Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Help! with warrenty, ACT clutch, and 4th to 5th gear syncro!

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2006, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im sorry that you got screwed like that but you should have pulled the clutch before you brought it in . What was the purpose of having that clutch in the first place? Im sure you did it so you could hold the extra power you are making now. Why should mitsu cover anything that puts extra stress on the drivetrain? As soon as you told them you had a upgraded clutch they thought one thing and that was that you raced your car or abused it.

Im sure your pissed off but I bet if the car was 100% stock or had some minor bolt ons they would have covered it. I have yet to see Mitsu turn down any warranty issue if the car was stock.
Old May 22, 2006, 02:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
funny... well the only reason I replaced it was b/c the stock clutch wore out! My car had 50,307 miles on it when it finally started to slip. The thing is... it's my ONLY mod!! I would like to start going further... but I would like a smooth shifting tranny in order to procede
Old May 22, 2006, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

I am right there with you. I feel your pain. Near stock car with ACT clutch and 5th gear grind. The dealer ship wont touch it unless I pay.
Old May 22, 2006, 05:29 PM

That really stinks, im sorry to hear, but its better than the ACT problems that old dsm's have, with the springs grenading!
Old May 22, 2006, 07:09 PM

springs grenading? hmm doesn't sound too good... well i'm keeping up with the fight! Gave the zone representative my number when I was directed to him from Mitsubishi. Should be calling me tomorrow. I also requested from the dealership: the problem with that car I brought up (syncro grind) and how my aftermarket clutch caused the problem in writing. Will be faxed to me tomorrow. Basically, I want my grinding to cease in existance... and if the dealer doesn't comply, I'll look into pressing charges according to the Magnuson-Moss Act.

Should be fun...
Old May 22, 2006, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Sock it to them! If they have the problem listed under a TSB they should fix it under warrenty.
Old May 23, 2006, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Just take your transmission out and send it to Shep and when you get it back you will have 0 problems and it will be a good solid transmission, better than factory I might add......
Old May 23, 2006, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

I went through a similar case with Mitsubishi also, but with my transfer case. At the end I decided to just send my transfer case off to TRE.
Old May 23, 2006, 12:01 PM

yeah those options are high on my list of things to do now... why bother wasting time with Mitsubishi right? cause that's all it is, a waste of time! TRE sounds just what I'm looking for... haha if I keep the car that is! Basically I've been trying to do this so the next owner wouldn't have to worry about it. Turns out I could be getting myself into a big mess!

Well this is what I got through the fax today: (Well after I called them, they stated that they tried to fax it earlier this morning... yeah ok!)

I was looking for something a bit more descriptive, but I guess that might benefit me! Anyway do you think I should have a Service Rep's signature on the bottom and the dealership at the header? And have them re-fax it to me?

Does anyone think that this could be true? I highly doubt it myself... it's mainly the 4th to 5th gear shift that I get the grind on. None of the other gears do it, besides SOMETIMES 2nd to 3rd... I just told them that so they could replace both while they're at it! And I adjusted the clutch pedal properly, so I know it is fully disengaging... the other gears sink right in... and even when I downshift without rev matching! Now I have to get them to prove that this is happening... next step, getting a descent lawyer and bringing him/her in to let them know what's ahead of them...
Attached Thumbnails Help! with warrenty, ACT clutch, and 4th to 5th gear syncro!-img033.jpg  
Old May 23, 2006, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ruchc03
funny... well the only reason I replaced it was b/c the stock clutch wore out! My car had 50,307 miles on it when it finally started to slip. The thing is... it's my ONLY mod!! I would like to start going further... but I would like a smooth shifting tranny in order to procede
So your stock clutch lasted you 50,307 miles and you had no trans problems during that time. How long after you got the act did you start having the trans problem? What warranty do you have on the car and what is your current mileage on the vehicle?
Old May 23, 2006, 12:16 PM
Evolving Member

that reason the dealer gave you really doesnt PROVE anything...it just seems like a bunch of BS to me.
Old May 23, 2006, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Actually, the reason the dealer gave you is totally accurate. I would side with the dealer in this case. If it was a BOV that they said voided your syncro coverage, different story. But you're talking about a driveline warranty when your driveline is modified. Suck it up and pay a reputable company to fix your car.

- Steve
Old May 23, 2006, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ruchc03
yeah those options are high on my list of things to do now... why bother wasting time with Mitsubishi right? cause that's all it is, a waste of time! TRE sounds just what I'm looking for... haha if I keep the car that is! Basically I've been trying to do this so the next owner wouldn't have to worry about it. Turns out I could be getting myself into a big mess!

Well this is what I got through the fax today: (Well after I called them, they stated that they tried to fax it earlier this morning... yeah ok!)

I was looking for something a bit more descriptive, but I guess that might benefit me! Anyway do you think I should have a Service Rep's signature on the bottom and the dealership at the header? And have them re-fax it to me?

Does anyone think that this could be true? I highly doubt it myself... it's mainly the 4th to 5th gear shift that I get the grind on. None of the other gears do it, besides SOMETIMES 2nd to 3rd... I just told them that so they could replace both while they're at it! And I adjusted the clutch pedal properly, so I know it is fully disengaging... the other gears sink right in... and even when I downshift without rev matching! Now I have to get them to prove that this is happening... next step, getting a descent lawyer and bringing him/her in to let them know what's ahead of them...

Bull**** "cough ... cough" . LOL.... that was pretty funny what he said. Just to let you know I doubt mistu will give into any of your demands. When you installed that clutch you knew it could give you problems with the warranty and it was your choice to do so. It states in your warranty informantion that modifing the car can and will void your warranty so in turn its your fault. Just like those little stickers you see on electroics that say void if seal is broken. I doubt you would try to send something back after breaking the seal and expect them to fix it after tampering with it.
Old May 23, 2006, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SuperHatch
Actually, the reason the dealer gave you is totally accurate. I would side with the dealer in this case. If it was a BOV that they said voided your syncro coverage, different story. But you're talking about a driveline warranty when your driveline is modified. Suck it up and pay a reputable company to fix your car.

- Steve
I agree.

When I put my tilton in this summer and if I ever destroy my tranny after the fact I know I will be fronting the bill. Also you pretty much knew you were screwed from the start because you were already worried about the clutch being a factor.
Old May 23, 2006, 12:57 PM

The same thing happened to me. My 5th gear blew up at 15k and they replaced it under warranty. While it was replaced, they installed an Act street clutch kit and told me that it would not void my warranty. I have been trouble for ever since(now have 38k and still have warranty). By the way, I am from PA but I go to school in CA. I took my car to Faulkner Mitsubishi in Southeastern PA. Check them out. Great people and great service.

Quick Reply: Help! with warrenty, ACT clutch, and 4th to 5th gear syncro!