing and the ported/coated exhaust mani and that thing feels naturally aspirated practically. Just saying there are benefits to the O2 housing besides just power gains.
Old May 15, 2006, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fsugatorbait
I had the ebay piece and ported out the wastegate hole pretty good and would still see creep from 16-18psi. I ended up removing it in part due to this problem. Im planning on going with the Invidia unit.
what happens if you creep with the invidia 02 housing?
Old May 15, 2006, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Well maybe I'll get lucky and the boost taper from my MBC and the creep from my O2 housing will even each other out.....haha!
Old May 15, 2006, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Honestly there is no difference in spool or torque. Even with the stocker I had nearly instant spool that hit very hard even with the 10.5HS. Besides you aren't going to feel 10HP on a 300WHP car.

I seriously doubt this piece did anything except add boost creep.

Buschur did one test and picked up 13HP but it was because boost went up 1PSI. Well if one PSI = 11HP then that O2 housing really isn't all that they say it is especially since we dont run the boost that Dave does. For the average guy that runs 21/21PSI on pump this O2 isn't gonna make a bit of difference. If you think it will feel free to buy mine!
Old May 15, 2006, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Well I already have one on the way for $125 shipped so that isn't too bad. I am going to run 22 or 23 psi though as 93 and 94 octane is pleantiful in PA, not 21. I read that lag is noticeably worse when switching from the 9.8 to 10.5 hotside so I thought why not replace the stock O2 housing while I have everything ripped apart. I have also read of many people with these units and a Hallman or Forge MBC having no issues whatsoever. This combined with the ported 10.5 and exhaust manifold yielded full boost for my friend about 400-500 rpm sooner. And I have ridden in his car and it feels way better than mine. For me, the 125 bucks is worth that increased spool up.
Old May 15, 2006, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
evil evo why dont you lower the boost from your xede map??
Old May 15, 2006, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by anjapower
what happens if you creep with the invidia 02 housing?

BB50 trim.
Old May 15, 2006, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

You have to much preload on the wga, thats the problem, its not the o2 housing. I had the same issue and its fixed
Old May 15, 2006, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVIL_EVO_VIII
You have to much preload on the wga, thats the problem, its not the o2 housing. I had the same issue and its fixed

Wow. I guess the o2 housing changes the dynamics enough so that the preload tolerances need to be recalibrated. Interesting and good call.
Old May 15, 2006, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jrsimon27
evil evo why dont you lower the boost from your xede map??
Because than 1st through 3rd gear would be at 18PSI.

If this were the case the car would have creep in all gears not just 4th/5th.
Also this would have been the case on the factory O2 as well.

Here's the deal man, prior to this O2 housing I dyno'd at 320WHP/311WTQ on a mustang dyno and that was with the factory O2 and 17PSI at peak HP. The car was running perfect.

After switching to the tubular O2 my boost table was completely messed up. The car spiked higher and even began to have boost creep. IF the tubular was higher flow then it definately shouldn't be creeping. Odds are these issues were cause by a device that hurt flow more than it helped it.

After searching this forum for nearly 3 hours this morning I've found that numberous people have the boost creep issue but many of them are running alchy so they dont care what the boost climbs to. Others simply live with the problem getting knock in higher gears/loads. I just want my car back to a controlled/tuned vehicle. This fricken O2 has caused inconsistant boost depending upon the RPM that you lay into it as well as high load issues on many different cars.
Old May 15, 2006, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVIL_EV0
After switching to the tubular O2 my boost table was completely messed up. The car spiked higher and even began to have boost creep. IF the tubular was higher flow then it definately shouldn't be creeping. Odds are these issues were cause by a device that hurt flow more than it helped it.
It is higher flow, but the higher flow is after the hotside, not before. With less restriction after the hotside the exhaust gases can flow through the hotside faster. In the lower gears your engine is accelerating fast enough to keep the boost stable as the turbo spins faster, but in the higher gears the engine does not accelerate fast enough leading to boost creep. Your problem isn't less flow, but rather more flow through the hotside. I'm not sure of the logging capabilities of the Xede, but it would be interesting to see your MAS readings before and after the O2 housing as that would be a true indication of the change in flow.

-Paul
Old May 15, 2006, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVIL_EV0
Because than 1st through 3rd gear would be at 18PSI.

If this were the case the car would have creep in all gears not just 4th/5th.
Also this would have been the case on the factory O2 as well.

Here's the deal man, prior to this O2 housing I dyno'd at 320WHP/311WTQ on a mustang dyno and that was with the factory O2 and 17PSI at peak HP. The car was running perfect.

After searching this forum for nearly 3 hours this morning I've found that numberous people have the boost creep issue but many of them are running alchy so they dont care what the boost climbs to. Others simply live with the problem getting knock in higher gears/loads. I just want my car back to a controlled/tuned vehicle. This fricken O2 has caused inconsistant boost depending upon the RPM that you lay into it as well as high load issues on many different cars.
Trust me, its the wga, i had the exact same problem as you, i only had it in 4th and 5th also
Old May 15, 2006, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Trust me, its the wga, i had the exact same problem as you, i only had it in 4th and 5th also
Did you have TTP fix this for you? Did they just loosen the arm?