Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Qeustion on IC piping

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2006, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Qeustion on IC piping

I was just wondering if i should foot the bill for the AMS Upper ic piping w/ hks ssqv
or just buy the hks ssqv bov with the hks ic piping? i dont know to much on any difference in dyno # so just needing some input. Also i have an 03 would i need the eids? my friend has a 03 but he never installed one and his car doesnt stall.
Old May 16, 2006, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like a bad idea to me. I don't know what other mods you have, but if those are going to be your first mods, then your making a huge mistake. You need to get a BOV that recirculates.....and for the money that you are going to spend on that stuff, you could buy something that would actually give you some more power.....MBC......exhaust.....etc. Check out the Warrtalon packages! Thats the best way to go.
Old May 16, 2006, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah i though exhaust would be a good place to start, i do have a boost controller and hks rs intake , hks turbo timer, boost guage thats it so far. I have only had the car for about 3 weeks now and my friends sugested i finish all the intake side before moving to exhaust but i dunno.

Last edited by kaonashi; May 16, 2006 at 03:44 PM.
Old May 16, 2006, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

replacing the upper IC piping is one of the last things you would want to do. As far as the BOV goes, there are much better options out there than the HKS ... JDM MR BOV, Greddy, Forge, etc.

Don't just start throwing parts at your car. Chances are it will start to run like crap before too long and you may end up losing power (HKS intake is a prime example of this). There are some relatively inexpensive, proven packages out there. Do some research on the Warrtalon package and then compare it to similar packages from other vendors.

l8r)
Old May 16, 2006, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

a simple mbc(which i have for sale...), turboback exhaust, and a tune and it will run waaaay better(by better I mean faster). then go cams, alky, arps, and a tune later(if your $$$ is right)