Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Boost creep with stock turbo....

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2006, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsu...QQcmdZViewItem

Look for evo and dump tube
Old Jun 13, 2006, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

thank you sir
Old Jul 3, 2006, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
You are the 0.0034% of the Evo world that has even driven in sub 20*F weather . . .
Sorry to go here for a minute, but your comment is rediculous. Many people have the EVO as a daily driver, and if you live in the upper 1/4 of the country you are sure to run into < 20*F temps throughout the winter. I think we were down around 0*F a few days here last winter.

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming
Old Jul 3, 2006, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

I recently upgraded to the tubular 02 housing and the BR 20G9-5 (and using a TurboXS dual stage manual boost controller). It has the single flapper wastegate and stock WGA from the '06 turbo. Trying to run 20psi it would creep to about 23psi at higher RPMs. I didn't have the time to try fixing it as I had an upcoming race, so we just set the boost to 23psi with meth injection. No creep. I run 29psi on race gas. No creep there either. It was only when you try to go below 23psi (for low octane map) I had a problem.

Planning on trying the dual flapper hotside to see if it takes care of the problem at low boost. If not, I will switch back to the single flapper and cut the hole in the SSAC 02 housing bigger to see if that helps. Probably won't get to the testing until fall, though, so someone else please feel free to go ahead and beat me to it!!

EVOlutionary
Old Jul 7, 2006, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Planning on trying the dual flapper hotside to see if it takes care of the problem at low boost. If not, I will switch back to the single flapper and cut the hole in the SSAC 02 housing bigger to see if that helps. Probably won't get to the testing until fall, though, so someone else please feel free to go ahead and beat me to it!!
EVOlutionary
Is your single-flapper 10.5 housing fully ported, especially in the area of the transition radii into the wastegate bypass port? You might try hogging out the WG bypass port to the max, by thinning the partition wall and enlarging the overall diameter of the area of the bypass port encompassed under the WG flapper. This should reduce creep as it will improve exhaust flow out the bypass port.

Last edited by sparky; Jul 7, 2006 at 06:32 AM.
Old Jul 9, 2006, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the tip. I don't really know if or how it is ported, as it was done by Buschur Racing and I never saw the part before it went on the car.
Old Jul 9, 2006, 07:05 PM
Evolving Member

Some 1 said that an aftermarket wga will boost creep more then running on the factory wga. So is an aftermarket wga really needed when running real high boost like with meth. Also is it possible to "wear out" a factory wga by running high boost? Im tryin to learn a little here guys so hang with me, and im not trying to high jack your thread with my questions.